What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I agree Craig, but all that bling on GNR doesn't stop it from being a boring game!

I'll take gameplay over everything. If the gameplay sucks the game is dead to me.

Neil has said he finds it boring, other seem to be finding more in the game if you don’t just aim for highest score.
As long as folks are buying NIB, then these machines are entering our environment and other can buy them later.

As for BW theme integrations. How about the moving Creature hologram on CFTBL or is that not integrated with the game enough?
Or Bigfoot pushing the logs to change where the ball goes in WH2O?
What is clear for me is that the 90’s games had to make money on site so had gimmicks to attract any audiences, not just seasoned players.
I would have expected that the operated games would want to avoid pointless gimmicks but they usually have a opportunity to be turned off if it stops the game playing and therefore doesn’t lose money.

Modern games expect a lot more dedicated playing so require deeper rule sets. But I would have hoped for better toy integration for something you hope someone will drop a lot of money for based on videos and picture. Maybe it was planned but could not be delivered or the bean counters got in the way.

Stern LEs are sold out before they are even shown to the buyers, why would stern even bother putting more than ten minutes work into any mechs.

From what it sounds like the LEs bring a load of premium and pro sales iiiiiiiiwith them to the distributers so as far as stern are concerned that’s a result as they have guaranteed X amount of sales, if it’s good there are a few more sales. Its no longer about the quality of the machine as a piece of entertainment it’s about having the latest ‘must have’ just to have it.

bit like there guys that buy bottles of wine/brandy for stupid money not to drink it but to have it, then sell it on once it’s not the ‘must have’ any more, usually for a few quid more granted. It’s more about the chase than the actually having it, once it’s got it no more fun..

Wait, Guns N Roses is crap now? I can't keep up

It’s just a wood chopping yawn fest. After one game you don’t want to play another - it’s not terrible just not great either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Think I might just buy Elwin NIB pins from now on. See what Godzilla is like and choose between that and Avengers. I've had the other two and they're both genius.

Also I swear when you listen to Dwight explaining his code you can tell it's not always been thought through properly. Still, Mandalorian may well be an absolute belter, plenty of pins look a bit flat initially and turn out to be great, Stranger Things, Guardians etc

Stern LEs are sold out before they are even shown to the buyers, why would stern even bother putting more than ten minutes work into any mechs.

From what it sounds like the LEs bring a load of premium and pro sales iiiiiiiiwith them to the distributers so as far as stern are concerned that’s a result as they have guaranteed X amount of sales, if it’s good there are a few more sales. Its no longer about the quality of the machine as a piece of entertainment it’s about having the latest ‘must have’ just to have it.

bit like there guys that buy bottles of wine/brandy for stupid money not to drink it but to have it, then sell it on once it’s not the ‘must have’ any more, usually for a few quid more granted. It’s more about the chase than the actually having it, once it’s got it no more fun..

STERN DOES TURDS TO CON UNSUSPECTING LE BUYERS...

NEXT GAME LE BUYERS DON'T BUY TURD.

with the exception of a couple of games - Stern have been pumping out epic games...

Really can't wait for this one... Its a win for me and it'll be my second LE if an extra comes up and I'm lucky 🙃

Code actually sounds good and from what I seen on the stream it seems extremely thought out and cool

Its a brilliant time for pinball multiple releases a year and tbh only Munsters (turd) TMNT (code) and Stranger Things (missed opportunity) have missed the mark for me

Stranger Things is an extremely fun and. great machine now the code has development but I personally feel it could have been so much more with the upside down etc

Really can't wait for this one... Its a win for me and it'll be my second LE if an extra comes up and I'm lucky 🙃

Code actually sounds good and from what I seen on the stream it seems extremely thought out and cool

Its a brilliant time for pinball multiple releases a year and tbh only Munsters (turd) TMNT (code) and Stranger Things (missed opportunity) have missed the mark for me

Stranger Things is an extremely fun and. great machine now the code has development but I personally feel it could have been so much more with the upside down etc
With Kirk on stranger things code. It really has changed the game for me to something I really enjoyed playing.
Turtles code has also got better recently but I’m not a fan of that game now. I enjoyed my first couple of games then went right off it.
I think Elwin’s Godzilla will be epic.
But as per every game. I look forward to playing it.
I can tell first ball if I like a table.

maybe you moaning asshats 😂 will get what you wanted after all (although I don’t believe it)

(stalker^Wmoderator no negative intent and I’ve used a smiley again).

9617AC70-605D-4CC1-B2C3-F4BC7A4BBA0E.jpeg

With Kirk on stranger things code. It really has changed the game for me to something I really enjoyed playing.
Turtles code has also got better recently but I’m not a fan of that game now. I enjoyed my first couple of games then went right off it.
I think Elwin’s Godzilla will be epic.
But as per every game. I look forward to playing it.
I can tell first ball if I like a table.
I’m with you on turtles - its the most effort game to play and here isn’t a huge amount to do on it. I plaued mine a lot this week to decide if I chop it or now and whilst I like the shots and the layout the code is a bit lacking.

The paragraph above states all 3 models have motorised playfield with 2 flippers. Pro doesn't have that so it's fair to say the rest of the info probably isn't that accurate either.
Yup that was my first alarm bell to ring…

I’m wondering where the waste of space is? It doesn’t sit on the playfield. As far as I can tell it has the left orbit, a ramp and magnet underneath it.
You are in a minority there mate, it would have been nice if it did something. Jesus even some flashing lights built in is better than nothing.
Just plonking an off the shelf doll to fill some space is lazy and cheap especially as it does nothing, did I say it does nothing?
Apart from that it looks great😂

In my simple opinion it’s too big and too integral to the show to just be sat there on the playfield taking up that much space, doing nothing.

I hope the longer gap in the reveal is because baby Yoda that does something has been delayed in manufacturing and it’s all been a wind up, that would be really funny.

Baby Yoda gave me some inspiration, a space that needed filling. Blends in nicely😎

Attachments

• 802A765B-5AB8-42CF-AA25-F463B294ADA9.jpeg
    802A765B-5AB8-42CF-AA25-F463B294ADA9.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 80
  • CD47FAE8-F4A5-404C-8964-B3730290E248.jpeg
    CD47FAE8-F4A5-404C-8964-B3730290E248.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 76
Stern info being accurate ? How about when Stern advertise pins with the wrong Decals - like they did with BM66 Premium? Oh what a surprise I got when there was no Bat Woman on the head unit 🤦‍♂️
6F86D2E2-C22A-49E5-8CAC-AE2FB91887F3.png

It says that all versions have two flippers. That's good, if its true.

@Neil McRae kindly let me into Domino last weekend so that I could finally try GNR. I found it quite dull.
Then I had a go on Led Zepellin, a game which I had zero interest in and which looks pretty boring, and was instantly taken with it. Not as good as Red and Ted, mind, but good none the less.

Back
Top Bottom