What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hobbit

Someone needs to make a Fish Tales decal for that boat ramp and captive ball area

Vast improvement to the playfield art. Really not digging gold Smaug, more like a tacky Chinese restaurant ornament than the scourge of Middle Earth:(

Are the wireforms new?

What's going on with the plain wood in front of the Pops? Was this where the book used to go? Surely they can't be planning to leave it looking like that.

Good to see JJP trying to address some of the initial criticism. Can't imagine much else will now change before the film release

I think the wireforms are new, not sure what was there before. Smaller gold coins too.

I must admit I prefer the red Smaug. Apparently they're going to give him some teeth, should help.

Two new pop up heads too:

hobbit heads.jpg

What's going on with the plain wood in front of the Pops? Was this where the book used to go? Surely they can't be planning to leave it looking like that.

It's just a modified build on an original playfield. The new artwork is shown on the playfield pic.

I also hope it turns out nice, but so far it looks like crap. That LCD book - whose idea was it to have a frame an inch thick? Jesus

And The Mighty Smaug is now a chicken in a basket.

Last edited:
what about the sort of keyhole-shaped things that look a bit lke Terence and Philip?
in the middle of the playfield just below the word 'LOCK'.
what are they about?

i just don't understand how Jack has not learned from WOZ that it is better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. this thing was supposed to be finished and in cinemas for release day of the 3rd film, right? and that's now, what, two or three weeks away? it has a ****ing chicken next to a speed camera on one side, and a big ugly kindle on the other side, and a Fish Tales boat ramp in the middle, but nothing much else to look at. LOTR it is not.

Last edited:
what about the sort of keyhole-shaped things that look a bit lke Terence and Philip?
what are they about?

i just don't understand how Jack has not learned from WOZ that it is better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. this thing was supposed to be finished and in cinemas for release day of the 3rd film, right? and that's now, what, two or three weeks away? it has a ****ing chicken next to a speed camera on one side, and a big ugly kindle on the other side, and a Fish Tales boat ramp in the middle, but nothing much else to look at. LOTR it is not.

You're really not feeling this one are you Dan? ;)

This probably won't help, latest vid .....

Last edited:
what are they about?

Your missing the main toys Dan, the cardboard cutouts of an axe and an arrow????? On the slings. :confused: Seriously does anyone think they look good?

I feel abit deflated about this one it hasn't even got as many toys as woz you'd of thought they would of added more to the second game

You're really not feeling this one are you Dan? ;)

This probably won't help, latest vid .....

Cheers for posting vid. Just watched in McDonalds and did a Pfffft out loud, got a funny look, couldn't explain, they wouldn't understand.

love the theme of dragons etc , but this looks a poor effort, the`ve even parked it next to a WOZ, which can`t help

Funny how it's getting compared to WoZ like woZ is awesome yet most are prepared to slate woz down to the ground :)

I think it looks great, nothing wrong with the book it's cool it's an interactive book done with an lcd it looks cool , it's a hell of a lot better than a big fat weeble zombie on the walking dead , the dragon is pretty cool he talks and moves , again better than a prison with an oversized stupidly out of proportion head poping out of the prison.

Everyone moaned that woz looked like a xmas tree and the playfield was to cluttered so now there is less stuff and the playfield is less cluttered... If I was JJP I would say screeeeeeew you lot do it yourself ;)

+1

ST LE is the 2nd coming cos it has a wobbly plastic toy and you have to wear sunglasses to play it

+1

ST LE is the 2nd coming cos it has a wobbly plastic toy and you have to wear sunglasses to play it

Don't forget that it also has a 3rd flipper that actually has a purpose in life. ;)

Currently the poor upper flipper on TH is flailing about like the unwanted gonky kid at a birthday party, you can almost hear the lower 2 flippers shouting ' Hey loser ! Who invited you to this party ? Why dont you go home to yr mummy. Flapping about pointlessly up there like some spack' .... And then throwing cake at it. It's just embarrassing.

The upper flipper can hit just about everything on the top half of the pf. Its hardly redundant

Since when was there a rule book for pinball though? Just because there isn't a generic side ramp solely for the upper flipper to hit doesn't make the flipper a waste of time. There's a target bank directly opposite it for one. You could probably backhand both ramps too

Since when was there a rule book for pinball though? Just because there isn't a generic side ramp solely for the upper flipper to hit doesn't make the flipper a waste of time. There's a target bank directly opposite it for one. You could probably backhand both ramps too

No need to argue, the top flipper is ****(tm). It has no purpose other than make the designers look poor.

In terms of a 'pinball rulebook', I would have thought over 1000s of different machines, designers would know what worked and what didn't. I think JJP are just trying to be different instead of being truly innovative. Also know as the 'grottlieb curse'.

Back
Top Bottom