What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yeah, but apart from...

The Black Knight, The Trex in JP, Snake in Metallica, THING, JM Glove, Rudy, Red and Ted,

What have the Roman's ever done for us, eh?

Back to this thread - this pin gets the thumbs up from me, particularly the Pro which IMO also has the best art.

all of which suck and most of them are not animated!

I was just thinking of this, a well tuned Rudy adds huge amount of character to FH, a surprisingly wide range of facial expressions bring him to life.

are you joking? Rudy (and red and ted) are terrible! But it would be amusing to see someone ohotoshop grogu’s ears onto Rudy LOL

using :)
{

I'm sending you one of these @Neil McRae .
I feel your current one is too broad and because of that, your arguments are falling over like dominos.

}
Just have an open wireform run in front of him, magnet in the hand, stick the figure on a motor so it can turn and drop the ball into the egg jar from the show, drop 3 balls in there and multiball starts releasing them from the bottom??

Or just have grogu catch the ball off the ramp and pulse the magnet so it throws it back at the flippers, although everyone would moan about dimpling then.

first you have struggled to name something even remotely 1: good and 2: animated. Your historical notions If a toy like this simply don’t exist.

on the second point. When in the mandalorian does grogu put balls in a jar?!

In one episode he makes a ball move.

the magnet that is there is more like what he does which is to influence things from a distance…

if you want something cool - use grogu to wave his hand for ball save or extra ball. maybe have some co-ordinated magnets across the playfield for him to influence the ball and get him to move his arm a little - that could have been done - But him picking up the ball just like the crap TREX which is a gimmick that soon wears thin.

im happy he’s on the playfield I’m less worried he’s animated because I think any animation would have sucked.

d63d633bcd7e9ab8b8b807e0754e3a83.jpg
So this is where stern got him from.... not bad for £15 a pop [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most likely yes.

They have used off the shelf figures from Haesbro in Family Guy and The Simpsons Pinball Party.

You have to look at some of Stern's own modeling jobs to know this is the way to go - Herman Munster, Avengers glove, Zeppelin on LZ.

Certainly cheaper to buy these direct maybe $10-15 each than have an outside company make a custom mould etc.

Most likely yes.

They have used off the shelf figures from Haesbro in Family Guy and The Simpsons Pinball Party.

You have to look at some of Stern's own modeling jobs to know this is the way to go - Herman Munster, Avengers glove, Zeppelin on LZ.

Certainly cheaper to buy these direct maybe $10-15 each than have an outside company make a custom mould etc.

Yeah there have been some Piotr efforts recently. It’s not this one from Asda there using but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out there somewhere [emoji16][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im happy he’s on the playfield I’m less worried he’s animated because I think any animation would have sucked.

Stern should have asked Disney to help with the animatronics, they've been doing it for years!

I just think the fact that Grogu has a thing about grabbing the silver ball in the show was a gimme for Stern to make Grogu do something with the ball based in the game.

Stern should have asked Disney to help with the animatronics, they've been doing it for years!

I just think the fact that Grogu has a thing about grabbing the silver ball in the show was a gimme for Stern to make Grogu do something with the ball based in the game.
he does, he activates the magnet!

I don't think having him hold the ball would have been too hard. If big Frank can hold two balls in Segas classic pin Frankenstein then I'm sure a jedi type person can do it 😁

I don't care about the bash toy animations as such. The T rex is really cool but still be cool if the head was open on the ramp and the ball always went into it.
I'm more bothered about the thought behind the toys. The raptor pit is a good example. Just a ball lock but they used the theme to design it.

Another simple one is the katana on Deadpool. It is just a ramp, but again the theme is well used.
As why I go back to my point about JJP. Drum stick ramps and the boat on Pirates are fantastic use of theme.

I think it just makes all the difference.

Even Alice Cooper really sells the theme and that's just a plastic castle.

