What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT Bham

Glad you liked the CV, first time it's been played without getting cursed about it's faults! Had it's gremlins banished is less than a day by Phil.
(hope it is fixed or I will look stupid for blowing that trumpet :tut:)
Oh well, out with the old to make room for the new.
It played great except for one fault. Don't know the game that well but ball would get stuck on left rail by a switch? And guy upstairs had to come and take glass off to get ball off rail.

And there was a GOT Premium there as well which was a fun game.

Last edited:
I was there last weekend and just couldn't figure out the Hobbit. GOT was great though, and a solid lineup of other classics + good beer. I'll be back next time I'm in Birmingham, definitely!

It played great except for one fault. Don't know the game that well but ball would get stuck on left rail by a switch? And guy upstairs had to come and take glass off to get ball off rail.
That is a glitch and not a fault so it does indeed sound fixed. If it was randomly firing all it's balls onto the playfield at the end of a ball or resetting then it still has a fault.
I may have to go visit the old green machine and have a go now that it behaves!

Well, sadly after the ball became stuck on the left rail, it then would fire whatever balls were left in open play or previously locked. I think my scores rocketed at that point. So, it does sound like a fault to me.

Be interested to know what software rev TH is on now. Tempted to go on Sat too if my back feels any better, driving a little uncomfortable.

Sunday the Midlands league meet will be being held there if you didn't know, so if you want to talk to more pinheads might be a good idea to go Sunday instead of Saturday for those of you thinking of making the trip this weekend - I'm likely going Sunday :)

Sunday the Midlands league meet will be being held there if you didn't know, so if you want to talk to more pinheads might be a good idea to go Sunday instead of Saturday for those of you thinking of making the trip this weekend - I'm likely going Sunday :)
Is there a collective noun for a group of pinheads. A herd of cows, a flock of birds, a 'what?' of pinheads ?

I think I'd avoid Sunday then, I'll be going because I want to get a good number of games in on things I haven't played before.

Flange is good. The wife's suggestion was a 'nerd' of pinball players.

both good, but the topic is important enough to merit a new post with a voting option i think. first canvass opinions to get a handful of ideas, then make a poll in a new thread.

If I'm still there in there in the afternoon send me home - if I've been drinking the craft beer just put me in a taxi [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I qualify for that - I wear XL t shirts

'XL'??? Pah, lightweight!!:)

I think you need to be XXL to really rock the look!:thumbs:

Mind you, as I've grown older I have noticed that for some reason clothing manufacturers have all shifted their sizing down so that, whereas an XL always used to do the job, more often than not an XXL is now needed:hmm::tut:;)

That has a different meaning around these parts !

Are you snatching at some sort of double entendre?

Went to Tilt yesterday morning and had a great time with the amazing lineup there. Ghostbusters is great, but sitting next to the hobbit the display looks so dated...

Good to catch up with @windoesnot and @RGV of these parts, and to meet @Jonwolf. I'll be back there soon I have no doubt..

Good to meet with mfresh and associates - you guys were focusing on Ghostbusters and the Hobbit - I'm still stuck in the 90s ;-) I played both GB and the Hobbit later on.

Initial thoughts: GB I don't like - very bright white LEDs that left my retinas burning. Fast game but lacked charm. The Hobbit is more like playing scrabble than playing pinball but I get the feeling there is a lot more to this game... Maybe one that would suit home use ?
I do like the stern Star Trek which was a surprise to me. Simple play but you just need to get those ramps !

If I was to try and sneak one out on the way home it would be monster bash - always fun.

Thanks for the gift Paul - I'll be wearing it over the summer - cheers.

First visit yesterday. Great lineup. Watched the match in the Peaky Blinders pub after. Rough as ****!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attack from Mars there now. Getaway gone, and Full Throttle moved to downstairs. Family Guy downstairs as well now in place of CV.

Enjoy it @windoesnot , I was up there last night.

Heading to Tilt on Tuesday evening with my cousin. Hoping to see my old TAF again, 18months after our amicable separation.

Back
Top Bottom