What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Not had any major issues with my TBL.

The game is epic! The code is good, and still being worked on. Not Stern deep but Bally Williams of old, which is what I like.

DP have got their act together- but are being hit by parts shortages like everyone else.

They are making games (22 shipped out last week). It is however the EAs that pre ordered that are suffering. People that have paid .. 175 ish in total.. 72 have their games..

DP currently aren’t doing well with the ratio of new games ordered to already paid EA games. Something which is definitely not right.

The game is epic! The code is good, and still being worked on. Not Stern deep but Bally Williams of old, which is what I like.

DP have got their act together- but are being hit by parts shortages like everyone else.

They are making games (22 shipped out last week). It is however the EAs that pre ordered that are suffering. People that have paid .. 175 ish in total.. 72 have their games..

DP currently aren’t doing well with the ratio of new games ordered to already paid EA games. Something which is definitely not right.
Thanks Dave, very good to know. Is it at flip out? I'm in London mid Feb so was aiming to try and pay it a visit

My TBL is not the one at Flip Out.
Mine is in my games room.

C0A31709-80FF-4F94-9797-A6BC85ACE030.jpeg
Being one of the batch of games first manufactured by ARA, the game uses PROC and the motherboard is a now out of date/ manufacture AsRock QT-1900 motherboard

But DP have backwards compatible stuff lined up when all the boards etc have been used.

I’m actually about to order the TBL upgrade kit- better targets and repositioned motor for the upper playfield.. these improvements are on newly made games.

Ah That's what it's called, I played it for 30 or 40 minutes at the arcade show for the trade before it was launched or just after and personally hated it. This is the thing about pinball one man's pleasure is another's pain. Alien I played at hld for 30 or so minutes when I purchased an arcade machine from them, along with the iron maiden and starr wars which had come out at the time. We where there for a couple of hours but would give it another go Loved iron maiden, hated star wars, thought alien was well done just not my cup of tea. 😃
Yeah I get it, if I had based my opinion on those games after that length of time then I would have probably ended up with a similar conclusion to you. I've owned Full Throttle, played the Heighway Alien a lot at my mates (probably 200 games) and also owned a Star Wars Pro. You always appreciate something a lot more of you spend decent time with it. They all have lots of merit in my opinion

Ah That's what it's called, I played it for 30 or 40 minutes at the arcade show for the trade before it was launched or just after and personally hated it. This is the thing about pinball one man's pleasure is another's pain. Alien I played at hld for 30 or so minutes when I purchased an arcade machine from them, along with the iron maiden and starr wars which had come out at the time. We where there for a couple of hours but would give it another go Loved iron maiden, hated star wars, thought alien was well done just not my cup of tea. 😃
I only played a few games of Alien a Flipout, it was ok but I think it would be amazing in your own place in a darkened room late at night.
Some games are just better at home.

Well Stern end up being the only show in town because of their productivity and you're certainly right about them being fantastic shooting games. The reliability of Sterns is still hit and miss for me though. The problems people had with Maiden, the subway welding on AIQ, the demidog thingy on Stranger Things all seem to point to their production being slightly too rushed. That being said, their aftercare to rectify the faults seems to be a lot better than JJP.

Jersey Jack did himself no favours in the way he puffed his chest out and belittled peoples concerns with the playfield issues on G&R. It's a fantastic game though and far more than just a world under glass with a light show. I loved the multiballs and the shots and found it one of the best pinball machines I've ever played. Collecting the band members, hitting the loop shot and in particular the ball locks are incredible.

That being said I've never owned one or had to deal with customer service but I've not seen too many for sale second hand. I know three people who have them and they are very impressed.

If you listened to some of the things on the forums you'd never even try a G&R or consider a Lebowski. No point trying to play an Alien because that's probably sh1t too and from the sounds of it little point getting a P3 over because that will flop.

Sterns are my favourite games and all that I own but I seriously want to diversify a bit. The Stern evangelists are already giving it the full Billy Graham on Pinside telling everyone how crap Toy Story will be but it's too partisan for my liking.

I'll keep an open mind on Alien, Lebowski, Toy Story, P3 and everything else. I'm actually bloody excited to play any machine really mate.
I have to agree with g&r being a fantastic game but did because of the cash involved think of selling early on before i got into it and the new code really perked it up, because I have had problems with mine, some sorted some not and currently have no spotlight movement and no magnet all waiting for parts but it is still my go to game,even with things not working its better than most games i have played and the flipper mechs etc have a lot better feel and are more controlable than stern and It is just a challenge to work out the best way to tackle it .Also four video modes to play on screen(Do Stern do that).Which patches to collect to achieve your goal which need not be points . Once you have got over the fact you have to stick some rubbers under the posts etc its a blast and i love it and no playfield damage after the washers went on ,acceptable dimpling tho. 900 games in and glad i bought it.

Must admit.. my G&RLE. is sitting with around 150 games on it.. not played it much.. letting the playfield cure 😂..

JJP left me with sour taste after the G&R quality failures and Jack blaming people for playing their games for the posts!??

Doubt I will buy another JJP after G&R..
their disclaimer now covers insert ghosting, playfield wear, artwork anomalies..

It was 12,500 euro's, you have to email them directly at sales@dutchpinball.com however you run the risk of a) never seeing it, b) seeing it in 5 years. I understand some of the issues with the manufacturing of the machine and other problems with the partners, I believe these have been ironed out, however the trust issue is still present. There is a distributor in Europe at www.rs-pinball.at, you would need someone who speaks Austrian/German. I would want to physically see the box in person before parting with my money. If you have 12,500 to gamble then thats a different matter, it does sell for higher so I nice return.

I would love one, I think they did an amazing job, I just wish that the company behind it had been open and honest about the challenges that trying to manufacture a mahine of this type is, rather than taking loads of peoples money and hiding.

and lying also!

Moonlighting on Radio 5 Live now @Gonzo ?

Gutted you didnt give your Pinballinfo details as your content... :D. Congrats on the win... but we all know Leeds are the bigger club... by a long way!! ALAW... MOT

Two weeks ago I was told it was a 6 month waiting list. There is also someone on the forum getting one delivered within the next two weeks so I guess they're getting there in terms of distribution.

My biggest question is the customs charge because I don't want it to be held up in a port and receive a letter demanding a couple of grand for import duty.

Yes; VAT at 20% will be liable on this. If the distributor knows what he is doing it won't get held up but the courier will charge you the VAT before it hits the port.

Neil.

that's the problem - now most people who might have wanted TBL have played it and with what other games are available its a no brainer to get something else with the risk of DP going under again.

the flipper mechs etc have a lot better feel and are more controlable than stern

things I thought I'd never hear. JJP are pretty much world renowned for having the worst flippers in the industry.

Thanks Dave, very good to know. Is it at flip out? I'm in London mid Feb so was aiming to try and pay it a visit
No its Thomas's at flip out - not sure how long its staying but I'd expect it to still be there.

Hmm, if trusted forum members are starting to bite and they are honouring the delivery I might be tempted. I think one of the partners was pretty ill and no longer involved. I'm all for new manufacture's being a success, the quaility of the design they deserve some credit, unlike highway pinball with that turd of a game with the F1 car/theme. It's a shame all of the people who lost money beting on a start up. Perhaps we might reap the benfit, although that leaves an uncomfortable taste in my mouth.

Do you have to pay in full upfront? Credit card would be the only option as at least you might be able to get it back if it dispeared.

Assume you will and party if you don't. From parts I've ordered in Europe its been a bit hit and miss, sometimes I don't pay anything other times I have.

Can I just say warning will Robinson! If you want one of these go and get it and have it in a van before paying. As Dave notes whilst it was great to see DP see some people put right they seem to be struggling again, with increased costs on parts, less interest in the game and they still owe hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of games for folks.

No its Thomas's at flip out - not sure how long its staying but I'd expect it to still be there.
Thanks, what times are you open? I know Thursday, sorry being a bit lazy I'm sure I could look it up on the website 🤭

Can I just say warning will Robinson! If you want one of these go and get it and have it in a van before paying. As Dave notes whilst it was great to see DP see some people put right they seem to be struggling again, with increased costs on parts, less interest in the game and they still owe hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of games for folks.
DP aren’t struggling @Neil McRae - they are waiting on parts. Demand is still very strong for TBL.

Thanks for the heads-up, maybe two years time 😏 that's too risky for me, I always thought I would need to see it physical y before parting with my money 😏

DP aren’t struggling @Neil McRae - they are waiting on parts. Demand is still very strong for TBL.
Hmm, this boils down to the reputational damage at the start, I want one but can't loose the money, this is kinda a mute point "lol" as can't afford it to next year any way.

things I thought I'd never hear. JJP are pretty much world renowned for having the worst flippers in the industry.
I have Pin monk fans on them and Superband rubber but then so does Maiden.I think they perform more like bally williams flippers

Thanks, what times are you open? I know Thursday, sorry being a bit lazy I'm sure I could look it up on the website 🤭

Thursdays 18:30-23:00
Weekends usually 12-6 but always check the website before travelling as we are a volunteer org occasionally we have a tough time staffing every weekend.

Hmm, this boils down to the reputational damage at the start, I want one but can't loose the money, this is kinda a mute point "lol" as can't afford it to next year any way.

this is why at £10K a pop its maybe better to play these higher risk / expensive games in a location and get a game that's lower risk.

this is why at £10K a pop its maybe better to play these higher risk / expensive games in a location and get a game that's lower risk.
Unfortunately that's not possible for me, I'm now living in northern Ireland, there are none that I know of in the wild, except an acdc in a student bar in Belfast. Well it was there prior to covid but I doubt many bars have survived, we have been in a never-ending lockdown here.

that's the problem - now most people who might have wanted TBL have played it and with what other games are available its a no brainer to get something else with the risk of DP going under again.
The shipping via a proper company is getting harder and harder to the eu now the shipping company last week refused to ship a pin to someone who didn’t have a vat no ie you could only ship to another vat registered company not to a private customer

Back
Top Bottom