There's no denying the game does look nice. All art packs are gorgeous and the playfield is good. I particularly like the 5 roll overs top left for a change.

It's going to sell. Sterns always do(apart from LZ) so why add more expensive parts? Write Stern on a dog turd and someone will buy it. Same with a lot companies. That Supreme b*ll*cks. And then there is the golden goose that is Star Wars. Again, dog turd and name, I'll buy it!

You have to remember - most Stern 'toys' are made up of a motor and a coil - actually most toys on any pinball. Not 3 or 4 servo motors needed to animate a puppet with very basic moves.

Perhaps a Stern Ferbie pinball machine is the illusive 'next but one' game....?

I am just also wondering how long the wiring loom will last on the mini playfield on the premium and LE.

Last edited:
Ok here is where I stand I have bought a pro and a premium maybe le if Phil has any left
On the pro looks packed I suspect will ship with incomplete code but will normally be up to speed in 6 months most pro are solid straight out of the box it’s an awesome theam and looks amazing so what other pinball company can bring you this level of pin for around £6500
Would that be spooky erm no entry level around £8500 ? And r and m loads of issues
Would that be jjp erm no entry level gnr £7500 ? Missing lots of stuff over le and now no longer in production
Would it be pinball brother s alien erm no £7500 entry level tons of issues and will you actually get it
Maybe raza entry level £7500 you got to be joking
So the pro is a winner all day long
So on to the premium and le is it worth the extra no it’s not
Yes it looks great but the magnet doesn’t bring any to the game really and the upper playfield with most of the stern great inventions never work properly I really hope this one does also looks very trick to master more of a luck thing
I own avengers pro and premium and I get just as much fun from the pro as I do from the premium in fact the pro plays better than the premium much better flow

I really like Dwight code on sw and got I like the fact you can play different houses and characters in the games with added bonus for different stuff never got my head around the 40 time multiplyer in sw even though Kirk has told me what to do on several occasions it’s just a bonus to me if it’s high when I get the shot

I don't think having him hold the ball would have been too hard. If big Frank can hold two balls in Segas classic pin Frankenstein then I'm sure a jedi type person can do it 😁

I don't care about the bash toy animations as such. The T rex is really cool but still be cool if the head was open on the ramp and the ball always went into it.
I'm more bothered about the thought behind the toys. The raptor pit is a good example. Just a ball lock but they used the theme to design it.

Another simple one is the katana on Deadpool. It is just a ramp, but again the theme is well used.
As why I go back to my point about JJP. Drum stick ramps and the boat on Pirates are fantastic use of theme.

I think it just makes all the difference.

Even Alice Cooper really sells the theme and that's just a plastic castle.

There's no denying the game does look nice. All art packs are gorgeous and the playfield is good. I particularly like the 5 roll overs top left for a change.
Potc ship great in theory but poor in design and horrible to play wireing harness is always breaking it is fun though

alice Cooper is a joke Frankenstein ball lock nothing ground breaking and then when it goes wrong and the ball drops in the cab it’s game over
The other lock is just as bad

Ok here is where I stand I have bought a pro and a premium maybe le if Phil has any left
On the pro looks packed I suspect will ship with incomplete code but will normally be up to speed in 6 months most pro are solid straight out of the box it’s an awesome theam and looks amazing so what other pinball company can bring you this level of pin for around £6500
Would that be spooky erm no entry level around £8500 ? And r and m loads of issues
Would that be jjp erm no entry level gnr £7500 ? Missing lots of stuff over le and now no longer in production
Would it be pinball brother s alien erm no £7500 entry level tons of issues and will you actually get it
Maybe raza entry level £7500 you got to be joking
So the pro is a winner all day long
So on to the premium and le is it worth the extra no it’s not
Yes it looks great but the magnet doesn’t bring any to the game really and the upper playfield with most of the stern great inventions never work properly I really hope this one does also looks very trick to master more of a luck thing
I own avengers pro and premium and I get just as much fun from the pro as I do from the premium in fact the pro plays better than the premium much better flow

I really like Dwight code on sw and got I like the fact you can play different houses and characters in the games with added bonus for different stuff never got my head around the 40 time multiplyer in sw even though Kirk has told me what to do on several occasions it’s just a bonus to me if it’s high when I get the shot
Can I ask why you have pro and premium versions of Avengers, do you consider them as two very different games all be it with the same theme?
Totally agree regarding Stern, eight machines in the same period as you will get one from jjp and regardless of the lack of bling you know you will be thoroughly entertained and if you don't like the theme there will always be something else just around the corner.

first you have struggled to name something even remotely 1: good and 2: animated. Your historical notions If a toy like this simply don’t exist.

on the second point. When in the mandalorian does grogu put balls in a jar?!

In one episode he makes a ball move.

the magnet that is there is more like what he does which is to influence things from a distance…

if you want something cool - use grogu to wave his hand for ball save or extra ball. maybe have some co-ordinated magnets across the playfield for him to influence the ball and get him to move his arm a little - that could have been done - But him picking up the ball just like the crap TREX which is a gimmick that soon wears thin.

Oh don’t be pedantic Neil, if Stern had made Grogu animated by putting balls in a jar, it would be declared the best thing ever and you’d be in for an LE, it is the way.... of every release ;)

Last edited:
Can I ask why you have pro and premium versions of Avengers, do you consider them as two very different games all be it with the same theme?

AIQ Pro is TOTALLY different to the PREM/LE! It's the first game where I feel you have to play it completely differently and having/knowing one version really won't help you on the other.

So many of the rules change or have different methods of completing things that it takes a while to adjust.

Thumbnail
Argos or Smyths £50 ish. Problem sorted

Stern are comfortably the best pinball manufacturer. I love what they do. This one's a pass for me I think but I'll likely be on board for Elwin's Godzilla if I'm feeling flush or have got fed up with Deadpool.

It's an interesting debate.

For me it all comes down to how the game plays. In recent years, it's pretty clear that Stern have nailed this. Spend the money on the design team, get the right people working together and you will make a big profit on games that don't cost that much to make.

I'm sure even Neil would admit the toys, bling, innovation and real estate on a JJP game blows Stern out of the water. The BOM on a JJP must be so much more than a Stern.

But it's clear that Stern have realised that the key is creating a game that shoots well, has great rules and is mighty fun to play. I think they hands down do that better than JJP.

FWIW I'm only basing this on the games that I have played, lots of the very newest games I haven't had any time on, so can't comment.

Also, some of the innovation on Bally/Williams games like TZ, STTNG, CV, Roadshow (Red and Ted are without a doubt the most interactive toys out there) are still unrivalled today. But it's a different time and a different market, with much less money being spent on innovation. Stern have created a monster that works, so flog it until that changes!

Ultimately, if JJP had Elwin, I think they would have an ultimate combination and could challenge Stern for real. But they don't, so the debate will go on.

And again FWIW, my opinion of what Mando looks like, it looks like a Stern, the Eddy/Dwight combo is most definitely a B team combo with an A grade license, time will tell if it works out. I hope it does, more great pinball is what we want right!

It must be tuff if you are buying NIB games with the amount being released lately, it’s all good in my eyes even with an actual toy that does nothing.
Cant wait to play them but it will be out in the wild and soon hopefully🤞

You make some very valid caveated points.

I'm sure even Neil would admit the toys, bling, innovation and real estate on a JJP game blows Stern out of the water. The BOM on a JJP must be so much more than a Stern.

Ref above, I also like the way you've pulled the pin out of the grenade and gently rolled it across the room.
Tin hat time, under the table.

Adding off the shelf toys to pins that are small and discreet like the bat-mobile on BM66, i get it. But that big green Muppet at 92 x off the shelf cost for developer insight staring right at you --- lol, lol, and double lol.

Back
Top Bottom