What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

Someone has just phoned the hotel and booked a room Thursday through to Monday.

I honestly don't know what's going on with them. One minute they're fully booked. The next, they're not. Unless they just hit on lucky with a cancellation.

If you still need to book, it may well be worth just giving them a call on the off chance.

Managed to book Friday to Monday today (1st July) was speaking to Hollie at hotel. Didn’t ask but sounded like it was no problem to book

They have always had a reputation of confused chaos when it comes to booking

That's THREE that managed to book up yesterday!

Seriously - perhaps you should threaten to take pinfest elsewhere next year. if daventry can’t de honest with the number of rooms they are able to allocate!

There are plenty of other venues across the uk that would jump at the chance to host this major uk pinball event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe pinfest allocation has been used up and the hotel are now selling the rooms they have spare. ???

I booked a room for Fri and Sat just an hour ago. I asked about availability and mentioned there were rumours the rooms were all gone but she didn't really have any information for me. Also last year I'm sure they made me book through the Events department but this time I went direct to that number and they transferred me over to normal Reservations.

Maybe pinfest allocation has been used up and the hotel are now selling the rooms they have spare. ???

I think it's more likely the other way round. I was looking online via the Mercure site and also other 3rd party sites and they all said that weekend was sold out. But if you ring up and mention Pinfest there are still rooms available.

Thought I'd missed the boat, so got a Saturday day ticket - might have to give them another call!
Can I upgrade my day ticket to a sat/sun one?

when I posted above I'd tried online and had called them and got sold out. both for Pinfest rooms and normal bozo rooms...

Neil.

Big Van booked today.

Am going to try and get the Turf Champ EM from Jon Mel to the show, but it will be very close, as i was planing on taking some of it with me on the canal trip to build back up, but the boat is much smaller this year and i may just end up ****ing the family off by bringing it along :-( Will try my best though. It is looking very good. Had to buy a paint tin sized pot of Autosolv to keep up and the tumbler has now warn down to a stump :). And where the bits were too big to get into the tumbler, to say i have Mankers cramp is an understatement! - all good though.

There are other options close by , if you travel down towards j16 m1 weedon there is the crossroads hotel - back up the A5 towards towcester theres the narrowboat inn ( very nice ) all within a 15 minute drive to Dav ( which isnt the best place to stay anyway ) - im local so if anyone gets stuck mail me ill give you some options

Andy just paid 8.50 for a can of custard stout. As is norm, My bill will be double that
Esp as have the lergy, and feeling like crap, can't talk.Beer works

Last edited:
Just grabbed my ticket for Saturday. No rooms left at the Dav Hotel (as has probably been the case for months) but got a cheapish room at the ibis 10 mins away. I'm hoping Saturday will be the night for beers? No false starts you high falootin vip ticket holders!

I think Friday night is the night for beers, what with us honed athletes looking to be in the tournament the next day, although I am still hazy on exactly what the tournament will bring.

Just grabbed my ticket for Saturday. No rooms left at the Dav Hotel (as has probably been the case for months) but got a cheapish room at the ibis 10 mins away. I'm hoping Saturday will be the night for beers? No false starts you high falootin vip ticket holders!
I've been looking for hotels near Pinfest as I kept putting off booking a room for some reason 😂 how cheap was cheapish mate? Might book in at the same hotel

I think Friday night is the night for beers, what with us honed athletes looking to be in the tournament the next day, although I am still hazy on exactly what the tournament will bring.

hell yes, and super big prizes in the stall ball! :D

Just an update on the Stall Ball format.

There will be two Stall Ball qualifiers (And yes we will be a bit more tight on entrants)

After the Saturday night Stall ball the top 3 players from each qualifier will battle it out for the Flip Out London Stall Ball in the BIGGEST Stall ball tourney in the UK!

Entry is free, you just need a VIP Ticket. and be at the Shadow at 8:45pm SHARP! You will get a badge, we start at 9:00pm sharp.

Cheers,
Neil.

Just an update on the Stall Ball format.

There will be two Stall Ball qualifiers (And yes we will be a bit more tight on entrants)

After the Saturday night Stall ball the top 3 players from each qualifier will battle it out for the Flip Out London Stall Ball in the BIGGEST Stall ball tourney in the UK!

Entry is free, you just need a VIP Ticket. and be at the Shadow at 8:45pm SHARP! You will get a badge, we start at 9:00pm sharp.

Cheers,
Neil.

Thanks for the update @Neil McRae just to clarify that our VIP ticket allows entry into one qualifier and not both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking for hotels near Pinfest as I kept putting off booking a room for some reason 😂 how cheap was cheapish mate? Might book in at the same hotel

Yeah mate do it!

Ibis Rugby East - 95 quid with brekkie, looks suitably average but that's all part of the fun. We can share cabs 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom