What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Massive thanks to @Jackpot and @roadshow16 for being such good sports.

Apologies for the hurried nature of the video but we needed to get the recording completed before the chaps catch their helicopter to Germany. 🚁

Best of luck to all the UK based players heading out to Germany.

If you're a non-UK based participant then . . . . 😬

Another brilliant one mate! All the best to everyone going to Fulda, sounds like an amazing group of players, I'm sure they'll do well.
@Jackpot we've had a few games together man, and you can take down anyone on your day, Escher should be worried.
@PUP and @roadshow16 good luck in the IFPA, smash it boys 👍

It was a sad watch for me as I now regret no going. Been to Fulda before and it is a great great place. Just bad timing on my side but will certainly watch as much as possible.

Royal Rumble plays very fair Craig and I managed to beat Tobias on that. The Jackbot was also OK and I managed to beat Ed Emil on that. Funny, the ones I class as fair playing were the ones I won. Beat Robbie Sutter on 24, again a fair playing machine but lost to one of the top Europeans on Getaway 2 - dog of a machine :rofl::rofl:

Good luck chaps and definitely bring home the bacon.

Yuen - fingers cross for you agaist Escher - you can do it!!!!!!

I'm hyped for next week, I absolutely love watching pinball streams when there's players and games I know 😄
Especially at events as big as these 👌

I'm so glad it was worth me taking Road Show to the UK open, to influence the original Road show bro on the forum and top UK player to get his game pruced up and put a pin2dmd in means a lot to me 😄 🫂 @roadshow16

@Gonzo of course I enjoyed the Road Show talk, but I was troubled by your obsession of destroying taxi cabs 🚕
Craig might have told you before or didn't manage to on the chinwag, but other than just time out New York you don't have to start it at all.
At most points there's a max of 3 different modes/cities available. At the start of the game it's either New York or Miami. See the city inserts have 3 different colours? The same colours as the 3 pop bumpers and 3 standups up the left side of the playfield.
When you hit the pops or the standups it will change which is your next city/mode, so you can choose your path across the USA.

The issue is NY starts lit, so it's easy to accidently start it. But if you can hit the pops so it settles on Miami you've got a decent first mode. Miami is a switch mode, with the pops adding value to each switch as well as counting as switch hits.

I've got over 300k in one Miami mode before, compared to hitting the bulldozer blade for a few million it's a no brainer 👌

You don't need to hit the pops to start Miami. You just hit the yellow stand-up on the left hand side. Easy

It's either/or, I just think the pops illustrate it easily as they're all together, colour coded and you can see the cities changing fast😄

Yes but it's random and you have no control.

Start game
Soft plunge to right flipper
hit yellow stand-up on left
Star city for Miami

Yes but it's random and you have no control.

Start game
Soft plunge to right flipper
hit yellow stand-up on left
Star city for Miami

That's why you're a better player than me 😄
The times I've tried standups it's been dangerous, whereas the pops don't tend to chuck the ball out badly on mine, they often feed to the right inlane or into the blast zone scoop which is the issue as it might have moved back to NY.

If you can do, all credit to you. I just think that using the pops as a strategy is not a great idea.

But hey, your Mr Roadshow (and Craig of course although he doesn't have the dedicated picture above his name as you do) so I'll give your strat a go when next at Flipout.

One of the greatest games ever made! Now get that bulldozer off my street.

If you can do, all credit to you. I just think that using the pops as a strategy is not a great idea.

But hey, your Mr Roadshow (and Craig of course although he doesn't have the dedicated picture above his name as you do) so I'll give your strat a go when next at Flipout.

One of the greatest games ever made! Now get that bulldozer off my street.

Also bare in mind I rarely ever play road show in a comp or leahue, so I'm not stressing about Miami and points too much so enjoying the journey 😆

I'm hyped for next week, I absolutely love watching pinball streams when there's players and games I know 😄
Especially at events as big as these 👌

I'm so glad it was worth me taking Road Show to the UK open, to influence the original Road show bro on the forum and top UK player to get his game pruced up and put a pin2dmd in means a lot to me 😄 🫂 @roadshow16

@Gonzo of course I enjoyed the Road Show talk, but I was troubled by your obsession of destroying taxi cabs 🚕
Craig might have told you before or didn't manage to on the chinwag, but other than just time out New York you don't have to start it at all.
At most points there's a max of 3 different modes/cities available. At the start of the game it's either New York or Miami. See the city inserts have 3 different colours? The same colours as the 3 pop bumpers and 3 standups up the left side of the playfield.
When you hit the pops or the standups it will change which is your next city/mode, so you can choose your path across the USA.

The issue is NY starts lit, so it's easy to accidently start it. But if you can hit the pops so it settles on Miami you've got a decent first mode. Miami is a switch mode, with the pops adding value to each switch as well as counting as switch hits.

I've got over 300k in one Miami mode before, compared to hitting the bulldozer blade for a few million it's a no brainer 👌

Starting it accidentally is precisely what I'm doing mate

Didn't watch. From the trailer it looked a rehash of characters who had their storyline resolved in season 2. We get enough of that with the Kris and Spencer characters.

😂 Quite right too mate

Didn't watch. From the trailer it looked a rehash of characters who had their storyline resolved in season 2. We get enough of that with the Kris and Spencer characters.

I heard they were thinking of spicing it up in Season 3 with a "Revenge of the brothers" storyline. Only problem was it wasn't believable enough...

@Gonzo For one brief moment I thought you had somehow got an interview with William Shatner!
That one will have ended up in my youtube feed because I watched something else with him in it a couple of days ago. I wonder just how many chinwag podcasts are out there?

Really enjoyed the powder coating video @Gonzo. Had no idea that items are literally "powder coated"! Really interesting to see how it works. Thank you. 😁

(Although I am a little disappointed that you weren't getting your radiator powder coated bright sparkly green to match 😂)

Thank you Claire, I could be persuaded.

I did of course go for the sparkle grey!!!!!

Thanks so much chaps.

I've been hanging onto those balls and taking pictures of them for quite some time.

Think I said to you when you first started asking about balls that I thought Pinsounds were the best, good that you have done the comparison 😎
Spooky’s balls in Halloween were good but I still put them in a tumbler for a week and are looking good as had them all (7) out yesterday as a ball got lost and had to fish it out.

I haven’t bought any for ages now, come out of my tumbler looking like premium shiny balls but not as shiny as those Pinsound ones. They really are crème de la crème balls and think I might have to order some now😂

Good video and glad there were no balls harmed in the making 😣

Great video mate! I always thought Ninja were the best but noticed recent batches were not as good as when they were first launched. Will grab some pinsound balls for sure after watching that, awesome stuff mate!

Back
Top Bottom