What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have some advice about the Shrek on eBay? I am not sure if it's a legitimate sale. The seller has zero feedback and sent me a picture of his contact details to carry on conversation which bring suspicion. On the other hand, the description is very good and allows for a viewing. I also seem to remember that someone sell pinballs from Wood Green in London.

Cheers :)
Out of interest have you played a Shrek? I love those mid-2000s Stern's (Check my little blurb below the message!) but even I find Shrek to be average. Also £4,800 is a lot for a Shrek, that's very good condition Spiderman money!

Can I have some advice about the Shrek on eBay? I am not sure if it's a legitimate sale. The seller has zero feedback and sent me a picture of his contact details to carry on conversation which bring suspicion. On the other hand, the description is very good and allows for a viewing. I also seem to remember that someone sell pinballs from Wood Green in London.

Cheers :)
Knew I'd seen those photos before - https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/stern-shrek-now-reduced-£5200.51352/

@AlanJ

Paragons are pretty simple beasts, replacement boards are available. Should be an easy fix for one of the brothers on here.

I think the gameplay is exceptional for this era. My wife has no interest in pinball but she will have the odd game of Paragon.

Look at the the playfield pic of that Paragon then look at the power outlet on the right, strange.

Look at the the playfield pic of that Paragon then look at the power outlet on the right, strange.

Good spot, going back and looking again all 3 are different pictures if you look at the surrounding cabs and backdrop. The third one even has a warning sticker that A broken (playfield) glass will cost you $25 to go with the none standard (for the UK) power socket.

The paragon is odd, also same seller selling a JD topper - pic shows it on a machine??

it could well be that the seller just grabbed some stock photos, but why??? One of the pics is off the coinopking website

If its a scam, make an offer, wait for the accept and "please pay by some unrecoverable means".

Another eBay scammer, different shots of 2 machines, says not working but clearly is, other pinball powered by US power lead and no response to messages - BEWARE, reported to eBay

Attachments

• 1E36DC80-D900-4E7D-B622-2D1D6726F03E.png
    1E36DC80-D900-4E7D-B622-2D1D6726F03E.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 15
Another eBay scammer, different shots of 2 machines, says not working but clearly is, other pinball powered by US power lead and no response to messages - BEWARE, reported to eBay
What is it with pinball and scammers. Do crooks think pinheads are particularly gullible…

I notice they've used a new tactic sell a smaller pinball related item in this case a judge dread topper.

It’s a strange one as theres still live listings for the genuine sellers items( women’s clothes)

Beware of this Fish Tales on Facebook. After lots of communication and videos - the machine doesn't have any background music, just SFX. I asked for close up pics of the batteries and wouldn't provide.
Also has an issue with a trough switch not detecting balls.
Guy kept saying it works perfectly and I reckon there's more wrong with it.
Good condition game, just a shame the seller isn't willing to get the sound issue looked into and was trying to convince me it worked perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-214528_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-214528_Facebook.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220220-214535_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-214535_Facebook.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 71
Beware of this Fish Tales on Facebook. After lots of communication and videos - the machine doesn't have any background music, just SFX. I asked for close up pics of the batteries and wouldn't provide.
Also has an issue with a trough switch not detecting balls.
Guy kept saying it works perfectly and I reckon there's more wrong with it.
Good condition game, just a shame the seller isn't willing to get the sound issue looked into and was trying to convince me it worked perfectly.
Yeah don't touch it with a barge pole

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-19-22-10-21-464_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-19-22-10-21-464_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom