What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold THEATRE OF MAGIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with what is written ...
I believe that anyone who really wants to buy will find the right way to make our transaction

I have posted ads and here in my country, but the demand in Greece is very small and the prices so far are not worth it

Anyone who seriously is interested , could come here for one two days to see them and we arrange together closely the package and all the details.

The airplane ticket will be 100 € - 200 €. Maximum

If anyone decide to come here, I will remove the price of the ticket from the total price.

As for the condition of each.

The Ridleys has a very small disadvantage at Playfield 1- 2 cm the color has been removed. And Two damaged screws.

The fishtales has also a small disadvantage at Playfield. For Both I will send photos to see.

All 4 Pinball’s work good 100% there are no problems at the switches and the boards, all work rightly.

Attachments

• 55F18230-E718-4137-B42F-D6E3412A57E6.jpeg
    55F18230-E718-4137-B42F-D6E3412A57E6.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 422BC301-A87D-4354-BE14-10C98E645C0E.jpeg
    422BC301-A87D-4354-BE14-10C98E645C0E.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 57
  • ACF14487-1BD4-4B75-8676-48D8A22B916C.jpeg
    ACF14487-1BD4-4B75-8676-48D8A22B916C.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 57
  • A2D77CE2-309D-459B-9ED0-09152F83D37F.jpeg
    A2D77CE2-309D-459B-9ED0-09152F83D37F.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 0951DD52-AB65-43B3-B660-3281218B9002.jpeg
    0951DD52-AB65-43B3-B660-3281218B9002.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 53
  • A207A9AB-AAE7-4700-A511-7236B4736C1B.jpeg
    A207A9AB-AAE7-4700-A511-7236B4736C1B.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 46
There is also possibility for live video call with Viber to see live working of the pinballs

@ababapanos these machines all look stunning, don't be put out by a toxic idiot on the forum. You've provided enough pictures and information to prove that it's a legitimate sale! I wish you the best of luck and wish I could come out to Greece for a small holiday and come back with 4 pins 😂

I know the worth of these machines and if I were in UK I could sell them in a much higher price. But I understand that there are difficulties due to the distance and the trust and I try the best to make the deal.

At least the OP is getting some traffic to his thread I guess :)

On the surface this appears to be just as trustworthy as any other remote purchase.

For what it's worth I bought my TAF from Italy from a private seller. He took a load of photos of the machine, and of various stages of it being packaged up, and being loaded onto the truck, etc. It turned up fine, and I saved at least £1500 on a comparitive spec one from over here.

That being said I'm not sure I'd do it again for several reasons. The main one, really, was that in my limited experience these conversations get to an awkward point where the buyer and seller know that because neither know eachother there is no implicit trust, so the seller wants to make sure they aren't scammed, and likewise the buyer doesn't want to send X thousand and risk the seller disappearing. In my case the seller wasn't interested in using escrow, perhaps because he didn't trust it, nor was he keen on a 50/50 split of payment up front and on delivery, I guess because - like him - I could just vanish once the pin has turned up. In the end I wired all of the money as he requested, and wrote it off in my head in case it ended up being a scam... That was a very uncomfortable moment for me.

Secondly, although the guy packed the pin really well and strapped it down, when it got to me the straps had gone walkabout and were it not for the very considerate UK driver who noticed it was unstrapped when he picked it up, and secured it against the side of his lorry it probably would've toppled over, with whatever damage that would've caused. The driver said it wasn't unusual for straps to go missing between depots. I had pretty much no idea where the pin was after it left Italy too, I just randomly got a call one day to let me know the UK logistics arm had it and when did I want it.

In my case everything panned out well, the pin was as described, it actually turned up and I wasn't out several thousand pounds with nothing to show for it.

I'm not sure I would recommend buying sight unseen for end users without the technical know-how to fix what might get broken in transit. My TAF experience was super stressful from the moment I paid for it up until the point the machine arrived. For people who do international logistics regularly, or for traders or experienced pinheads I imagine its no big deal.

That's not taking away anything from @ababapanos's deal which looks to be a great one. Fingers crossed it works out for someone here.

Get a photo taken of you standing in front of them with a sign saying, I love AndyB53, and we know this is all for real.
What a grown up and adult thing to say "Big Phil" . Clearly the "big" does not relate to your intellect!
I do not believe for a second that I have claimed or even intimated that the machines are fake? Well Have I?
All I have done is point out the huge pitfalls in purchasing from an unknown person and from abroad.
If you care look at the many many comments from dozens of machines that are adveretised in the UK members of this site regularly take the **** and do question the legitimacy, (look it up), of various adverts as have I Just take a look at the comments made by members about the recent "earthshaker" for sale in Birmingham
Indeed at the start of this thread someone asked for the advertiser to take a pic with him holding a paper with his name on it?
So how about you start acting like an adult and contribute to this forum in a sensible way???

At least the OP is getting some traffic to his thread I guess :)

On the surface this appears to be just as trustworthy as any other remote purchase.

For what it's worth I bought my TAF from Italy from a private seller. He took a load of photos of the machine, and of various stages of it being packaged up, and being loaded onto the truck, etc. It turned up fine, and I saved at least £1500 on a comparitive spec one from over here.

That being said I'm not sure I'd do it again for several reasons. The main one, really, was that in my limited experience these conversations get to an awkward point where the buyer and seller know that because neither know eachother there is no implicit trust, so the seller wants to make sure they aren't scammed, and likewise the buyer doesn't want to send X thousand and risk the seller disappearing. In my case the seller wasn't interested in using escrow, perhaps because he didn't trust it, nor was he keen on a 50/50 split of payment up front and on delivery, I guess because - like him - I could just vanish once the pin has turned up. In the end I wired all of the money as he requested, and wrote it off in my head in case it ended up being a scam... That was a very uncomfortable moment for me.

Secondly, although the guy packed the pin really well and strapped it down, when it got to me the straps had gone walkabout and were it not for the very considerate UK driver who noticed it was unstrapped when he picked it up, and secured it against the side of his lorry it probably would've toppled over, with whatever damage that would've caused. The driver said it wasn't unusual for straps to go missing between depots. I had pretty much no idea where the pin was after it left Italy too, I just randomly got a call one day to let me know the UK logistics arm had it and when did I want it.

In my case everything panned out well, the pin was as described, it actually turned up and I wasn't out several thousand pounds with nothing to show for it.

I'm not sure I would recommend buying sight unseen for end users without the technical know-how to fix what might get broken in transit. My TAF experience was super stressful from the moment I paid for it up until the point the machine arrived. For people who do international logistics regularly, or for traders or experienced pinheads I imagine its no big deal.

That's not taking away anything from @ababapanos's deal which looks to be a great one. Fingers crossed it works out for someone here.
My point exactly!

So how about you start acting like an adult and contribute to this forum in a sensible way???

Hahahahahahahahahahaha 🤣 This just shows you know nothing about the UK pinball community and the things that Phil contributes! Since joining you've contributed f*ck all apart from a load of whingy, moany and hostile posts so perhaps you should take your own advice and wind your neck in :thumbs: Maybe Pinside would be a better forum for you, they love that sh*t over there.

Perhaps now everyone can see what dear Andrew Backhouse is really like - for those that thought I was the problem during mine and his spat.

In my 72 yrs on this planet i've met all sorts of people. Some very intelligent and some ignorant. Some clever and some downright stupid. Some rich and some poor. Some unbiased and some extremely biased. Some happy with life and some whinging sods etc etc. I'm sure @AndyB53 is in there somewhere, but i'm begining to understand why he's struggling to buy a pinball off the group.
As my mother told me at an early age "if you can't say anything nice about anyone, then say nothing.
Apologies for hacking the op's thread

Are you coming to UKPinfest? Ask the organiser to introduce us then we'll chat about community contribution and we'll also have a sizing up.
Let me know if he does, he told me him and his friend would love to have a "chat" with me "somewhere very quiet" at Pinfest 😂

This thread needs to be remade. It has been completely trashed. For what it's worth I think wading into a thread and telling people that they would be "crazy" to buy this and "STEER CLEAR" is out of order. Asking for more photos and proof of ownership is fine, but when it comes to doing the deal - we're all adults and can make a judgement call. For some people buying from abroad is scary, for others its routine.

Buying ANY pin from ANYWHERE sight unseen is a risk, at the very least buyer and seller might have a different point of view over what defines "mint" etc. I'd recommend always viewing in person but if that's not possible, and with pins abroad it isn't, you can do as much diligence as you can and then make a judgement call.

EDIT: I said I didn't think it's out of order, I obviously meant it is!

Last edited:
Hi to all.

I'm happy my theater has this demand.

Let me inform you that I am in contact with people who wants to come and take all my machines.

Thank you very much and for the newest I will inform you all

regards
Panagiotis Salesiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom