What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any flipper based pinball machines ever going so out of popularity that they plummet in price?

If any are going to do so you'd expect it to be EM machines, but look at the prices of EM's now !!!!!

We may well have a post-C19/lockdown adjustment as folk sell stuff they bought to keep them amused during lockdown, but even so, I think the relatively short supply into the UK of new machines, combined with a growing demand from more and more folk having the room to house a pin, will see demand for all eras continue to be there for many years to come.

It's very unlikely a new technology could come along that renders pinball unpopular?

For its day, it was an amazing machine. But what percentage of guys on here that own machines own an em ? 5 per cent maybe ?

Fireball 2 would be my choice too, but again, how many buyers are there for a Bally SS title these days ? The TV games make the DMDs look old so finding a buyer for an alphanumeric is hard enough nowadays.
I love the look of some classic EM's but that really is as far as it goes. Lovely to look at but I'd be bored to death in 5 minutes. So I don't think I'd ever own anymore.

I've no desire for anything with a TV in though either. There are plenty of early Bally / Williams SS I'd be more than happy with. Like my videogames, for the most part all I'd like is 80's - 90's titles.
I'd make exception for Metallica though, I love that and hope to own one, one day!

Sold mine on here in late 2019 for £1,500, having paid similar. It's a bit marmite, but a lot of game for the money (I'd have another one day), but definitely under £2k.
And I sold it again for the same. I liked it but still wanted a Roadshow which is what I was looking for when I bought it. Glad I had it though. Was dandy cakes :)

Fire! was always a very hard game to sell so many got parted out. Here is a nice ironic picture of what happened to one of our old ones. It had had broken unobtainium ramps so was unplayable. As often the case in the past worth FAR more in parts - $200 just for the bell if I remember.

fire on fire.jpg

Bidding war going on for Grand Lizard on eBay, where will it end?

Is that Neils mate with the Fire!

rare game that GL and being Matts its a good one. Personally I wasnt keen on the art but its a good player

I’m not being funny but is it are rare and good game’s really one in the same? Seen lots of early 80’s pins on eBay this last year that look like they have shocking wear and crap layouts??

9***4 really wants that Lizard !
I really hate that you simply cant get any info about bidders anymore.. not who they are, what else they bid on .. nothing. All to make it a "better" experience for everyone apparently.

More likely to stop you contacting them and saying “if you don’t win it mate, I’ve got one for sale”
Yeah, I can remember that happening in eBay dayes of olde!
Used to be a great way of finding out what other people were bidding on too. "Oh, he's found a xxxx, I missed that..."
Another positive was that you could see if the seller was using one of his dummy accounts to bid you up. (Shilling)

Ahhh, the olde dial-up modem days! 😆 Shame I wasn't collecting pins then.

9***4 really wants that Lizard !
I really hate that you simply cant get any info about bidders anymore.. not who they are, what else they bid on .. nothing. All to make it a "better" experience for everyone apparently.
You could email the seller Matt (Tatty Adams) and ask if he thinks the bidder 9***4 looks genuine if you're being outbid on it... or let him know you're not a messer if it all gets messy in the close.
He's on here too, isn't he? I placed a bid on it early on before it started getting too frantic! :)

You could email the seller Matt (Tatty Adams) and ask if he thinks the bidder 9***4 looks genuine if you're being outbid on it... or let him know you're not a messer if it all gets messy in the close.
He's on here too, isn't he? I placed a bid on it early on before it started getting too frantic! :)
He is - @Matt Adams

9***4 has a feedback of 20, but the current high bidder d***e has a feedback score of 2348 so is presumably legit.

I had a Grand Lizard years ago and it's a good game.

Pinball's dirty secret is that rare games are usually rubbish to play. Fine as novelties in a collection, good to say that you have played them, but they probably won't get much play time at all.

If they were commercially successful the manufacturer would have produced and sold lots of them.

Obviously there are exceptions. Banzai for example was mega expensive to produce and a nightmare for operators to move between locations - 2 good reasons to abandon production - but it actually plays well for its era.

Other rare games might have used up old parts or whatever.

But I think these exceptions prove the rule

Yeah,... Defender, Fathom, Alien Star, Sorcerer, Laser Cue, Transporter, Circus, Cactus Canyon, any old Stern... all rubbish. 😄

Get your logic, but there's plenty of rubbish games produced in bigger numbers which kinda offsets it :hmm:. All subjective of course..... like the word 'rare'.

I will come round in my van and take those rare low production runs off you and just look at them if I get bored😂

Anyone had dealings with the seller tauras3698 who just put Demolition Man and Atari Superman up on eBay? From the descriptions (inviting offers via email) it’s hideously unlikely they’re going to let the auctions play out

That superman keeps on coming up, reported it. Look at all the other stuff they have for sale😂
Apparently someone had my car on eBay yesterday that is for sale with Autotrader, luckily there are people reporting these scams quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom