What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT Bham

strobey

Site Supporter
Alias
Tim
Nothing much to say other than great night stopping off here. Thanks to Tilt and Phil Palmer for making this happen. There's even a JD in the gents....! ;-)

uploadfromtaptalk1461445586891.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461445595145.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461445609826.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461445625245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1461445633660.jpg

Great venue...and lucky as it's just a few miles away from me.

As for Whoa Nellie...as it's set up on the wooden crate it plays so slowly, just can't enjoy this title sadly.

No didn't play whoa nelly, quite a bit on starwars actually. Takes me back to playing it at a French campsite in the mid 90s...

Phil, also on DESW the launch button is intermittent... sometimes takes a good dozen forceful presses to launch ball.

oh thats a nasty fault, i dont think that thing comes apart!

The button is friction fit, you can pull it out by getting a knife blade in-between the button and the handle. I replaced mine a few years back as it was doing the same as described above, if I remember where I got the exact fit button from I will let you know.

Great venue...and lucky as it's just a few miles away from me.

As for Whoa Nellie...as it's set up on the wooden crate it plays so slowly, just can't enjoy this title sadly.

Are there not little leg adjusters built into the bottom of the crate? That's awful if not. How would you level it?

How far is this from Birmingham train station, is there parking outside and is it likely to be rammed full on Saturday with GB and TH there? It's a 3 hour trip for me by train or 2 by car.

It's a couple of minutes walk at most from New Street. No parking outside, lots of parking for shoppers not too far away.

Yep.. easy. Parking in the Bullring shopping center would be a 10 minute walk through the city centre. New Street station probably less than 5 minute walk door-to-door if you use the new enterance.

Incidentally it's £1/cred or £2/3creds. Beer and coffee range is also very good.

Avoid the KFC across the street from Tilt, I hear the ice isn't recommended...... [emoji1]

Very close to station - awesome collection of games and coffee is awesome as well. White chocolate mocha was just the ticket to play Hobbit and GB etc:)

I'm making the great treck northwards on Saturday morning to visit Tilt. Hopefully @windoesnot and @RGV will be there too. If anyone else fancies it I'll see you there. Say hello - I'll be wearing a Pavlov Pinball t shirt as usual. I fancy checking out Hobbit, GB (I want to say GameBoy every time I read that) and hopefully get some Big Juicy Melons action in too.

Great selection of games for sure.

Hobbit. Looks gorgeous and the screen is cutting edge compared to the GB next to it. Yes, it plays a bit floaty but there are plenty of nice shots. It is going to be similar to LOTR as I suspect people are going to have really long games on this. And coded by Keith means it will take a mega long game to complete. It is very different to the Sterns they have so it is a good contrast. I enjoyed playing it but I don't like Keith's epic deep rulesets so not a game for me.

GB was a blast to play although for long term home use not sure if the linear ruleset will get old. Has that one more game feel and played this the most - about 10 games. Yes, balls bounce over the outlanes which is annoying and the right ramp shot is a shocker. Poor design.

Very nice CV downstairs. Put this next to GB and it looks more cutting edge actually. Loved CV and each time I play it, it reminds me I haven't owned one yet! And I saw JPOP on the backglass as hadn't noticed the uncanny likeness.

Best looking game today was Hobbit but GB was my favourite to play.

I'm making the great treck northwards on Saturday morning to visit Tilt. Hopefully @windoesnot and @RGV will be there too. If anyone else fancies it I'll see you there. Say hello - I'll be wearing a Pavlov Pinball t shirt as usual. I fancy checking out Hobbit, GB (I want to say GameBoy every time I read that) and hopefully get some Big Juicy Melons action in too.

@RGV How are you getting there Rog? This line up sounds great so I'll see if I can get there on Saturday am too - probably by train from Crewe.

Hobbit. Looks gorgeous and the screen is cutting edge compared to the GB next to it. Yes, it plays a bit floaty but there are plenty of nice shots. It is going to be similar to LOTR as I suspect people are going to have really long games on this. And coded by Keith means it will take a mega long game to complete. It is very different to the Sterns they have so it is a good contrast. I enjoyed playing it but I don't like Keith's epic deep rulesets so not a game for me.

Is this the only Hobbit in the country so far and is it some sort of pre-release or a genuine v1.0?

Glad you liked the CV, first time it's been played without getting cursed about it's faults! Had it's gremlins banished is less than a day by Phil.
(hope it is fixed or I will look stupid for blowing that trumpet :tut:)
Oh well, out with the old to make room for the new.

yes hobbit is the only one in the uk should be well over version 1 software now there was an update last week i am sure kirk would have installed in by now

Reactions: JT.
I'm going up on Saturday morning. My son and brother coming too. You guys won't have to wait too long if you are behind us, we are all **** at pinball ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom