What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT Bham

did I meet ya. I was there with the other half this morning between 10.40 and 12.00 had a few games. loved the mm. rach was most enamoured with lots.

I bloody love TILT!!! so much so, that I'm currently on my way to turning my local into a pinball polace lol

Dunc

Was at TILT yesterday with my son.

Played AFM for the first time ever - it lives up to its reputation IMHO. Back glass is mirrored? It looks very nice.

Played Hobbit again - it currently has some issues. The 'A' drop target on 'DWARF' is stuck. A lot of lights appear to be out too. EG the lock/mode lights under each ramp. The ball gets stuck between the target and rubber on the left drain. Useful in multi ball cos game continues giving jackpots with only one game in multi all play. What is that target for anyway? It can't be hit in game play.

Played the new Heighway machine. The LCD screen in the centre works for me. Very fast and brutal game. I was crap but enjoyed it a lot.

STNNG continues to have issues - the lock doesn't work reliably and it has the dreaded two balls in play/self launching ball issue.

Ironman continues to be a game that I don't like. One trick pony - maybe I'm missing something but.... Meh.

My lad and I played the 'which one would you take home?' Game. The Hobbit wins for me - I was dying to have a go at fixing it ;-)

Was at TILT yesterday with my son.

Played AFM for the first time ever - it lives up to its reputation IMHO. Back glass is mirrored? It looks very nice.

Played Hobbit again - it currently has some issues. The 'A' drop target on 'DWARF' is stuck. A lot of lights appear to be out too. EG the lock/mode lights under each ramp. The ball gets stuck between the target and rubber on the left drain. Useful in multi ball cos game continues giving jackpots with only one game in multi all play. What is that target for anyway? It can't be hit in game play.

Played the new Heighway machine. The LCD screen in the centre works for me. Very fast and brutal game. I was crap but enjoyed it a lot.

STNNG continues to have issues - the lock doesn't work reliably and it has the dreaded two balls in play/self launching ball issue.

Ironman continues to be a game that I don't like. One trick pony - maybe I'm missing something but.... Meh.

My lad and I played the 'which one would you take home?' Game. The Hobbit wins for me - I was dying to have a go at fixing it ;-)
Always thought AFM > MM

Shame Hobbit has so many issues so soon ???? I'm dying to put some time on one.

Next Monday (26th) is the 3rd Monday Night League meet at Tilt.

Comp starts at 7:30 and we're usually finished in time for people to catch the last train home. For only £3 there's a 2 competitions - A high score comp and a 5 game league style comp. All of the other games are on free play for the duration of the comp.

Great range of machines and beers as usual.

This month Kirk and Richard have kindly donated a keg of beer. All profits from it will be donated to my charity event in October. (Link to details in my signature)

I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than raising money while playing pinball and drinking beer amongst friends? Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Visited Tilt for an hour or so last night!

Overall - impressed. Really nice to see my old TAF working hard making money for someone.

1st game was on AFM (naturally) and put up a respectable 12Billion (GC was 28B). Then had a couple of 2 player games whilst catching up with my cousin which didn't go quite so well, nor were we concentrating particularly hard.

Put £2 in Hobbit (3 credits). Walked away really underwhelmed - even left the last credit on the game. (it gave us at least 2 free credits for some reason) At least 6 balls drained through the flippers straight off the plunged skillshot to the top left drop targets, and no ball saver? I felt a little bit cheated to be honest. The cabinet made an awful crunching sound after each plunge too, possibly the Dragon's head not working or something - sounded like a bad gearbox change! The left sling shot was a tad over sensitive too, firing off for no reason. Looks beautiful, but i have no desire to play it again for a good while. I'm sure it's a great game, but i wasn't impressed.

Wanted to play GOT and GB, but we decided to head off to the Wellington pub instead. I'll save them for next time.

While we were there a chap opened up the coin door on AFM and had a couple of cheeky free games. If that was you then i was sat behind you!

Interesting. So I have had this reported about the 2 credits free on Hobbit but could only put it down to someone not understanding the game and getting replays etc.... so I think there is an issue.

There is a ball save.... unless its been switched off.

Sounds like Hobbit needs a good check before its holiday at NLP :)

Interesting. So I have had this reported about the 2 credits free on Hobbit but could only put it down to someone not understanding the game and getting replays etc.... so I think there is an issue.

There is a ball save.... unless its been switched off.

Sounds like Hobbit needs a good check before its holiday at NLP :)

I definitely didn't get near a replay, unless it's set stupendously low? May be giving credits for best daily scores as i did enter my initials a couple of times. The ball save may be on, but given the time it took the ball to travel all the way up, then all the way back down and straight between the flippers again - it may have expired! It happened so frequently to both of us that we stopped looking for patterns and just wanted to end the game, sadly.

I'm heading up from London this weekend as my wife's out of town, so I'm having a pinball weekend in Birmingham. If anyone wants to meet up at Tilt for some pinball + beers or elsewhere for a few games, I'm up for it! Looking forward to the new Attack From Mars, as well as the usual lineup at Tilt!

Last edited:
Had a great time at Tilt this weekend, and even managed to get NBH on a few high score boards! Had a beer and a few games with Kirk, and the staff were even understanding when I spilled a nearly full beer after an over-zealous tilt on GoT - bless them! A class act all around, looking forward to my next trip up. Thanks guys!

Also can you ask your metal barista/o what the sad clown/ice cream truck music he was playing on Saturday after Neu! was again? I remember they were on Warp but can't remember the name of the band. Haunting stuff!

That's probably all the individual drop targets resetting at the same time. Horrible noise!

Yes probably the clunkiest drops I've ever heard. There is a constant 'THUNK THUNK THUNK' as they are going up and down.

Also league meet tonight for anyone else who is going - see you there! :thumbs:

That's probably all the individual drop targets resetting at the same time. Horrible noise!

Yeah - I was fairly sure it was the drop targets resetting. Surely they aren't supposed to make that sound ? The comment about it sounding like someone crunching the gears on a car is spot on.

Reminds me of my wife's driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom