What's new

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Cheers mate, the Ninja balls certainly have some undulations (as can be seen from the second ball taken from the pack).

I have actually been speaking to Nicolas at Pinsound this morning. He was talking about their research & development and how they had the same findings as the video when under microscope. Having had a brief exchange with him, I'm sure they manufactured the best quality balls possible.

Ninja ball 2 imperfections.jpg

Well that was truly a joy to watch. Thanks for doing that Kris, super insightful and Josh came across incredibly well and just so incredibly enthusiastic about our hobby, loved every second

Well that was truly a joy to watch. Thanks for doing that Kris, super insightful and Josh came across incredibly well and just so incredibly enthusiastic about our hobby, loved every second

I loved it mate, he's a true custodian of the game.

The musings about deep rules were interesting. When top players need the rules explaining then something is wrong. The playfield itself should tell you all you need to know. What chance non pinheads in an on site environment?

I couldn't agree more mate

The musings about deep rules were interesting. When top players need the rules explaining then something is wrong. The playfield itself should tell you all you need to know. What chance non pinheads in an on site environment?

Good job one of the manufacturers hasn't released any games recently with 29+ pages of rules.... Oh wait.

I think the deeper rules are usually optional and often paired with simple objectives clearly highlighted on the playfield and screen.
A:IQ - 6 Avengers in a row on the playfield, clearly linked to 6 different shots, the relevant Avenger insert lights up when enough shots have been made - collect them all and start a mode for which the screen clearly explains what you have to do. During the build up the number of shots needed for each Avenger is clearly displayed on the screen too.
Mix this with - hit Thor, spell Thor, start Thor MB. Light ‘IRON’ - hit tower - progress towards Iron Man MB.
All of this is simple stuff that you can learn quickly, when the deeper rules unlock further events/animations/pinball moments - I see that as a bonus, no requirement to learn every nuance if that’s not your thing, but enjoy the fact that exciting things will happen the deeper you get into the game, even if you’re not sure how you got there - a bit like waking up in someone else’s bed after a night out, you new you were going out for a beer, then you got a bit more involved and then the good stuff happened.
Although playing A:IQ never resulted in me having a Portuguese son I never see 🤷🏼‍♂️ (Happy Birthday Juan)

Great chinwag! Loved it. You've also been mentioned on Knapp Arcade

Thanks so much mate . . . I have three more legends lined up . . . .Yourself, Alan and someone else from over the pond who's done a bit in pinball.

Three legends and Spencer basically.

Back
Top Bottom