What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Stop trying to butter them up to get a discount on your next NIB…….

Gents, great video.
Was a little dissapointed in the alcohol consumption though. Still on 1st pint... Spencer probably necked a bottle of JD in that time behind the camera....lol

That was my third actually as you will see from the bloated gut 🍺🍺🍺

I learned a lot from this one. I really should go back and watch the Valhalla video - a table I know nothing about.

Also about time I had another trip to Level.

Massive thanks to @philpalmer for his hospitality and answering all of my dumb ass questions . . . . cheers mate

That was a really interesting conversation to listen to, phil has seen first hand the evolution of pinball over 40 years from varying perspectives, and fair play to gonzo who teased some great titbits out of him .. could of listened to another hr of that

That was awesome, thanks for doing that Kris and Phil. Similar feelings to when you had Chris B on, Phil is such a massive part of the hobby in the UK, to hear such a candid interview was brilliant 👊

“I’ve played this, pin shoots great”
As opposed to the same make and model elsewhere…🙄

But this is a valid comment, you're saying every pin plays the same?

There's so many factors in what makes a game play nice or "shoot great". Not everyone has the time, attention to detail or OCD levels of obsession to fettle or tweak games for hours or weeks.

There's been a few games I thought I hated until I played someone else's which felt like a different game. This isn't just about how level a game is.
So if someone says "plays great" or "shoots well", depending who it is I'd take that as a reccomendation

We regularly get comments on how nice our games play, I don't think people come out with this for no reason.

Massive thanks to @philpalmer for his hospitality and answering all of my dumb ass questions . . . . cheers mate

Well done Gonzo, great video.

Really is good to see and hear Phil. Many of us have been into pinball for a long while now and all of us know Phil and Pinball Heaven but rarely get to hear from the man himself. Haven't had the pleasure of a NIB from Phil yet but when I can sell one of my kids, I will do.

Well done Gonzo, great video.

Really is good to see and hear Phil. Many of us have been into pinball for a long while now and all of us know Phil and Pinball Heaven but rarely get to hear from the man himself. Haven't had the pleasure of a NIB from Phil yet but when I can sell one of my kids, I will do.

Cheers mate, it was fascinating to learn a few of the intricacies of the trade and about CGC too.

Glad you enjoyed it.. . . I certainly enjoyed doing it.

TBL has been nothing but reliable, had no issues with it unlike Stern.,

Can’t wait to get my NIB Elvira…. And spend hours sorting out the issues that have been reported all over Pinside..

yours must be the only TBL without issues Dave! I wouldn’t have thought the early ones came with all the fixed and updated parts that Dutch made you buy.

the one we had in the club was out of order more than it was playable! Shocking build quality we dumped it!

my Elvira had nothing wrong with it 🤷‍♂️

The TBL plays fine, the parts are not because the game doesn’t work, but improvement to make it better.

My TBL was finished off by Barry and his team, not the ARA assembly..

Anyway, this is going to end up being another conversation where the retorts can go on, and on..

The TBL plays fine, the parts are not because the game doesn’t work, but improvement to make it better.

My TBL was finished off by Barry and his team, not the ARA assembly..

Anyway, this is going to end up being another conversation where the retorts can go on, and on..

Thomas game was finished by Barry.

I love how at 20 mins you ask Spencer about the recent releases and he ain’t got a clue what’s just come out apart from scooby 😂😂😂 classic Spencer has he been down a hole for 3 month 🤪🤪🤪

He didn't have a scooby door what I was talking about

I'll get me coat 😬

Enjoyable chat. All the talk about Spencer being happy to put a Halloween in his lounge despite the theme....did you guys forget about Ultraman? The same pin with a different theme?
IMG_0439-scaled.jpg

Roadshow is such a turd of a game. One of the worst pins ever made. Good luck with that, it will be interesting to see where that places on the wall!

Last edited:
Enjoyable chat. All the talk about Spencer being happy to put a Halloween in his lounge despite the theme....did you guys forget about Ultraman? The same pin with a different theme?
View attachment 199503

Roadshow is such a turd of a game. One of the worst pins ever made. Good luck with that, it will be interesting to see where that places on the wall!

Morning mate.

Not done much on Roadshow yet but it's fun which is a great start.

We did know about Ultraman being released but I have to admit that I'm even less familiar with the theme than Halloween

Massive thanks to @Jackpot and @roadshow16 for being such good sports.

Apologies for the hurried nature of the video but we needed to get the recording completed before the chaps catch their helicopter to Germany. 🚁

Best of luck to all the UK based players heading out to Germany.

If you're a non-UK based participant then . . . . 😬

Back
Top Bottom