What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT Bham

Thank you to Wayne and the Tilt guys for organising this and everyone who made me welcome yesterday evening.
Great to meet people in the hobby. Apologies if I didnt get to speak to you, perhaps in future as I hope to make this a regular trip!

Cheers

Good to meet you Neil! Hopefully more fun times at Tilt in the future :thumbs:

I've visited Tilt a few times and it's brilliant, right down to the music which seems to take in several of my favourite bands (Real Estate, Pavement and Sonic Youth!). I was there for a bit last night but only signed up here today so didn't know there was a meet up, though I wouldn't be tournament material anyway, I'd be interested to watch from the sidelines though! ;)

I've visited Tilt a few times and it's brilliant, right down to the music which seems to take in several of my favourite bands (Real Estate, Pavement and Sonic Youth!). I was there for a bit last night but only signed up here today so didn't know there was a meet up, though I wouldn't be tournament material anyway, I'd be interested to watch from the sidelines though! ;)
you should give it a go. it's all super friendly and no one judges your score (except Wayne j)

it was my first meet last night too. it can be tough to say hello but @I TiltAlot and @Sam C looked after me! plus had a great chat with @Dunc and @strobey. say hi next time. and the staff know who is who somewhat so that helps :)

Heheh OK I might take the plunge then! Enjoyed a few goes on Party Zone last night, I was doing OK on Medieval Madness too but it said Tilt and went dead even though I hadn't done anything! There was a multiball in progress and a couple of other things happening, so don't know if that vibrated something...

You my friend have good taste in music. Should have guessed from your Sebadoh tribute forum name :-D

I saw Thurston recently with his new band. He's still got the skronk!

You my friend have good taste in music. Should have guessed from your Sebadoh tribute forum name :-D

I saw Thurston recently with his new band. He's still got the skronk!

Heheh thanks! Saw SY a couple of times but haven't caught Thurston solo before, and yes my name is a Sebadoh reference :)

I would just throw in that Medieval Madness had a big delay recognising a ball was in the catapult which meant you could easily miss shots against the clock. Regarding Tilt though, how can you go to Birmingham and not drop in?

I would just throw in that Medieval Madness had a big delay recognising a ball was in the catapult which meant you could easily miss shots against the clock. Regarding Tilt though, how can you go to Birmingham and not drop in?
send phil an email phil@pinball.co.uk - he looks after the machines.

Yes I noticed that too now you mention it. If it still happens next time I'll learn to time it so I can take a sip of coffee/beer! ;)

Thinking of heading to Tilt today after work for a little while, anyone else going? Will some machines be out at NLP?

Last edited:
I was there today, perhaps I saw you! Nice to see Cirqus Voltaire back, is there supposed to be a ball in the backglass, I couldn't see anything there when I was playing the sideshow game!

There is so many machines in there, its funny how your pound coins get attracted by certain machines.
If you found most machines in a random pub, you'd probably have to play it..

I guess we're powerless against the whim of the great magnet.

I wonder if Tilt would like any faults mentioned here or not. I think it makes sense if someone is going to play a specific machine. I reported the Mediaeval Madness one to Pinball Heaven and it is now fixed. Unfortunately that machine is suffering a bit at the moment it seems as:

1. The drawbridge is stuck in the down position,
  2. The right troll doesn't come up,
  3. The castle destruction lasts about a second - come to think of it the portcullis was opening and then closing straight away the other day..
Oh and that left flipper on The Addams Familiy is still not holding. These pinball machine things need a bit of work don't they? That is probably one of the things that makes getting your first one a scary thing... as well as lack of space, money, time...

Back
Top Bottom