What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT Bham

Games should be fixed this week. Keep reporting errors to me phil@pinball.co.uk and they will be sorted.

Looks like Throttle staying now and Star Wars leaving

GB premium is downstairs!

Phil

stupid unreliable thing
Are you describing pinball machines in general there?
Through ownership I have noticed some machines very rarely break down and others constantly need tinkering with. We could have a league table of reliability. Might help some people to choose their first pin as reliability is usually sought when buying your first pin.

Through ownership I have noticed some machines very rarely break down and others constantly need tinkering with. We could have a league table of reliability. Might help some people to choose their first pin as reliability is usually sought when buying your first pin.

Bit silly really as all machines are subject to how much it's been played, operated and/or maintained.

Bit silly really as all machines are subject to how much it's been played, operated and/or maintained.

I suppose so, but if one were to assume that two different machines were subject to the same play and maintenance, is there a difference?
Some machines do have a reliability comparison.
E.g. STTNG has the cannons, BSD has the mist magnet both of which could be argued as more prone to failing than other mechanisms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and a bit of random luck. most reliable game I ever had was gottlieb genesis that had no faults not even a broken rubber or blown bulb in 3 years. some games however tend to be jinked and go from one issue to another. At the moment I'm finding SM bulletproof (unless some twonk doesn't tape in the power lead as instructed)

But there are some that seem to have more issues that others when play time is consistent

I suppose so, but if one were to assume that two different machines were subject to the same play and maintenance, is there a difference?

But in domlouis' league table proposal, how are you going to do that between different machines/owners/operation times/levels of maintenance/previous owners skill to do repairs etc. etc..... to make it anywhere near accurate? Think you could maybe generalise it .i.e 'Data Easts perceived to be more reliable' (as I've been told many times by an experienced tech) or these particular titles mechs are prone to failure, but a league table of different titles !? Just too many variables to make it worthwhile imo.

If I'm wrong, go for it, see what goes and how many contrasting opinions you get. ;)

Last edited:
As an afterthought, maybe Phil could do it with his TILT machines as less of the variance would be there and level of use/maintenance roughly the same....

(If he could be ****d to compile such a thing..... and my guess is not :D other than for Full Throttle at the top.)

Actually tomorrow is a pretty special league meet... Because its officially our anniversary tomorrow.

We opened on 31st October 2015 - we started with 5 machines and a year later we have 14 machines... We literally have no more space!

It was a hard sell trying to convince people a barcade would work in the UK, but @philpalmer took a chance on us and his support has been amazing!

I pity the fool that carries pinball machines down and up stairs! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been looking at the Staybridge hotel nearby, very reasonable rates.... Might try get the wife to go down for a few games of silver ball during the day and to tickle my balls at night...

Tilt is fantastic and the games there are in great shape - should be there for a night in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom