What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Excellent podcast again @Gonzo very interesting highlight of my week infact … only thing more exciting for me is Friday post bump day for a Jurassic park premium and potential that one day Il pluck one from the wild to join my line up 😛🤣🥲😂🤣

😂 Very kind of you mate. We're all rooting for you getting that elusive JP 🤞🤞🤞🤞 (that's a fingers crossed emoji and not anything sinister 😂)

Pleasure mate and great speaking to you both as well. Even after the segment @Juggler Spencer gave me a quick call and we managed to fill another hour talking about databases (of all things) until one of his customers perma dialled him and he was forced to get back to work.

We're a bunch of old fish wives honestly.

You're a top man Davey . . . . I don't care what they say about you 😉😂.

I'm only joking.

Maybe catch up next week to talk shop 😉

Thanks again mate.

It’s good I’ve seen it on YouTube but I don’t have the time to watch the show

To be honest mate a lot of these have a lot of images and video in them. This particular episode was heavily based on Davey's refurbs and it was very much a video rather than an audio podcast. There were probably 20-30 images of his work and at least 4 cut-scene videos.

The same with Matt at Flipout. I guess you could listen to it but we're walking around the club inspecting and playing machines. Maybe one day I'll retrospectively upload them as audio but at the moment they are primarily videos.

I do believe that YouTube premium allows for all videos to be listened to as a podcast type thing though.

@Gonzo are you familiar with the minor villains and what they do in Batman '66? because the complexity level between B66 and AIQ isn't that far apart.

Another great episode Kris. Thanks for the shout out 👍🏻. I was really surprised you said it was the 30th episode. It only seems like the other week the 1st one came out.

Last edited:
There are sites you can use to convert YouTube videos into audio mp3 formats if you need to listen on the go

Really enjoyed this week's podcast - @stumblor I'm so glad that Creature found you. It's beautiful 😍

I know @Juggler Spencer is sad to be saying goodbye to his Theatre (and I'm not surprised after 25 years!) I am REALLY excited to welcome her through the new door into the pinball room! 😊 We are planning to have it in the competition, all being well - David is going to be spending the 28th making sure she's all working ready for the big day!

And thank you for the well wishes about the 29th - I'm really excited about it. Not long to go now!

Last edited:
A massive thank you to @stumblor who we kept talking for ages and I still feel there was more to discuss. Thanks mate

Also a handkerchief @Juggler Spencer who will be crying into his bowl of late night Frosties following the removal of his beloved TOM (that's the game not a bloke btw)

Thanks for the mention around 35:00 ! Yes I am officially one off the losers - thanks @stumblor 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I like a nice looking ass - end of a pinball

Nice one guys👍
I love a tidy rear end but never had enough energy to perform the surgery needed, just about enough though to watch an episode of this on a cross trainer😫
Kris can you please cut them down to 40 mins😂

Attachments

• 8D686766-E475-419D-913E-31175405DFD4.jpeg
    8D686766-E475-419D-913E-31175405DFD4.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
I love Davey, nice guy, tolerates my silly questions when I have issues with things. His Afterglow boards changed my life and can't wait to get one into Theatre.

Speaking of which, thanks for the shout out and kind words at the end. I'm only holding the event to get more cheesecake...I don't get it unless it's a pinball event 😔

I love Davey, nice guy, tolerates my silly questions when I have issues with things. His Afterglow boards changed my life and can't wait to get one into Theatre.

Speaking of which, thanks for the shout out and kind words at the end. I'm only holding the event to get more cheesecake...I don't get it unless it's a pinball event 😔
A Pleasure mate. Really hope the event goes well and plenty of cheesecake and pinball is had by all!

Well the latest podcast fell short for one reason and one reason only where the hell where the costumes!? Missed opportunity boys!?View attachment 158161
Postage stamp was a great little nod though, very clever.
I thought the same. Costumes would of been the icing on the cake if Kris opened the front door in full on batman66 costume

Seriously though great episode guys

Latest video had me howling with laughter - well done @Gonzo and @Juggler Spencer!

(And thanks for mentioning at the end that the placemats have a protective cover on them! David shouted 'WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!' and grabbed one of his and was very upset to find he'd missed that they have a film on and aren't actually frosted 😂)

Thanks Claire, now I look like a MORON! 😂 😂 😂

Latest video had me howling with laughter - well done @Gonzo and @Juggler Spencer!

(And thanks for mentioning at the end that the placemats have a protective cover on them! David shouted 'WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!' and grabbed one of his and was very upset to find he'd missed that they have a film on and aren't actually frosted 😂)

😂 I love that

😂 I love that
It's the second time this has happened to me. I was missing a clear piece of plastic for Road Show so found it online. Had it installed for months.

@MajesticPinball came over and I was talking about how it appeared to be bad quality. He straight away took it off and peeled off the film Infront of me...🤣

It's the second time this has happened to me. I was missing a clear piece of plastic for Road Show so found it online. Had it installed for months.

@MajesticPinball came over and I was talking about how it appeared to be bad quality. He straight away took it off and peeled off the film Infront of me...🤣
Nice… 🤣

I liked the shot blast a pinball video! Love it when someone has a weird thought about how things work or something like that and then just dismantles stuff to find out lol

I had a weird dream once that I was playing my Turtles, I started a multiball and cradled one of the balls and noticed it was a Ferrero Rocher, I remember looking at it and thinking, guess its time to change the balls! Think I decided I'd played too much pinball for a few days after that 😆

I thought the stamp skit was some sort of dad joke till I read the Star Wars thread.

Kris - just saw the full video:

You need to get something to mount that board on in the game. I initially used Stick pad style board stickers but they don't work for long so Paul 3D printed me a mount that I use with magnet tape.

Also the pinouts are very important and you can easily blow the Spike 2 CPU board if you aren't careful or the monitor, or worse both.

Take the spike 2 display cable of the game and undo the ground lead (but remember you do need to put that back. It just makes it easier to install.

The cable that came with the board goes into the spike board but one pin along:

IMG_5583.JPG

Then the cable goes to the Geek's board like this and You then put the Spike 2 display connector like this.

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

Then the key thing is a decent quality HDMI cable out the _TOP_ of the game backbox. Don't take it out the bottom as you'll get aload of interference on it (maybe not initially but it'll come).

Cheers,
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom