What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Funnily enough it's downloading now
Reviewing a game on launch code 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂

To be fair if you hate the music you’ll find it hard to get into the game. If Stern released the best shooter ever but it was based on the Foo Fighters I wouldn’t even bring myself to look at it.

Reviewing a game on launch code 🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂

To be fair if you hate the music you’ll find it hard to get into the game. If Stern released the best shooter ever but it was based on the Foo Fighters I wouldn’t even bring myself to look at it.

It's not just the theme though mate.

I don't like the upper flipper shots or the post popping up for modes and it's also a bit hard for me.

I can't do much more than spend big money on it and play it every day.

^^^^^ This
I just don't understand either
I was trying to wind Neil Armstrong up a while ago after Disco ....... can't even bring myself to say it....
Imagine best shooter ever was Boyzone.
Cab art with Ronan Keating, hands down the front of his croch grabbing his fanny!
I just couldn't go there.

Mate, I just don't enjoy it. I do appreciate I'm in the minority.

Congo and Rush have shots through the pops too and I managed them OK.
With you Kris, I just cannot get on with Maiden, can’t stand the music and don’t find the shots all that fun, those ****ing ramps 😂🤣

When I had my pro, I thought the layout on IMDN was impressive and packed with so many shots. All the shots felt good apart from that center one which dribbles off the ramp, and I hated the L&R ramps which are both quite tight! Also in hindsight I should have reduced flipper power on the upper right flipper, as the loop shot would just cause the ball to scream towards the drain, meaning I avoided shooting it.

Everything else was fine (rules, code, art, sound). Eventually I put the disco mix on it which gave it a second breath of life.

Ultimately I found it to be a great game but too hard to shoot. Definitely a pin for advanced players, not casuals like me :)

That was really good, well done guys. I do subscribe to Cary but find some of his stuff a bit..... CLICK ME FOR CONTROVERSEY. Kind of the nature of Youtube I guess. His tech type stuff where he talks you through how to do stuff is excellent. I used his play field strip down guide recently and it was really clear and well done. Anyway, thought he came across great on here.

That was really good, well done guys. I do subscribe to Cary but find some of his stuff a bit..... CLICK ME FOR CONTROVERSEY. Kind of the nature of Youtube I guess. His tech type stuff where he talks you through how to do stuff is excellent. I used his play field strip down guide recently and it was really clear and well done. Anyway, thought he came across great on here.

Thanks Andy, he is a good laugh and stuck around for a chat afterwards.

Enjoy baywatch mate 👍

It was good fun, got to meet lots of people from overseas Jeff, Mads, Levi, Timber, Bo, the list is endless. Was so good to watch some of the very best play in a way that was just alien to me. Gave me lots to think about. Didn't actually get to play much pinball bit managed a pretty decent Godzilla and AFM. Just couldn't put 5 together on one ticket.
I think all the score keepers were knackered after the weekend, it was funny seeing people doing shift after shift, @Diane B @Genotime Sarah Vince, to name just a few. It was a good laugh and if the UK Open runs again which I really hope it will, I'll be more than happy to do some more scoring. Although I'll try and get a little pinball in this time too 🤣

What a great episode.

Enjoyed Yuens story a lot!

I really loved Yuens face when Craig mentioned Road Show, no doubt thinking of me🤔😆. Claire lost her mind when Yuen corrected Craig on "David's Diner" and Craig noticing Claire in the diner on the backbox.😁 Even rewinding it as I missed a bit Claire was still loving it.

So many people call it my Diner and it does frustrate Claire, so to hear Yuen fighting the corner was hilarious!

I did bring it to life, strip it, fix it, get it playing... But Claire wanted it and Claire bought it. 😁

Yuens journey and attitude is inspirational and his enthusiasm for competitive pinball is addictive. Both he and his brother @Genotime are great company at every Pinball event I've been to, with the endless encouragement and positivity they present.

Nice vid on Aerosmith especially liked

Twang it

And

Emmmmmotiooooon

😀

Thank you Tony. I firmly believe that every pinball machine should be put through rigorous 'Twang' testing. Aerosmith undoubtedly has one of the finest twangers I've ever twanged. It was very emotional.

Back
Top Bottom