What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Pretty disappointed from the comments from @Poibug @windoesnot @Tombyrne over @Neil McRae Fight Club Comp

It doesn't need to be official or need permission... Its unofficial its a pop up...

Its not taking machines up at all... They are not being ringed off... There is no time limit... There is no entry fee...

Simply someone goes up and pushes start... Its no didn't if you was a regular punter and didn't know about the comp... If there is a queue come back later...

I think its more of egos getting in the way... Shame more people didn't put more effect into the community and comps like @Neil McRae is doing... How many people are actively buying machines just to use in comps etc????

Instead of thinking because they have been around longer they are right...

Well said Kirk glad I’m not the only one supporting Neil on this. Remember up to 4 can play on one game so if 4 have a head to head only those who wish to submit their scores for the comp can do so! It’s a free country after all!

See you tomorrow at flip out @Neil McRae

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Tom was just worried about playing games which is valid.

I’ve spoke to Phil and I think we have this under control - I’m putting this behind me so we can focus on having a great event with loads of pinball and beer.

See you all Friday!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm interesting view Sven.

In my head I’m thinking do I argue many points that might be not well understood or raise other potential hypocrisy...

Or do we focus on having a great event?

I’m going for the latter!

Hmm interesting view Sven.

In my head I’m thinking do I argue many points that might be not well understood or raise other potential hypocrisy...

Or do we focus on having a great event?

I’m going for the latter!

Have a great event! I’m sure we will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty disappointed from the comments from @Poibug @windoesnot @Tombyrne over @Neil McRae Fight Club Comp

It doesn't need to be official or need permission... Its unofficial its a pop up...

Its not taking machines up at all... They are not being ringed off... There is no time limit... There is no entry fee...

Simply someone goes up and pushes start... Its no didn't if you was a regular punter and didn't know about the comp... If there is a queue come back later...

I think its more of egos getting in the way... Shame more people didn't put more effect into the community and comps like @Neil McRae is doing... How many people are actively buying machines just to use in comps etc????

I think the issue is more about the way it was announced/declared - not even consulting the organiser, yet still using his thread to promote it.

Have the NLP guys or Andy Netherwood, who will be trying to keep all of the machines operational throughout the weekend, been informed what machines will used? Will there be more pressure on them to get a machine being used in the comp up and running again so as to keep the comp functional.

Personally I've no problem with having friendly, unofficial contests running, hell that's some of the most fun in the bars around the Belgium Open, playing winner stays for €10 a time.

Who will be bringing their top trumps with them :) I will. Anyone fancy a game see you in the bar.

View attachment 91254

Hell yes

6ba319f5801c313c6bded56f5c44314f.jpg

crikey, nobody got so upset when I announced stall ball and I hadn't told Phil about that before hand either i was just running something fun on my own game! then it got such good feedback we made it official!

wonder what I can announce next year! :D :D :D :D :D

<FX: Trying to focus on having a great event, sad trombone playing>

crikey, nobody got so upset when I announced stall ball and I hadn't told Phil about that before hand either i was just running something fun on my own game! then it got such good feedback we made it official!

wonder what I can announce next year! :D :D :D :D :D

24 hour pinball perhaps? Mentioned elsewhere to Wayne or Phil!

Doubt those who stay up late in the bar will be getting much sleep!

My issue was my belief that he sbould have asked before announcing, 're your comments about giving to the community I will have a chat with you about that when I see you in a few days

24 hour pinball perhaps? Mentioned elsewhere to Wayne or Phil!

Complete and utter non-starter.

A number of problems with an all nighter.

How many people would really want it?
Restrictions imposed by hotel
How many machines could last for over 30 hours being played constantly?

Complete and utter non-starter.

A number of problems with an all nighter.

How many people would really want it?
Restrictions imposed by hotel
How many machines could last for over 30 hours being played constantly?

Fair enough was just a thought and guesses couldn’t be done realistically!

Let's nip this in the bud.

I see the opinions/points from both sides of this argument. What Neil is doing is fantastic BUT I really should have been told/consulted beforehand. I should be told what people are planning before it's announced for a few reasons. I need to know it doesn't clash with anything else happening, it's safe, it's legal and it doesn't offend others. At the end of the day, I'm the organiser and I'm responsible for everything that happens/goes on during the event.

The prizes Neil has secured for this unofficial competition are VERY desirable and my first concern was how much machine hogging would occur. We've agreed to monitor. I'm sure it'll be a massive success.

Whatever is brought to pinfest to make it bigger, better and more successful, I'm all for it.

Kirk, I gather if you walked into TILT one evening and found someone raffling off 50" TV, you'd be ok about it? 🤣

Right, who wants to play some pinball?

Looking forward to some beers in the bar Friday night, is there a charity pin going in there?

Let's nip this in the bud.

I see the opinions/points from both sides of this argument. What Neil is doing is fantastic BUT I really should have been told/consulted beforehand. I should be told what people are planning before it's announced for a few reasons. I need to know it doesn't clash with anything else happening, it's safe, it's legal and it doesn't offend others. At the end of the day, I'm the organiser and I'm responsible for everything that happens/goes on during the event.

The prizes Neil has secured for this unofficial competition are VERY desirable and my first concern was how much machine hogging would occur. We've agreed to monitor. I'm sure it'll be a massive success.

Whatever is brought to pinfest to make it bigger, better and more successful, I'm all for it.

Kirk, I gather if you walked into TILT one evening and found someone raffling off 50" TV, you'd be ok about it? 🤣

Right, who wants to play some pinball?

As its fight club are we using boxing gloves whilst we play?

My issue was my belief that he sbould have asked before announcing, 're your comments about giving to the community I will have a chat with you about that when I see you in a few days

Three 3 minute rounds lads, no biting or headbutting. This is a square go, not a dirty go..

Three 3 minute rounds lads, no biting or headbutting. This is a square go, not a dirty go..

If it’s is a fight as such then great idea each player gets 3 mins on each game unlimited entries and best score counts!

That would be challenging for top players as their game can last longer than 3 mins.

This also ensures fair play on games too!

Any thoughts @Neil McRae

yes Ben I think you should focus on making your own play better only.

That’s one of my goals at pinfest and also to get streamed so I can watch my own gameplay back up high would be invaluable

Il be at club tomorrow to work on basics it’s seems I’ve been neglecting the use of dead drop which often caused me to over flip!

That said I am capable of getting some good scores when I play well...

Back
Top Bottom