What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
we all have these nostalgic BW memories from the 90’s pins with their amazing toys that largely could be re-themed to any game - Brian Eddy and Gomez did it with MM, AFM and MB.

name a creature based toy that isn't a bash toy, doesn't suck but does something with the ball.
Is THING classed as a creature? He picked up the ball and surely 30 years later the technology for the child to pick it up using the force (magnet) is there :D

pinballinfo folks:

we don’t like all this theme bs let’s have an original theme / BKSOR - nah we want themes

LZ launched - man there is **** all on the playfield it looks **** I don’t get it.
Mando launched - man there is too much ****ing stuff on the playfield I don’t get it.

Mando has a doll in a trance + the AC/DC lower playfield you all love :) except its an upper tilting version ........ lol

Last edited:
I love SW and The Mandalorian series but I don't seem to get excited by these new pins even if I like the theme. Last time I got excited was JP and that's mainly because of the theme, but the layout and art seems nice. (Still haven't played one though).

Mando and other modern Sterns don't seem that exciting, maybe it's what someone said earlier about the themes meaning nothing and you could change the theme easily. JJP GNR and Rick and Morty maybe at least look like they have done something different. But i haven't played either and I'm still stuck in the 90s of pinball 😂

name a creature based toy that isn't a bash toy, doesn't suck but does something with the ball.

T Rex on DE JP? He eats and swallow the ball😁

pinballinfo folks:

we don’t like all this theme bs let’s have an original theme / BKSOR - nah we want themes

LZ launched - man there is **** all on the playfield it looks **** I don’t get it.
Mando launched - man there is too much ****ing stuff on the playfield I don’t get it.
Don’t forget the **** code that is almost definitely going to be moaned at neil but 80% of the moaner s will never buy one anyway

Hmmmmm. Finally watched the reveal videos over a spot of breakfast. I'm a little bit non-plussed I think. It looks good but not really anything exciting? Dunno can't put my finger on it. I'd definitely go Pro if it was me, that tilty mini play field looks a bit crap. Dwight on code is always a concern too. Need to play it as ever.

Is THING classed as a creature? He picked up the ball and surely 30 years later the technology for the child to pick it up using the force (magnet) is there :D
Effectively a magnet on a stick, no real animation and the whole game stops whilst it happens.l and usually the hand goes in and out like it’s doing the hokey cokey.

JM glove about as reliable as a labour MP.

So you all say grogu should move and be animated - I would love it if he was but it’s never been done before - and stuff that has been animated is done in a way thats **** or is flakey (read the JP2 thread on pinside on how flakey TREX is) and it’s been done so few times despite the fact in everyone’s head every BW game ever made has the best toys ever devised - it simply isn’t the case. TREX is probably the best example but it’s not great and it’s just the head of the creature and made by the same mechanical guys making this game.

Rudy, Red and Ted were animated and worked pretty well so can be done. Sticking a figure in there that does nothing is a waste of space.
Will put some coins in one for sure😁

I don’t think it would have been hard for Stern to use Grougu. Something like Thing. Like a wireform that goes up to open hand with magnet, hand catches magnet and arm lifts ball to hole in mouth and Grougu “eats the ball” wireform coming out back of head though back panel or ball falls into subway and kicks out somewhere else.

Lack of any interaction between Grougu the ball is poor on sterns part..

Last edited:

Yeah, but apart from...

The Black Knight, The Trex in JP, Snake in Metallica, THING, JM Glove, Rudy, Red and Ted,

What have the Roman's ever done for us, eh?

Back to this thread - this pin gets the thumbs up from me, particularly the Pro which IMO also has the best art.

What does that hanging target physically do? does it just hang and swing or does it latch up to clear the way for the ball?

I don’t think it would have been hard for Stern to use Grougu. Something like Thing. Like a wireform that goes up to open hand with magnet, hand catches magnet and arm lifts ball to hole in mouth and Grougu “eats the ball” wireform coming out back of head though back panel or ball falls into subway and kicks out somewhere else.

Lack of any interaction between Grougu the ball is poor on sterns part..
Just have an open wireform run in front of him, magnet in the hand, stick the figure on a motor so it can turn and drop the ball into the egg jar from the show, drop 3 balls in there and multiball starts releasing them from the bottom??

Or just have grogu catch the ball off the ramp and pulse the magnet so it throws it back at the flippers, although everyone would moan about dimpling then.

Loads of possibilities that could have been done using already developed mechs, without reinventing the wheel. Ah well what’s done is done.

This is the way

despite the fact in everyone’s head every BW game ever made has the best toys ever devised - it simply isn’t the case.

using :)
{

I'm sending you one of these @Neil McRae .
I feel your current one is too broad and because of that, your arguments are falling over like dominos.

1620805890322.png

}

Attachments

• 1620805644719.png
    1620805644719.png
    22 KB · Views: 10
When it comes to Stern, they can do no wrong in Neil's eyes. Cut Neil in half and you'll find Stern stamped in there.

Rudy, Red and Ted were animated and worked pretty well so can be done. Sticking a figure in there that does nothing is a waste of space.
Will put some coins in one for sure😁
I was just thinking of this, a well tuned Rudy adds huge amount of character to FH, a surprisingly wide range of facial expressions bring him to life.

Yeah, but apart from...

The Black Knight, The Trex in JP, Snake in Metallica, THING, JM Glove, Rudy, Red and Ted,

What have the Roman's ever done for us, eh?

Back to this thread - this pin gets the thumbs up from me, particularly the Pro which IMO also has the best art.
The Shadow disappearing ball is a cool mechanism.

Just have an open wireform run in front of him, magnet in the hand, stick the figure on a motor so it can turn and drop the ball into the egg jar from the show, drop 3 balls in there and multiball starts releasing them from the bottom??

Or just have grogu catch the ball off the ramp and pulse the magnet so it throws it back at the flippers, although everyone would moan about dimpling then.
Now there's a really good idea! Gary give this man a job!

I think there is a hell of a lot on the PRO - not sure about plastic ramps, are they really cheaper than wireforms?

All Stern games take a while for the code to get right. Every machine is shipped with prototype code. In 2021 they cant put out 10 machines on location and see how they go.

Should be a great selling game.

Hear Keith Ellwin has big plans for Godzilla. Time for another 'the new stern' thread......

Back
Top Bottom