What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

What a great episode.

Enjoyed Yuens story a lot!

I really loved Yuens face when Craig mentioned Road Show, no doubt thinking of me🤔😆. Claire lost her mind when Yuen corrected Craig on "David's Diner" and Craig noticing Claire in the diner on the backbox.😁 Even rewinding it as I missed a bit Claire was still loving it.

So many people call it my Diner and it does frustrate Claire, so to hear Yuen fighting the corner was hilarious!

I did bring it to life, strip it, fix it, get it playing... But Claire wanted it and Claire bought it. 😁

Yuens journey and attitude is inspirational and his enthusiasm for competitive pinball is addictive. Both he and his brother @Genotime are great company at every Pinball event I've been to, with the endless encouragement and positivity they present.
I have to echo this David. Yuen was so welcoming to me when I first went to Flip Out / Pinball Republic. He would show me shots that I need to make to get a good score, have two-player games, and introduce me to everyone at shows like PinFest so I am not alone and get to meet you all. He is an amazing ambassador for Pinball

Thank you Tony. I firmly believe that every pinball machine should be put through rigorous 'Twang' testing. Aerosmith undoubtedly has one of the finest twangers I've ever twanged. It was very emotional.
Have go at the premium version when you get to me, has the upper playfield. Aerosmith pins don’t come up that often so was surprised you managed to get one.
Well done Gonzo

Have go at the premium version when you get to me, has the upper playfield. Aerosmith pins don’t come up that often so was surprised you managed to get one.
Well done Gonzo

Thanks Alan mate, looking forward to it.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game and think it will stick around in the collection. I probably played it for 2 hours yesterday once Spencer had left. The game definitely has charisma and I'm enjoying exploring it.

The shots are quite tight but I don't mind that at all because overall it's easy to understand and all the angles are pretty good. Generally I'm not a Borg fan but this game is cool and I appreciate the slightly shallower rules.

Thanks Alan mate, looking forward to it.

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game and think it will stick around in the collection. I probably played it for 2 hours yesterday once Spencer had left. The game definitely has charisma and I'm enjoying exploring it.

The shots are quite tight but I don't mind that at all because overall it's easy to understand and all the angles are pretty good. Generally I'm not a Borg fan but this game is cool and I appreciate the slightly shallower rules.
Gets a lot of love at mine. I’m watching this space to see how long you keep it for lol

Gets a lot of love at mine. I’m watching this space to see how long you keep it for lol

You're not the only one mate . . . seems like I've got myself a bit of a reputation because I had 3 offers within an hour of the video 😂😂

I'll not sell it that's for sure. Maybe if a nice CV, TOTAN, Lebowski or TNA came up for trade I might consider it but there's not much else I fancy in all honesty.

It must be a good game though because I was quite happily watching TV at 11pm last night but decided to open up the cave just to play it again which is a good sign.

Not a Chinwag but a lovely chat with @Happypin and a look at his collection.

Alan is a great host and a lovely fella who speaks bravely and candidly about his very rare form of cancer.

Hope you all enjoy the video and if you fancy donating to the fundraising Just Giving page in aid of Scarcoma UK the link is below.

Thanks Alan . . . you're an inspiration (but Twilight Zone is still pants 😉

Alan is a great host and a lovely fella who speaks bravely and candidly about his very rare form of cancer.

Hope you all enjoy the video and if you fancy donating to the fundraising Just Giving page in aid of Scarcoma UK the link is below.

kris
It was great spending time with you, thanks for listening when I got a bit emotional talking about the journey I’m on.
Enjoy the World Cup.

Not that I don’t enjoy a Chinwag, but these are my favourite videos that you do! Loved seeing that collection and hearing where all of the machines came from etc. Loved the wall art too!

Alan seemed like a really nice guy and loved his enthusiasm!

Alan is simply amazing! The way he deals with Sarcoma is saying a lot. Very inspiring!

Since I’ve opened the club he is the only support that I have. He managed to iron out all the issues and he continues to do so.

I would like to offer a free entry voucher at The Pinball Office for any of you that will send a donation towards Alan’s cause.

Please use the link below:

After you sent the donation please let me know and I will reply with the voucher.

Let’s show some love towards a fellow pinhead.

Thank you,
Chris

Alan is simply amazing! The way he deals with Sarcoma is saying a lot. Very inspiring!

Since I’ve opened the club he is the only support that I have. He managed to iron out all the issues and he continues to do so.

I would like to offer a free entry voucher at The Pinball Office for any of you that will send a donation towards Alan’s cause.

Please use the link below:

After you sent the donation please let me know and I will reply with the voucher.

Let’s show some love towards a fellow pinhead.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris
It’s obvious why I help you at the office, you are simply one of the nicest people I’ve met in life, your generosity and love for pinball is amazing. I will continue to support you no matter what.

Alan.

Thank you
As I’ve said in the chinwag everyone on here has been a help, no matter how small.
Alan, you are an inspiration to us all, I was very moved watching and thought you are so brave to share and show your vulnerability so beautifully.

I can see your love and passion for the hobby and the hours of love you have put into the machines. Loved the tour and thank you for sharing what is a fantastic playroom / Man cave. I hope the dinner went well and I also appreciate this hobby and all the amazing people in it.

| was hooked on GnR at Pinfest so it's good to know where my small contributions went :) . I wish you well for the future and am more than happy to send a donation to your cause.

All the best
Darron

Last edited:
Alan you are an inspiration to us all, I was very moved watching and thought you are so brave to share and show your venerability so beautifully .

I can see your love and passion for the hobby and the hours of love you have put in to the machines. Loved the tour and thank you for sharing what is a fantastic playroom / Man cave. I hope the dinner went well and I also appreciate this hobby and all the amazing people in it.

| was hooked on GnR at Pinfest so its good to know where my small contributions went :). I wish you well for the future and more than happy to send a donation to your cause.

All the best
Darron
Darron
thank you for your kind words it really does make a difference.

A friend of mine lost his life to cancer, his outlook and positive ways definitely gave him more time. I’m following what Ian did, hopefully this will work for me.

last night at Dulwich Sports Club selling food we raised over £500, the croquet members also did a fundraising the night before adding over £550 to the pot, with what’s already donated on the Just giving page we are currently about £2,000.
I’m truly thankful for all the love and support since Gonzo put the video on YouTube, I wasn’t expecting such a wonderful response. Awareness of Sarcoma and money raised for Sarcoma U.K means a lot to me. The Sarcoma team at the Royal Marsden where I’m being treated are simply the best, I’m looking forward to telling them the news when I’m back there next week.

Alan

Cracking vid showing off your Dolly Parton. You have nailed it, the older pins can't be compared to new feature rich pins, but they are addictive and fun in Thier own right :)

👍

Cracking vid showing off your Dolly Parton. You have nailed it, the older pins can't be compared to new feature rich pins, but they are addictive and fun in Thier own right :)

👍

Thanks Ash . . . I'm certainly thinking it's the next stage of pinball discovery for me.

Also @Colywobbles wonderful sign makes it's debut as does my hideous yet marvelous Deadpool Christmas jumper.

That is actually an awesome Jumper and although ive never been a fan of EMs that looked a ton of brutal fun with that one more go appeal i just love. Great vid as usual 👌

Brilliant era of games! I love them just as much as any modern machine!

Just step up and play, no thinking just nudging and flipping your way to happiness

I genuinely played the Zippy review section back at every speed YouTube allows, to work out who’s voice was behind the plushy! Leah thought I was losing the plot 😂

Tim Kitzrow is who I believe was being referenced in regards to the famous callouts, his resume is something else that’s even before his gaming work!
BOOMSHAKALAKA

Tim Kitzrow is who I believe was being referenced in regards to the famous callouts, his resume is something else that’s even before his gaming work!
BOOMSHAKALAKA
Yeah that was me posting that question. I was playing wcs94 the other day, and was like hmmm I’ve heard that voice before, sounds like the male call outs from afm

The latest Chinwag is live folks . . . . lots of stuff discussed on this one including Bond 60th, Scooby Doo, Davey's push for Twipy glory, why a T-Rex can't play tennis and Spencer getting his leg humped by his dog.

The latest Chinwag is live folks . . . . lots of stuff discussed on this one including Bond 60th, Scooby Doo, Davey's push for Twipy glory, why a T-Rex can't play tennis and Spencer getting his leg humped by his dog.

Don't you hate it when you finally get selected for a news story and then you're up against something like a leg humping that will steal all the glory.

Back
Top Bottom