What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Thursdays 18:30-23:00
Weekends usually 12-6 but always check the website before travelling as we are a volunteer org occasionally we have a tough time staffing every weekend.
Thanks, I'm from SW London, but now live in northern Ireland unfortunately I discovered flip out just after I moved, although I don't think it was open that long beforehand

that's the problem - now most people who might have wanted TBL have played it and with what other games are available its a no brainer to get something else with the risk of DP going under again.
Funny you should say this neil as lots of people saying it would be great to see the metamorphic at pinfest and flip out and that might convince them to buy one I agree with you people would play it for free with no intention of buying one

Of course they are struggling Dave, that's why the still owe dozens of people games. When is their next game coming out ? :D

that's the problem - now most people who might have wanted TBL have played it and with what other games are available its a no brainer to get something else with the risk of DP going under again.
I’m not getting drawn into this again.. you still need to “eat your hat” from the last conversation over I would never see my TBL and I was stupid to buy another..

It is now a put your name down and pay when game is ready to ship, so risk is now is only disappointment if you don’t get one

I’m not getting drawn into this again.. you still need to “eat your hat” from the last conversation over I would never see my TBL and I was stupid to buy another..

It is now a put your name down and pay when game is ready to ship, so risk is now is only disappointment if you don’t get one
There business model is a total embarrassment bordering on illegal the persons who actually pre ordered and paid in full allowed dp to go into business if it wasn’t for them dp had zero money to start it so there would have been no dp
Forward on years and they still have no games and new purchases take president is shocking that’s basically trading insolvent which is illegal as you can’t make any more games without new money
But on the other hand dp could have just given up and there would have been no winners lots of money lost and no pins

Oh it’s far from ideal.. I agree, but I don’t think DP will screw the remaining EA’s out of games..

I remember paying for a Hobbit and waiting 4yrs for it..

I have met both dp guys good people naive when it come s to business along with homepin and Andy highway
Gary stern not so nice a ruthless but **** me he knows how to run a business

I'm with you 100%. I nearly bought a Hot Wheels back along and still want a TNA. I just want good pinball. That means everything, build quality, shootability (new word?) and decent customer care. I was referring to WOZ btw with the world under glass comment. Which it definitely is but I do not like it at all, style over pinball substance. Obviously this is my very subjective opinion, others mileage may vary etc etc. I don't mean to come across too STERN ARMY but between, Maiden, J-park, Deadpool etc they have more elite games than the others combined.

Mate, you don't come across as Stern army at all, I know full well that you have a broad range of interests and you have discussed many other machines.

I know what you mean about the WOZ. I think it's a stunning game and I've only played it once which is not enough. I didn't play well either and the ball seemed to spend a lot of time in the pops.

Dave and I'm happy for you that I was wrong but you were lucky and you didn't need to buy another game. But I'm sure the other folks still waiting aren't so sure.

I did eat my hat actually in some respects I noted in one of the podcasts that I was on that they'd partially turned it aril d and was happy to be wrong , but I now see you are having to buy parts for it that should have been under warranty?

Here is what DP are facing, they don't have cash-flow to commit to significant amount of parts:

1: Part shippers are prioritising big orders because they need cash to order raw materials who are doing the same
2: Timber and electronic component prices are 3 times what they were a year ago.
3: Shipping costs have almost doubled.

so either a price rise or a lot less AE's will be flying out.

Someone like Stern who have always had a large working capital are struggling with parts right now so it must be tough for the smaller guys.

In one of my businesses we placed orders for 2023 at the end of 2021.

Those placing orders should thinking of it as a bet on the horses, and only bet if you can afford to lose the money.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonlighting on Radio 5 Live now @Gonzo ?

Gutted you didnt give your Pinballinfo details as your content... :D. Congrats on the win... but we all know Leeds are the bigger club... by a long way!! ALAW... MOT

😂😂😂 I didn't expect anyone on here to be listening. Thanks though mate, I was chuffed.

I did manage to sneak my Elvira onto Sky Sports News during an interview.

Yes; VAT at 20% will be liable on this. If the distributor knows what he is doing it won't get held up but the courier will charge you the VAT before it hits the port.

Neil.

See that's the dealbreaker. £10.5k sounds okay but if it's getting up to 13k then it's just a bit much.

Trust is a massive issue though. At least if I buy from Phil I know I'm getting it and my money is safe, there's zero risk.

Sending thousands out to Dutch Pinball would make me nervous largely because it's just sending money overseas with not guarantee.

Sorry, I’m half pished ….. seen DP.
Lol…. but checked anyway —- Deadpool is still 10k 🤦‍♂️ I’m perhaps after one NIB if Brooke Bond is Daniel Craig lol….

Gonzo clearly had too many NItB and now it's like £10k ah that's nothing 🤭😏 says the guy who's wasted a stupid amount restoring a LOTR

It's mental isn't it.

The fact is that I have enough money for one more pin and it will be Godzilla. I don't want it to sound like 10k is nothing 😂

Just a pity JJP can’t make more titles. Let’s face it we all need Stern and boy can they crank them out. GnR LE will defo sell out of their allocated 5k units. Anybody know where they are at the mo.. 3k le’s ?

It's mental isn't it.

The fact is that I have enough money for one more pin and it will be Godzilla. I don't want it to sound like 10k is nothing 😂
Yep "lol" and I remember you selling your judge dread I nearly bought it has my first pin, but to be honest I never liked it. Not yours the theme. I've still not forgotten you turning down my offer for your STTNG at 3.5k, still it was over my budget 🤭😏😃 I was getting desperate at the time.

How times have changed, no longer bottom end machines in terms of price, beautiful highly modded, museum pieces only for you now! Jokes aside I can see how quickly you become desensitised to the price, once you get up to a certain price bracket and sensibly trade

Just a pity JJP can’t make more titles. Let’s face it we all need Stern and boy can they crank them out. GnR LE will defo sell out of their allocated 5k units. Anybody know where they are at the mo.. 3k le’s ?
Lets hope they both crank out the spares too,thats what worrries me what with node boards already becoming a problem to get for Stern and JJ are in no rush to send out my parts for gnr

Lets hope they both crank out the spares too,thats what worrries me what with node boards already becoming a problem to get for Stern and JJ are in no rush to send out my parts for gnr
You having issues with the gnr that's a shame ☹️

Nothing stopping play but annoying on an expensive item like this and my first NIB .All recognised faults. But still enjoying it which is the main thing.
Well that's good, I'm sure pinball heaven will get it sorted via JJ

Dave and I'm happy for you that I was wrong but you were lucky and you didn't need to buy another game. But I'm sure the other folks still waiting aren't so sure.

I did eat my hat actually in some respects I noted in one of the podcasts that I was on that they'd partially turned it aril d and was happy to be wrong , but I now see you are having to buy parts for it that should have been under warranty?

Here is what DP are facing, they don't have cash-flow to commit to significant amount of parts:

1: Part shippers are prioritising big orders because they need cash to order raw materials who are doing the same
2: Timber and electronic component prices are 3 times what they were a year ago.
3: Shipping costs have almost doubled.

so either a price rise or a lot less AE's will be flying out.

Someone like Stern who have always had a large working capital are struggling with parts right now so it must be tough for the smaller guys.

In one of my businesses we placed orders for 2023 at the end of 2021.

Those placing orders should thinking of it as a bet on the horses, and only bet if you can afford to lose the money.

Neil.

The parts are ordered are not because the game is broken, it is because they have improved the design on later games.
Should these be under warranty if not broken.. game still functions fine, but the upgrade brings it up to improved design standard.

That’s like saying Stern should give everyone games pre insider connect, a free kit to upgrade It!?

I would compare this to upgraded target brackets like on Ghostbusters- which Stern don’t provide, or any other after market mod to improve the game.

I actually got:
Spare plastic set
Another rug (as mine started to frey on the edge)
Spare Dude Car
Spare rug decal for bash toy
Flasher LED board - mine wasn’t broken, wired wrong in DP factory.

DP does send out parts to fix games without charge if It goes wrong.

Barry is also sending me some spare switches as looks like some might be sticking.

and my TBL was delivered 9th October 2019C8C6AABC-4365-4BC6-AC3B-DD3BD6AA942D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom