What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

I'm confused, I thought its nothing to do with Connery or Moore per se - its actually the character Bond.
They sign away rights under Eon Productions Wilson/Broccoli family for the character.
Isn't it their IP?
I'm sure peeps in the industry can chime in.
No one knows who it’s based on except Stern. If it’s just based on the character Bond and a generic Bond character like Jurassic Park was just a generic Dino pin it will save me a fortune as I’ll have zero interest in it.

That would make a KaPow BTTF possible at Xmas as I couldn’t see them release 2 KaPows in 1 year.

Will be surprising if it’s not KaPow as Joe K has the Bond license already I believe.
I'm still pretty sure that KaPow aren't doing BTTF anytime soon. But it amuses me seeing everyone foaming at the mouth. There is something else they might be working on that might make folks think they are doing BTTF.

I was in with them years ago, nothing happened, no interest and got bored... told @James do it but not sure if he's sorted it or not.

really, I thought they'd be banging the doors down on you Phil and you'd have to hire a converted oil tanker to get all these games over :D

The early Bond's I believe EON own all of the rights, including Connery's likeness as Bond, he just gets (well he did when he was alive) 12.5% of any revenue (note not profit!) that it brings in. Not sure if his contract died with him though.

So this is how I'm reading it (please correct me if I'm wrong).

BTTF might be a Kapow game meaning there won't be a pro.

The run of Elvira 40th editions was to test the market ahead of a whopping expensive BTTF pin.

If it's not a Kapow game then it will be Elwin rather than Gomez.

Neil is 'amused' how everyone is excited about the pinball machine, hinting that he knows something secret and that it might not be BTTF at all.

🤔🤔🤔

The run of Elvira 40th editions was to test the market ahead of a whopping expensive BTTF pin.

Neil is 'amused' how everyone is excited about the pinball machine, hinting that he knows something secret and that it might not be BTTF at all.

🤔🤔🤔

That’s about it but apparently elwin may be collaborating with kapow

So does that mean that we've seen the last Elwin Pro then I wonder?
probably not i think they may use BTTF to elevate prices to what they say as the new norm (kapow/elwin/bttf) not a lot to love and for a lot of people whatever it costs you'll find it ....and for that matter the licence wont be cheap thats why it will cost that much more and probably they only trust their golden boy elwin to design it which is again another exciting pull for me ....if an le is £15k it wont matter to me I'm having it its my absolute grail theme second to ghostbusters

🤔🤔🤔

1: if it happens, which in a certain situation it might, it will definitely be a Kapow game. Kapow have an interest in certain BTTF IP.
2: Elvira 40th was nothing to do with testing the market, considering turds like JJP Pirates have gone for $25K, it was a pure easy cash grab.
3: Kapow games could be designed by any designer at Stern, or indeed a guest designer like Elvira above (Nordman). - In my view Stern would be _nuts_ to let Elwin do it, given that mugs on here are ready to spunk £20K on it if even if my 3 year old grandson designs it. So let Theo the Three year old design the game and Elwin work on a other game and double their money.
4: yes I'm amused.

1: if it happens, which in a certain situation it might, it will definitely be a Kapow game. Kapow have an interest in certain BTTF IP.
2: Elvira 40th was nothing to do with testing the market, considering turds like JJP Pirates have gone for $25K, it was a pure easy cash grab.
3: Kapow games could be designed by any designer at Stern, or indeed a guest designer like Elvira above (Nordman). - In my view Stern would be _nuts_ to let Elwin do it, given that mugs on here are ready to spunk £20K on it if my 3 year old grandson designs it. So let Theo the Three year old design the game and Elwin work on a other game and double their money.
what other games has Theo done and whens his next release? :p

So does that mean that we've seen the last Elwin Pro then I wonder?

Of course not. Elwin works for Stern. Kapow partner with Stern for game design and manufacture. (Joe used to be a shareholder in Stern and has a long long relationship with Gary).

Neil.

3: Kapow games could be designed by any designer at Stern, or indeed a guest designer like Elvira above (Nordman). - In my view Stern would be _nuts_ to let Elwin do it, given that mugs on here are ready to spunk £20K on it if even if my 3 year old grandson designs it. So let Theo the Three year old design the game and Elwin work on a other game and double their money.

You dodged #4 😂

Of course not. Elwin works for Stern. Kapow partner with Stern for game design and manufacture. (Joe used to be a shareholder in Stern and has a long long relationship with Gary).

Neil.

Neil, it's not 'of course' for me.

This is all very new to me mate and I'm still learning all about this stuff. That's why I'm asking.

Back
Top Bottom