What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "C" Word

lockdown confirmed for tonight, nationally. from a good government insider i know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the queues outside the banks i've seen today bank runs are next if not already upon us...

just make sure you are not anywhere you shouldn’t be! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m a bit hazy on the following:-
“travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
Anyone want to elaborate as this is open to interpretation.
I cannot work from home as an Engineer ...for example.

it will be interesting to see how it gets enforced. Can’t really see a lot of the estate kids following it unless there is some punitive action

I’m a bit hazy on the following:-
“travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
Anyone want to elaborate as this is open to interpretation.
I cannot work from home as an Engineer ...for example.
Just received a comms from my MD.
All the horsesh*t jobs will get canned but the maintenance contracts for MOD, NHS and Supermarkets IT infrastructure are classed as Covid-19 key worker therefore shouldn’t get fined.
Have to say though, I’ll be reaching for my darth Vader mask after all when entering the hospitals 😬

Last edited:
but the plumber who fixes the leak in the offices of the company that employ the driver who delivers the parts to the engineering company who go to fix the machine at the loo roll factory, is also key!

^^^yes agreed, it’s quite funny that Boris did his speech but didn’t even inform the MET, so they have been caught unaware. They don’t know how they will enforce this new rule.

^^^yes agreed, it’s quite funny that Boris did his speech but didn’t even inform the MET, so they have been caught unaware. They don’t know how they will enforce this new rule.

I suspect that's more to prepare us for troops on the streets.

I have a 6 hour Skype call booked for today so secretly hoping their office is shut.

My UPS delivery that was due today has just been cancelled. UPS seem to be unclear if they are classed as critical infrastructure.

Met Police where represented at the COBRA meeting where this decision was taken!? - so how where they not involved? Don't get the balloons from the met federation confused with those that actually are involved.

MET Police know exactly how this is going to pan out. It's not even like there's a choice. Marshal law. Troops on the streets.

Met Police where represented at the COBRA meeting where this decision was taken!? - so how where they not involved? Don't get the balloons from the met federation confused with those that actually are involved.
I’ll re-phrase - they were informed what was happening but was vague on execution:-
Top police officers clearly stating after announcements was made they didn’t know what their new powers would be under the lockdown!
Also, the balloons as you state - the federation is represented by top police officers who represent the force as a whole.

This is pretty scary...
BBC News - Coronavirus: Under surveillance and confined at home in Taiwan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52017993
Yeah....someone always watching.....
Thing is though, state controlled movement is what will keep a lid on this.
Look at the shenanigans in London. When the communist regime in China enforced lockdown, people listened. They got a foothold and number of cases dropped.
Look at the tube trains again this morning.
I really hope this doesn’t blow up worse than Italy.

I’ll re-phrase - they were informed what was happening but was vague on execution:-
Top police officers clearly stating after announcements was made they didn’t know what their new powers would be under the lockdown!
Also, the balloons as you state - the federation is represented by top police officers who represent the force as a whole.

Union nonsense - none of these folks represent the management or leadership of the police force who have said its challenging, which it is, but they have already started to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Union nonsense - none of these folks represent the management or leadership of the police force who have said its challenging, which it is, but they have already started to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Many workers in this country put their trust in unions, for very good reason I’m sure. I guess I can’t blame you for being a bit biased against the federation, or unions for that matter, being an MD n all...... 😉

Last edited:
Its the not touching your face, mouth etc. after touching anything else and before you wash your hands that is also a bit tricky to manage.

Went to the supermarket yesterday, it was a bit like learning how to shop again - one way system at entrance, security guard limiting how many customers could be inside at once, no groups more than 2, ends of most aisles closed off at the till end, and one aisle turned into a queuing aisle before getting directed to go to a particular till, and no adjacent tills to it open. With selecting shopping its look and decide to buy something or not before touching it, and the best route to walk down an aisle isn't same as usual to keep 2m distances - they haven't (as of yet) made most aisles one way. Anyone wanting to pay by cash has to use self-service checkouts, contactless limit changing from £30 to £45 next Wednesday (or at least it is with HSBC).

I'm staying well away from supermarkets. We've signed up with the milkman for regular deliveries of bread, milk, cheese, eggs and potatoes. It does mean I have to get up at 5:30am every morning to take them off the doorstep before someone else does though. Won't need to leave the house until the alcohol runs low...but even then there are local breweries offering free home delivery.

Not happy, I was called out to a job last night in Bradford. Massive logistics warehouse, drive down from Scotland - got on site about 01:30am I went through all the Covid-19 precautions.
Then I’m troubleshooting a Cisco Switch in the Gatehouse where all the HGVs from all over Europe come and go for deliveries of goods.
It was like grand central station. I’m on my knees at the comms cab. People brushing past me - 2 metre rule straight out the fcuking window.
😬😬😬

Back
Top Bottom