What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working in Minehead for the next 8 weeks so can take a look at any of these machines if it helps out. I am also traveling home (to Middleton-on-Sea) every 2 weeks so could also bring one back with me to get it a bit closer to you, maybe.
Thanks Matt for the offer, I'm not after purchasing a machine at the moment its just Minehead is quite close to me to visit which I do from time to time, would hate to think they are selling the collection off.

makes my **** boil
Agreed. All adverts like that do I convince people they're sitting on a goldmine.

"So, how did you come up with the price for your ************* pinball then?"
"Oh, I saw a bloke asking ££££ for his so I figure mine's worth about the same...."

Grrrrr.....

Sensible price of 670 for the night moves

Sensible price of 670 for the night moves

Dare I say it, achieved prices seem to be gaining some sense??

I have thought for a few months that prices are a bit random, showing much higher volatility than was the case a few years back.

IMHO Night Moves is a fun game. It has a fan base but it is a very niche product. Cocktail format is highly unusual. Post EM Gottliebs never seem as popular/ easy to sell as Bally/ Williams/ DE/ Stern.

Every listing you see for a Night Moves says how rare they are- but one still seems to get sold every couple of years and rare does not automatically equal valuable in pinball.

If that had been in the Midlands, I would have bid a bit more for it but I reckon there is a very narrow buyer pool for titles like this and I don't recall one of these ever going for more than low Bally/ Williams SS money.

I have thought for a few months that prices are a bit random, showing much higher volatility than was the case a few years back.

IMHO Night Moves is a fun game. It has a fan base but it is a very niche product. Cocktail format is highly unusual. Post EM Gottliebs never seem as popular/ easy to sell as Bally/ Williams/ DE/ Stern.

Every listing you see for a Night Moves says how rare they are- but one still seems to get sold every couple of years and rare does not automatically equal valuable in pinball.

If that had been in the Midlands, I would have bid a bit more for it but I reckon there is a very narrow buyer pool for titles like this and I don't recall one of these ever going for more than low Bally/ Williams SS money.
Super fun game , and an interesting piece to have in a collection. Visitors love mine , they are also easier to move with no setup to take to parties 😃You are right though , niche market , still means though that people after them can be prepared to pay …. about 18 months ago I had a French collector offering very strong money for mine. I may have sold tbh but the Brexit bull**** got in the way as it scuppered his transport arrangements.

Regarding that one , sold as non working but could well be something as simple as a tweak of the voltage pot and it will boot 😀

Sold my non working Night Moves recently for 600, only one bid placed on Ebay. Small money for a good pin

In the right room, a great party piece when you have a few pals over and far less "intimidating" than a row of regular machines

Project Big Guns on the bay attracting zero interest at 800 quid or offers.

Welsh coast location might limit buyers. Also photos including digital multi meter and soldering iron suggest that it might have a problem that has defeated the current knowledgeable owner ...

Rusty solenoids?

Flintstones on ebay £2.5k. this is the seller who agreed to sell it for £2k, but when I put him in touch with a serious buyer he jacked his price to £4k.

Flintstones on ebay £2.5k. this is the seller who agreed to sell it for £2k, but when I put him in touch with a serious buyer he jacked his price to £4k.
Seems he’s had a shot of reality again

Project Big Guns on the bay attracting zero interest at 800 quid or offers.

Welsh coast location might limit buyers. Also photos including digital multi meter and soldering iron suggest that it might have a problem that has defeated the current knowledgeable owner ...

Rusty solenoids?

Saw that - not sure why theres no love for this (though its not my cup of tea - at £800 I would posibbly have considered it anyway if I had space :) )

it’s not the prettiest of games, the location, and a failed attempt at main board repair are 3 reasons why i’m out!!

Too tall
Exported 2 to Germany last year with display issues as very hard sell here. Very close to parting them out

it’s not the prettiest of games, the location, and a failed attempt at main board repair are 3 reasons why i’m out!!
If it was half that price I might be tempted, you just know that board needs replacing if you can get one.
Its an hour and a half from me which is good😂

Too tall
Exported 2 to Germany last year with display issues as very hard sell here. Very close to parting them out
I used a full sheet of plasterboard for the height of my room so nearly 2.4m, plenty of room here.
Ive seen people cutting there ceilings just to get Halloween in with the topper🤯😂

Post EM Gottliebs never seem as popular/ easy to sell as Bally/ Williams/ DE/ Stern.
:rolleyes: Not again... you and your generalising. Just sold five, some without advertising and others within minutes of listing. Everything sells if the condition and price is right. You need to get over your troublesome Gottlieb sale David. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom