What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

These guys are so professional they'll take you from a tennis playing trex to a leg humping crumpet dog in 1.5 sentences and it will feel like the most natural thing in the world

Thanks so much for the props @Gonzo and @Juggler Spencer you guys are the best!

Just to say, thanks for your Cactus Canyon Remake video 😍

The rules explanation was really helpful for preparing for the Medway Pinball league meet-up yesterday 😍

Controversially, I don't like Cactus Canyon a whole lot 😈 My husband put it well when he said it's a pin that encourages 'noodling' (or 'pootling') around. It doesn't punish you for flinging the ball around in an un-targeted fashion, so it doesn't feel like there are enough consequences to maintain tension/stay interesting - if that makes any sense. The one at Medway Pinball Club (Mike's, I think) compounds this issue (for me anyway) because the yellow rubbers - which I don't know if they're stock - have no bounce whatever, so you can bring the ball to a dead stop even when it's tearing down the playfield.

I can imagine a really good player (of which I'm not one) would find it even more unsatisfying, although I'm open to having my mind changed :)

Just to say, thanks for your Cactus Canyon Remake video 😍

The rules explanation was really helpful for preparing for the Medway Pinball league meet-up yesterday 😍

Controversially, I don't like Cactus Canyon a whole lot 😈 My husband put it well when he said it's a pin that encourages 'noodling' (or 'pootling') around. It doesn't punish you for flinging the ball around in an un-targeted fashion, so it doesn't feel like there are enough consequences to maintain tension/stay interesting - if that makes any sense. The one at Medway Pinball Club (Mike's, I think) compounds this issue (for me anyway) because the yellow rubbers - which I don't know if they're stock - have no bounce whatever, so you can bring the ball to a dead stop even when it's tearing down the playfield.

I can imagine a really good player (of which I'm not one) would find it even more unsatisfying, although I'm open to having my mind changed :)

You're very welcome Vee

Looking like you are getting the hang of the Walking Dead now, near 20mins gameplay.

Have you now started a business buying, hiring, repairing and restoring Pins ?

Last edited:
Looking like you are getting the hang of the Walking Dead now, near 20mins gameplay.

Have you now started a business buying, hiring, repairing and restoring Pins ?

No mate.

It's a directory site for everyone in UK Pinball. It's not finished or even close.

I'll be linking in restorations, a club location Google map, London Pinball, all Pinball repairs, all loan pins, Pinball Heaven, pinfest, competitions....

Basically anyone who wants a page gets one made.

No mate.

It's a directory for everyone. It's not finished or even close.

I'll be linking in restorations, a club location Google map, London Pinball, all Pinball repairs, all loan pins, Pinball Heaven, pinfest, competitions....

Basically anyone who wants a page gets one made.
Awesome mate great idea ! I did notice some links were not working so thought this was a new site you created.

Bookmarked 👍

Massive thanks to @philpalmer for his hospitality and answering all of my dumb ass questions . . . . cheers mate

Gents, great video.
Was a little dissapointed in the alcohol consumption though. Still on 1st pint... Spencer probably necked a bottle of JD in that time behind the camera....lol

Back
Top Bottom