What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have sent a question and had no reply. As there are no keys, so no pictures of what is in the backbox and the condition of the boards or under playfield, the mildew should be a concern, can see this going for well over 2k

Have sent a question and had no reply. As there are no keys, so no pictures of what is in the backbox and the condition of the boards or under playfield, the mildew should be a concern, can see this going for over 2k
Madness if it does. Here's the link to the auction BTW. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403433456971

"was working but has been stood in garage for 2 years" - yeah and on the deck of the Titanic for 10 years prior to that!
White-damp-mould-spores.... yummy!

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 09.58.07.jpg

The seller has sold over 1000 items and has an 88% satisfaction/feedback rating. That's awful.

It's already getting a bit pricey for even a project, anything and everything could be wrong with that.

I'd avoid this at all costs.

The seller has sold over 1000 items and has an 88% satisfaction/feedback rating. That's awful.

It's already getting a bit pricey for even a project, anything and everything could be wrong with that.

Looking at the feedback clearly a "I know what stuff is worth" trader as it looks like various auctions he never completed as it went for less money than they hoped.
And yeah it looks ropey, saveable but a complete strip resto and who knows what it's like under the hood. Worth having if it went cheap but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Think the rating is only for the last year. So if you had a good rating then sold nothing for a year then upset 1 punter out of 5...

Think the rating is only for the last year. So if you had a good rating then sold nothing for a year then upset 1 punter out of 5...

You're correct about the rating being refreshed annually. Unfortunately this particular seller has a history of the same complaint with a few different buyers.

Given the state of the machine and the less than impressive selling history it looks like a massive risk.

I've asked if they've even tried to turn it on and what happens but no response as yet.
Not being able to do the resto myself its way too much of a risk as the costs could go crazy depending on what you find.

The other JD on Ebay (£5999) is being sold by 'Delboyrob' which is an immediate red flag 😂😂😂

Mould everywhere, dodgy looking photos, and seemly lack of communication from the seller is definitely no go scenario.

There was that rusty TFTC a few months back on eBay that I think went for close to £2k

If this doesn’t end early, based on current prices on eBay, I still think someone is going to bid and pay £2k+😬

Mould everywhere, dodgy looking photos, and seemly lack of communication from the seller is definitely no go scenario.

There was that rusty TFTC a few months back on eBay that I think went for close to £2k

If this doesn’t end early, based on current prices on eBay, I still think someone is going to bid and pay £2k+😬
Me imagining someone who buys this.

A Diamond plate Fun House!!, I heard these existed! Wonder how many were produced? And how many left?

I've asked if they've even tried to turn it on and what happens but no response as yet.
Not being able to do the resto myself its way too much of a risk as the costs could go crazy depending on what you find.

The other JD on Ebay (£5999) is being sold by 'Delboyrob' which is an immediate red flag 😂😂😂
Have you seen the JD on marketplace for £3500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom