What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open @ Croydon Hilton 29/09/22-02/10/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
We're bringing Diner which is known. But also a second game (most likely road show).

Is the People's bank decided at the time of the event depending on what games turn up? Or is there a rough list or number of games you know are coming? Otherwise how do you know you'll have games for the People's bank?

We've got a base number so we know we can run it. we might swap some games out.

Put Road show in the peoples bank and I'll bring it. 😘

I thought it was already a dead cert after asking before 😔

moved 8 of my games to our storage unit near the venue where we are collecting everything we need for the event, 4 huge TV screens, banners, parts the list is endless, including other borrowed games, but I think we need a bigger boat 8 more games to move this weekend.

IMG_9900.JPG

IMG_9901.JPG

OK Ladies is now a target matchplay tournament on the Saturday owing to not having enough players for the card format. If you want to just play in that event there are 10 spaces left but £40! You can buy more entries for the other tournaments.
If you want to play be at the ladies bank on the Saturday morning at 09:00

Also volunteers link is out, we need your help in build, front office and especially scorekeeping!

With this only a week away, and so many people saying how much they're looking forward to it, it's a bit disappointing how few people have signed up to volunteer to help set up or do a scoring session.

You're not going to be qualifying throughout the whole event (except maybe @DanLewell 😀), cost alone would be prohibitive!

I have booked an extra night at the aerodrome hotel and so am aiming to arrive at PBR around 10 am Thursday Morning *traffic permitting ,to help with the massive task of moving machines from PBR and to help set them up at the Hilton , plus volunteer to do whatever's necessary to complete Neil's vision for this Uk Open .... Any Volunteers that want to help out on the Thursday should show up at PBR , Croydon around 10 am , then if you cant make that and still want to be part of helping to create potentially ,the greatest tournament Uk Pinball has seen to date on the Thursday , then show up at the hilton venue after midday and we get it all set up like a proper job , to tell you the truth, I'm stoked to be a small part of it :cool::thumbs:

Me and Jack will be there Thursday evening to help out. And bring a machine along for the classics competition 😎
This open is going to be awesome.
I put my name forward to score keep with Neil, do I have to register somewhere, as Neil said thanks but no further comment
Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend…….keef😎

I put my name forward to score keep with Neil, do I have to register somewhere,
The link is above a couple of times, but also here:

The link is above a couple of times, but also here:

Put myself in for a couple more shifts 👍

I hope to get to the Hilton late afternoon/early eve with Diner and another game for the people's bank. Happy to help any setting up.

Is there any idea on how it'll run once we get there? There doesn't seem to be any info about what games are being brought by other people, we're not the only ones except the PBR/Medway crew are we?

Is there a new or updated version of this timetable? It's incredibly messy (the hours don't start or end where they should), typos and a strange mix between 12hr and 24hr clock.
Including 9am -1500pm .

Just makes it a little hard to understand at a glance.

This is the one on the website
ukopensched-1.png

Do we know what is going to be included in the People's Bank yet, or is it down to what people decide to bring?
I think it'll mostly be PBR (or pbr related games like Medway) but swapped out depending who brings games.
I was surprised there hasn't been a donation thread (like for Pinfest) to see what is likely to come so there's not too many and at least get a good idea of how it's going to be organised logistically.

I hope to get to the Hilton late afternoon/early eve with Diner and another game for the people's bank. Happy to help any setting up.

Is there any idea on how it'll run once we get there? There doesn't seem to be any info about what games are being brought by other people, we're not the only ones except the PBR/Medway crew are we?

(no I'm not back just posting on this thread to clear up any questions).

Firstly Wayne and others thanks for reminding people about volunteering and _huge_ thanks to those who have volunteered.

We have lots of folks who have kindly brought games there are other games that will be in the bank, but we're not confining their use to the peoples bank though, so there are a few classics going into the classics bank and Diner is going into the main bank. The final Peoples and womens/youth bank will be announced tomorrow. I've brought 6 games from my house and bought another 8 - they are in a lock up just across the road from the venue - so we will have a nice selection of games for sure!

Its a fair challenge that this hasn't be clear made more difficult by the tight setup schedule we have. Games donated so far are: Barracora, TWD, Genie, Alien, Flight 2000, Diner, Radical, Roadshow, Spiderman we are using some of these in the Peoples bank and some in others; but the peoples bank has a great line up of games! We only really wanted/needed about 10 :D We are working in real time though, for example 4 of the games in classics have faults since last week so we may need to change them.

Drop your game off at the hotel on Thursday or Friday morning with the keys, legs and bolts etc, ideally have it setup for 3 balls and no extra balls, and we will take care of the rest :D. As soon as the bank is closed from the tournament (for example classics on Saturday night) we will start to pack games up.

David, not sure what you don't understand about the timetable, and yes the mix between 24 hour isn't great, my fault, but the times are clear on the schedule. If you have a specific question then please post it. We open at 10am Friday, 8am on Saturday and Sunday.

Coming soon:

1: Email from DTM with your login details for DTM
2: Email regarding arrival and registration and format.

@Steven unfortunately there is nothing planned for Thursday night as we will be setting up for Friday.

There are three clear areas where we need help:

1: at PBR on the Thursday morning until 13:00 and then at the hotel from 12:00
2: Scorekeeping, only apply for this if you can communicate clearly and articulately.
3: Setup back at PBR on Monday

ALSO PLEASE CHECK YOU HAVE BOTH AN ENTRY TICKET AND A TOURNAMENT TICKET (unless its a kids entry which includes tournament entry); Tomorrow is the last day to buy a tournament ticket online.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
David, not sure what you don't understand about the timetable, and yes the mix between 24 hour isn't great, my fault, but the times are clear on the schedule.

It's probably me being pedantic but the size of the bars each comp is in don't match to the end times if that makes sense. It ends at 2330 every day yet the youth comp says it ends at 1630 but on the graphic it sits as if it runs till 2330.
It also sits as if it starts the same time as classics II finals when really it's two hours earlier.

If you go only by the start times you can understand it but if you look at it visually it can be confusing. They just need moving about, squashing or lengthening.
I like the format of the schedule, it's supposed to make it easier to see any overlaps and where each session sits in relation to the others, but the reason it works well is lost if they aren't placed correctly.

Drop your game off at the hotel on Thursday or Friday morning with the keys, legs and bolts etc, ideally have it setup for 3 balls and no extra balls

We're happy to help set them up, I've got a scoop that Mike Parkins is kindly fixing for road show that needs putting in👍
Our games should be good to go, I've spent a while adjusting settings, outlanes and making them play fast, so much that I almost dislike my Road Show now...😂

Looking forward to it !

All the games for the UK Open are now posted at playpinball.uk - subject to change as we break and fix things! :D And an updated playerlist with one very interesting single digit IFPA number :D

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Afternoon!
My 13 year old is coming to compete in the youth competition on Saturday which is scheduled for 15:00-16:30.
I'll be there for the whole three days but my wife is bringing my son to the specific competition.
This will be both of our first times at an event like this and I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a feel for:
1) whether the duration of the event is likely to be just 1.5 hours or may run longer
2) whether the start time is accurate or will flex according to how long the ladies tournament takes
Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting people at the weekend!
Pete

Good Afternoon!
My 13 year old is coming to compete in the youth competition on Saturday which is scheduled for 15:00-16:30.
I'll be there for the whole three days but my wife is bringing my son to the specific competition.
This will be both of our first times at an event like this and I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a feel for:
1) whether the duration of the event is likely to be just 1.5 hours or may run longer
2) whether the start time is accurate or will flex according to how long the ladies tournament takes
Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting people at the weekend!
Pete

it's the famous pinball office finalist Pete! Nice to see you here! Hope you're well😁

I would assume timings will be loose as it's the first time this type of event has been run in the UK . The ladies is a Matchplay comp (like we ran at the Pinball office), so unless they've over estimated I'd imagine it could overrun depending how long rounds last.

Neil who's in the know about the UK Open isn't on here a lot anymore but hopefully will answer your question soon but I'd reccomend you try emailing him https://playpinball.uk/contact/

Going to look at the volunteer spreadsheet and put myself down for some score taking; I see they are in 3hr blocks, so just trying to figure out when's best to allow for a few go's of qualifying, as with 140 people, it could take a bit of time to complete a card entry each time?

I'm staying Fri, Sat and Sunday night, so would have a couple of hours free Monday morning before having to head off home; would it still be worth volunteering to help pack up? (The packing up slot runs until 17:30?)

it's the famous pinball office finalist Pete! Nice to see you here! Hope you're well😁

I would assume timings will be loose as it's the first time this type of event has been run in the UK . The ladies is a Matchplay comp (like we ran at the Pinball office), so unless they've over estimated I'd imagine it could overrun depending how long rounds last.

Neil who's in the know about the UK Open isn't on here a lot anymore but hopefully will answer your question soon but I'd reccomend you try emailing him https://playpinball.uk/contact/
Thank you for the reply - think I'm going to get a bit of a lesson this weekend...but really looking forward to it!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom