What's new

UK Pinball Premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Now I know this isn't strictly pinball related but I thought it would get more views in this forum rather than General Discussion and the more people get involved the more fun it will be. I recently setup the fantasy football league for my work for this season and thought it would be cool to have one for members of the UK Pinball community.

So I've gone ahead and setup the UK Pinball Premiership using the FA's fantasy football site:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

It's free to enter, all you need to do is register and pick your team. All the rules are on the site but basically you get £100M quid to spend on a team and you get transfers throughout the season. Even if you don't know anything about football you can still get involved as there is an option to pick a random team. Once you've picked your team, click on the Leagues tab at the top, select Join a League and enter the code below:

855431-211206

Your now a member of the league and will start earning points when the real Premiership starts next weekend. You can still enter after next weekend but will miss out on any points for the games you miss so it pays to get in from the start. If there's enough interest then it may be worth making this thread a sticky so updates can be posted throughout the football season.

Who's up for it?

I'm In
smile-1.png

Come on guys, sign up - it's free!!!

Quick update on the UK Pinball Premiership. We've got 12 people with a team entered already and there's still plenty of time to get yours in. As Paul says, it's free to register and you don't even have to know anything about football to take part. Just follow the instructions in my original post before this Saturday and you'll be earning points from the very 1st game week.

Paul - Seeing as we've got a good group of people already entered how about making this thread a sticky? I'll post regular updates and it can also be used for a bit of banter between managers
biggrin-1.png

Who's going to risk keeping players supposed to be playing in London this weekend?

I will have to i guess - i have two spurs players, so along with two others that are doubtful for the weekend i wouldnt have enough to make up a full squad!!
biggrin-1.png

I've already swapped out a load of players twice due to them showing as possibly not playing. Might have to look at the team again if all the London games get cancelled.

Sounds like i'm knackered, since Spurs aint playing, however most others will.

i might have to re-jig again lol

Seeing as it's the show this weekend so some people may only have tonight to get their teams entered, this is one last reminder so you can start earning points from the first games. Remember you can still enter a team after this weekend, you just miss out on a few points.

Good luck to all you other managers.....your going to need it with the wealth of talent I've assembled
biggrin-1.png

Sorry folks but I have to crow about being at the top of the league!! Granted, it's only week one but hey, if it never happens again over the course of the season, at least I've been in 1st place once!

Say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league...

î—

Fellow managers, game week 1 is officially over so lets have a look at the league.....

EDIT : SEE BELOW
smile-1.png

Up at the top Mark is making the early running with Wayne and myself hot on his heels. Down in the relegation zone its close between Daniel, Dean and Slam?!? However the season is long and it's a marathon not a sprint etc etc so plenty of time for it all to change.

Remember that your allowed one free transfer before the start of game week 2 if you feel that someone isn't pulling their weight. After last night I wouldn't be surprised to see Sergio Aguero being drafted in to the ranks of most teams
smile-1.png

There's actually unlimited changes allowed before this weekend. So time to improve (or more likely completely mess up) your team.

I have given my team an overhaul this morning. Much happier with it now. I had made some very questionable selections originally!

I better choose a new goalie, Forster has just left the premiership - signed for Celtic

Three players injured, so off to a good start
tongue-1.png

Could be worse! i couldn't even spell my team name correctly!!! I must have been '****ed again'

Im just on creating a team now. Missed a whole round of games so starting off on the back foot already!

Just in case people didn't see Wayne's earlier post......

Important message for all league managers. Due to the technical issues on the fantasy league website last weekend they've allowed unlimited transfers until the start of Game Week 2
smile-1.png

If anyone has already made transfers and had points deducted you'll get them back and if you've used your wildcard you'll get it back. So get on quick and make as may changes as you want.

Good spot Wayne.

Oh no... I've made a host of changes and worry I've gone and broken up a decent team. Ah well, live by the sword... :confused:

Only 30 mins left to make those final unrestricted team changes....after that it's 1 or 2 transfers a week (depending on whether you've saved one up).

Gameweek 2 is a thing of the past......

[attachment=98:Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 20.26.47.png]

Mark maintains his lead at the top but I'm in hot pursuit. Wayne drops a place and Mike moves into the top 3. Down in the relegation zone it's no surprise to see Ray and Jonathan who both missed Gameweek 1. Paul, mate, you've had an absolute shocker this week!!! Your chairman isn't happy
smile-1.png

Also an important message for all managers....

The website is having some problems with the scoring so the above table may not be 100% correct. If your score changes between game weeks then it will be due to this. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

So didn't completely destroy a winning formula then? Roll on Week 3. How does the transfer system work week by week? I assume that we can't just keep changing the hell out of the team. Otherwise, I'd just keep choosing defenders playing against teams that can't score and strikers playing against teams that can't defend. This manager lark is a pice of cake - I hear the ****nal Gaffer's job is up for grabs soon
wink-1.png

Also an important message for all managers....

The website is having some problems with the scoring so the above table may not be 100% correct. If your score changes between game weeks then it will be due to this. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

Better watch my mouth then - could actually be 15th! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom