What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to sell so much on eBay but it’s just endless ballache with “buyers” now, and I keep setting time aside to list stuff but then not bothering because I can’t bring myself to put up with the associated hassle.

Used to be about 1 in 50 sales where some kind of problem or non-payment flared up. Genuinely more like 1 in 5 now. It’s astonishing how much it’s deteriorated.

Reactions: DRD
Craig - if you get let down on payment for that World Challenge Soccer, you’ll definitely get that money on here. I’m certainly very interested and very, very nearly put in £1800 as my top bid - but it had jumped above that level before I got chance.

Sold one game on eBay which went super smoothly but would never again too many time wasters these days :(

In my view i still dont know why people bother with Ebay. At least on FB marketplace you can tell someone "first come first served" and it's down to the first to rock up at the door with the reddies...

In my view i still dont know why people bother with Ebay. At least on FB marketplace you can tell someone "first come first served" and it's down to the first to rock up at the door with the reddies...

When people can get 3k for a Hook on eBay I know exactly why people use eBay.

Also it's just as bad with the seller's getting their mates to shill bid.

Well what a mess. No contact yet from the WCS winner. Game Show was great though, she has paid me already and delivering to Cheltenham tomorrow. I won't be using eBay in a hurry again that's for sure!

Screenshot_20221127-193200_Facebook.jpg

Marketplace is just pure pain. Even giving things away is a nightmare. An endless succession of people click “Is this still available?” and that’s the first and last you hear from them.

We had a ladder on there for free, and despite 13 people expressing interest and saying they were going to come and collect … it went to the 14th person. A dining table hung around for two weeks despite people getting in touch “very interested” within 3 minutes of it being listed.

Someone turned up to collect their free baby gate (RRP £75) two days after it had gone, which was three days after they said they’d come for it and just stopped communicating. They turned up unannounced at about 9.30pm as well which was just profoundly weird.

In the past 10 years all of it has completely gone down the toilet. People have no idea how much they’re messing people around, or simply don’t care.

Marketplace is just pure pain. Even giving things away is a nightmare. An endless succession of people click “Is this still available?” and that’s the first and last you hear from them.

We had a ladder on there for free, and despite 13 people expressing interest and saying they were going to come and collect … it went to the 14th person. A dining table hung around for two weeks despite people getting in touch “very interested” within 3 minutes of it being listed.

Someone turned up to collect their free baby gate (RRP £75) two days after it had gone, which was three days after they said they’d come for it and just stopped communicating. They turned up unannounced at about 9.30pm as well which was just profoundly weird.

In the past 10 years all of it has completely gone down the toilet. People have no idea how much they’re messing people around, or simply don’t care.
DON'T EVER LIST ANYTHING FOR FREE. Unless you enjoy dealing with the dregs of society.

DON'T EVER LIST ANYTHING FOR FREE. Unless you enjoy dealing with the dregs of society.
Used to do it a lot with little fuss - once listed a ton of stuff after a clearout of the shed on a sunny day, left the side gate open, sat out the back with a cooler full of beer and it all went over the course of a few hours. Gloriously productive lazy day.

Now people go from being the most interested and inquisitive they’ve ever been about anything to completely unarsed within the space of 10 minutes.

After a fair few horrorshows I’ve said I’ll try a car boot sale once with stuff and then things get binned.

I listed a really nice wardrobe for sale on FB marketplace for £75 for a quick sale. Had nothing but idiots trying to get it for £40 or arranging to collect and then never turning up.

I re-listed it for £200 and someone drive halfway across the country to collect it the next day.

Don't undersell.

When people can get 3k for a Hook on eBay I know exactly why people use eBay.

Also it's just as bad with the seller's getting their mates to shill bid.
Agreed - which is awesome when it goes well.. however not so much when you get the above :D

I assume this is the Hook that went for £3k:

Looks like the buyer "pulled out" :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever played Hook, is it really that bad? Had a quick look at Pinside reviews and it gets quite a lot of love, especially with the 5.1 ROM upgrade?

I assume this is the Hook that went for £3k:

Looks like the buyer "pulled out" :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever played Hook, is it really that bad? Had a quick look at Pinside reviews and it gets quite a lot of love, especially with the 5.1 ROM upgrade?
Is a good looking fun game but that damn parrot did my nut in! Lol

Hey, Hook on eBay (Warrington) is my friends but I’m selling for him, I’ve had 2 messages on eBay with people mentioning pinball info, so hit me up on here if you want a viewing or my mobile number. I welcome viewing as I’ll show whoever the ridiculousness of the d(“knead in north London called Lester Whifen ( lestandbeth) is his eBay user name, I know he’s not on here as he’s never owned a pin before!
If he bids on anyones ebay pin I’d cancel the bid personally.
Looking forward to someone viewing or collecting as I’ll show you the messages from him

Looking forward to someone viewing or collecting as I’ll show you the messages from him
Sounds ominous... it wasn't his kids, cat or aliens logged into his account bidding on his behalf I hope. There's a bit of that about.

Sounds ominous... it wasn't his kids, cat or aliens logged into his account bidding on his behalf I hope. There's a bit of that about.
I’ve had kids bidding before but only once lucky! It was a few years ago when I was selling a drone :-(
Just trying to shift my m8’s pin for bugger all personal financial gain :-(

Pinball info should be your first recourse to sell but some machines ie most gottlieb most em , themed games that punch above their weight (star wars , harley Davidson, dr who etc) are often met with tumbleweed so eBay and FB are the problematic options

Hey, Hook on eBay (Warrington) is my friends but I’m selling for him, I’ve had 2 messages on eBay with people mentioning pinball info, so hit me up on here if you want a viewing or my mobile number. I welcome viewing as I’ll show whoever the ridiculousness of the d(“knead in north London called Lester Whifen ( lestandbeth) is his eBay user name, I know he’s not on here as he’s never owned a pin before!
If he bids on anyones ebay pin I’d cancel the bid personally.
hi that was me mate, regencysecurity
some videos and more pics would be great please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom