What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open @ Croydon Hilton 29/09/22-02/10/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Stormy is THE value pick. No pressure Nicholas, but I predict A LOT of Fantasy managers in your corner over the weekend
Yuen is better value (according to some basic calculations) I appear VERY over-priced (especially with my still dodgy shoulder), or maybe someone has more faith in me than myself?

Attachments

• ranks.png
    ranks.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 68
Can you explain all the columns and colours in your table
Nothing too complicated.

Ranking, Rating & Eff %ge taken from IFPA website. Both the world position and actual value.

Blue columns are the figures multiplied together

Green columns are the 1000/the position, them multiplied by each other.

Nothing too scientific, but the figures do kind of line up with the £ values for each player.

If I had more than 20 minutes to look at this I'm sure I could have worked out how the £values were calculated from the IFPA figures.

Just wish I'd done this before selecting my FP team 😁

I've never played Junk Park before 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-081603_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929-081603_Samsung Internet.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220929_081641.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929_081641.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220929-081620_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929-081620_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 48
Can you explain all the columns and colours in your table

Here is how the values for each player are calculated - for those who are interested in the maths behind it.

(I wasn't far off with my assumptions)

Does anyone know if the full set of classic machines will be available for both Classics 1 and Classics 2 tournaments? Or will there be a subset selected on each day?

Does anyone know if the full set of classic machines will be available for both Classics 1 and Classics 2 tournaments? Or will there be a subset selected on each day?
The Classics 1 comp will consist of all of the games shown in my above post - because you can queue for them all.

My GUESS would be that Classics 2 will consist of all of those games which make it through the Classics 1 comp still functioning. With any available machines subbed in where necessary.

Trust me the less machines you have to move once setup the better.

Is women's matchplay a 9am prompt start?

From Neil's email

" The ladies tournament will start at 9am on Saturday 1st of October, please be at the ladies bank promptly, and make sure your DTM account has two unused entries/cards, you will be able to purchase cards/entries from the front desk if need be. Players is limited to 28 players and there is still space for more players. We will use Matchplay and scoring will be 4,2,1,0 format. Ladies can register just for the ladies tournament now by registering for Saturday entry on the Eventbrite and buying two entries on the day but you must be there for 09:00am"

From Neil's email

" The ladies tournament will start at 9am on Saturday 1st of October, please be at the ladies bank promptly, and make sure your DTM account has two unused entries/cards, you will be able to purchase cards/entries from the front desk if need be. Players is limited to 28 players and there is still space for more players. We will use Matchplay and scoring will be 4,2,1,0 format. Ladies can register just for the ladies tournament now by registering for Saturday entry on the Eventbrite and buying two entries on the day but you must be there for 09:00am"
I haven't been sent an email. Just an Eventbrite reminder with tickets and a NeverDrains link with a player number :(

Been away the last couple of weeks, only got back from Marrakesh a few hours ago and now waiting for Josh to get here from work before we set off so probably won’t make it to the Hilton until very late tonight

Just checking it’s a 10am start tomorrow and we can figure everything else out then?

I haven't been sent an email. Just an Eventbrite reminder with tickets and a NeverDrains link with a player number :(
Email was for volunteers so wouldn't worry!
The schedule is the schedule, just arrive in good time

To @Neil McRae and everyone involved should be super proud of this world-class event happening this weekend

Especially @Neil McRae for having the vision to bring UK Pinball in line with the world-class events happening in Europe and the US

Wish I could be there but currently on my trip to LA - Oaxaca - Mexico City

Good luck to everyone and I hope one of our UK Players keeps the cup home in the UK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom