What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Yep "lol" and I remember you selling your judge dread I nearly bought it has my first pin, but to be honest I never liked it. Not yours the theme. I've still not forgotten you turning down my offer for your STTNG at 3.5k, still it was over my budget 🤭😏😃 I was getting desperate at the time.

How times have changed, no longer bottom end machines in terms of price, beautiful highly modded, museum pieces only for you now! Jokes aside I can see how quickly you become desensitised to the price, once you get up to a certain price bracket and sensibly trade

To be honest mate I wish I did sell you the STTNG for reasons that have nothing to do with price.

I make you spot on about being desensitised to the money. That being said my pinball machines are the valuable items I own and that's fine by me. I know next to nothing about cars and I mostly work from home so it's nice to have a machine to play.

Funny that you should mention Judge Dredd because someone else mentioned that today too.

To be honest mate I wish I did sell you the STTNG for reasons that have nothing to do with price.

I make you spot on about being desensitised to the money. That being said my pinball machines are the valuable items I own and that's fine by me. I know next to nothing about cars and I mostly work from home so it's nice to have a machine to play.

Funny that you should mention Judge Dredd because someone else mentioned that today too.
It was your epic you tube selling video 😃

At the moment There actually a pretty sound investment, you will always get most of the money back if not more, even if you loose some money when you take into account the enjoyment of playing your not really loosing. Just put it down to a couple of dinners at some of the higher end restaurants 🤭

I'm sure the market will drop at some point and we will buying stranger things in 15 years time for £500 and a guns and roses for £1,000 😉

Did you sell it to home leisure direct 🤭 I'm joking by the way

Gonzo clearly had too many NItB and now it's like £10k ah that's nothing 🤭😏 says the guy who's wasted a stupid amount restoring a LOTR
I didn’t restore it, I just over paid for a a piece of crap that should have been outed!
Don’t think Gonzo put much into his so……
Buyer beware!!!
Standard though!

Last edited:
I didn’t restore it, I just over paid for a a piece of crap that should have been outed!
Don’t think Gonzo put much into his so……
Buyer beware!!!
Standard though!

Yeah, all I did was build a path of the dead mod. I was already perfect when I got it. Epic game though and a museum under glass.

It was your epic you tube selling video 😃

At the moment There actually a pretty sound investment, you will always get most of the money back if not more, even if you loose some money when you take into account the enjoyment of playing your not really loosing. Just put it down to a couple of dinners at some of the higher end restaurants 🤭

I'm sure the market will drop at some point and we will buying stranger things in 15 years time for £500 and a guns and roses for £1,000 😉

It’s not exactly a sellers market.
I think the prices will settle down a bit this year and go back to pre pandemic price for used games I think rush will be a poor seller so hopefully in august when the uk receives sterns next title thing s will be back to normal I think if you bought your bought your modern stern at the old price £6500 jp mando or aiq you may only take a small loss
People bang on about the prices on here but before covid there was actually no chance of getting your money back on a nib stern I would say on average £1000_1500 loss on a pro game more on a poor title I could not give away bk3000 pro it went for £4100 in the end with less than 100 plays
You would lose closer to 2k on premium or le games maybe more
One of the reasons prices have also stayed so high is that pinball heaven sells out the new stock before it’s even landed so basically has nothing to put in stock just wait for the next shipment witch never comes I think since the original mando shipment of pro premium and le august last year he has only had a further 3 pro
Before covid pinball heaven would order let’s say 10 gz pro 5 would be to fulfill orders and 5 would go in to stock so people could still buy nib or used ones would probably go for a grand cheaper
A few games have been listed this week that are still for sale Tf le led zep aiq so I think we are seeing a slow in the market

People bang on about the prices on here

Funny that mate, what with this being a website where people buy and sell things in a market that has exploded.

But yeah agreed, I think prices will settle down in the future, it all became a bit desperate for a time but as the pandemic slows and the economy shifts games should be a little easier to acquire and the prices would reflect that you'd hope.

I think the prices will settle down a bit this year and go back to pre pandemic price for used games I think rush will be a poor seller so hopefully in august when the uk receives sterns next title thing s will be back to normal I think if you bought your bought your modern stern at the old price £6500 jp mando or aiq you may only take a small loss
People bang on about the prices on here but before covid there was actually no chance of getting your money back on a nib stern I would say on average £1000_1500 loss on a pro game more on a poor title I could not give away bk3000 pro it went for £4100 in the end with less than 100 plays
You would lose closer to 2k on premium or le games maybe more
One of the reasons prices have also stayed so high is that pinball heaven sells out the new stock before it’s even landed so basically has nothing to put in stock just wait for the next shipment witch never comes I think since the original mando shipment of pro premium and le august last year he has only had a further 3 pro
Before covid pinball heaven would order let’s say 10 gz pro 5 would be to fulfill orders and 5 would go in to stock so people could still buy nib or used ones would probably go for a grand cheaper
A few games have been listed this week that are still for sale Tf le led zep aiq so I think we are seeing a slow in the market
Always respect Chris’s opinion with a view for demand and prices with him being in the business and knowing what demand ph have … I think people only have so much money and previous two years they couldn’t spend it, this year holidays are back outdoor activities are back people are starting to spend their money in different places hence pinball prices will cool slightly I think

Production is scheduled for May & August, DP will be old news by then especially if Bond drops and BTTF is in fact with Stern.
Kaneda is quoting elwin and bttf again got to be something in it … in the meantime il keep saving my penny’s for bttf ….. she will be mine oh yes she will sccccchhhhhwwwiiinngggg!

Kaneda is quoting elwin and bttf again got to be something in it … in the meantime il keep saving my penny’s for bttf ….. she will be mine oh yes she will sccccchhhhhwwwiiinngggg!
Kaneda gets his info leaked via a middle man direct from Stern. If stern do have the BTTF license I can’t see it coming this year, Stern won’t drop 2 Kapow games in a single year.

They still need to be able to release their 3 annual cornerstones to stay on track.

Rush (Borg), Venom (Eddy), KaPow Bond (Gomez) Foo Fighters (Jack) if things are too be believed pushing Elwin back to Xmas reveal 2023 release?

Could see Stern reveal BTTF at Xmas and blow JJP Toy Story buzz out the water!

Yeah I'm not sure about LCD stuff dropping with NIB prices so high. Maybe 90's games? Maybe not it's so hard to tell
They will take my gz pro could probably sell in now for more than I paid for it only due to everyone wants one it’s flavour of the month
In 8 months time if Phil has them back in stock and there is 2 new great titles out by stern definitely not I will loose money

@J85M what’s your best guess matey on the Bond prices you think?
SLE:
LE:
Premium:
15k for an LE is bouncing around pm’s on Pinside. No idea about U.K. prices Phil & Chris likely have an idea.

I heard Elvira 40th was Stern testing the market for future releases, maybe it was to text the market for Bond/BTTF SLE’s, would make sense.

I love Bond as a theme but how on earth you tackle it I don't know. Do you go classic? Focus on multiple baddies? Go the modern Daniel Craig route?

I think going classic is the only choice... You should pick up enough assets cheaper that way also.

I'm 99% sure Bond is a cornerstone release.
That would make a KaPow BTTF possible at Xmas as I couldn’t see them release 2 KaPows in 1 year.

Will be surprising if it’s not KaPow as Joe K has the Bond license already I believe.

I think going classic is the only choice... You should pick up enough assets cheaper that way also.
All depends how much money those that own the rights and estates to Connery want. He was notoriously difficult to work with and very money driven, his son might be the same.

Sounds like everyone's forgotten about Spooky.
Are they shipping Halloween/Ultraman yet? Any rumours what they may be doing next?

Sounds like everyone's forgotten about Spooky.
Are they shipping Halloween/Ultraman yet? Any rumours what they may be doing next?
John Wick was thrown around a lot before Halloween/Ultraman revealed. But I think they should stick to their horror routes cheaper licensing and the games rough round the edges feel/look works well with horror genre.

All depends how much money those that own the rights and estates to Connery want. He was notoriously difficult to work with and very money driven, his son might be the same.
I'm confused, I thought its nothing to do with Connery or Moore per se - its actually the character Bond.
They sign away rights under Eon Productions Wilson/Broccoli family for the character.
Isn't it their IP?
I'm sure peeps in the industry can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom