What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently someone had my car on eBay yesterday that is for sale with Autotrader, luckily there are people reporting these scams quick.
Feels to me like the scam business is now the biggest I've ever known. Phone call & email fishing and ridiculous amount on eBay.
I've seen it with Coin-Op pins & vids as well as higher end automotive cars & parts. I can't see any of it getting any better either. Crazy times.

Reactions: DRD
Feels to me like the scam business is now the biggest I've ever known. Phone call & email fishing and ridiculous amount on eBay.
I've seen it with Coin-Op pins & vids as well as higher end automotive cars & parts. I can't see any of it getting any better either. Crazy times.
It’s crazy, there are only 2 or 3 other cars like mine for sale in the UK so it’s pretty obvious if you want one. Might have done me a favour because the guy who tipped me off said his son is desperate for my car and I said I might take the ad off and just keep it, he called me later and had a good chat and said he wanted it but should have all the money together in a month or so. We shall see. But somebody was fishing for more photo’s and details through autotrader the day before the scam ad but I did report them.
No bargains out there 99.9% of the time!

It’s crazy, there are only 2 or 3 other cars like mine for sale in the UK so it’s pretty obvious if you want one. Might have done me a favour because the guy who tipped me off said his son is desperate for my car and I said I might take the ad off and just keep it, he called me later and had a good chat and said he wanted it but should have all the money together in a month or so. We shall see. But somebody was fishing for more photo’s and details through autotrader the day before the scam ad but I did report them.
No bargains out there 99.9% of the time!
As a car and pinball guy as well I have to ask what this car is?

Sorry it’s not a super car 😂 BUT it’s still a lot of fun and gets the adrenaline pumping. Only 80 came into the UK. Supercharged😎
The new GR is pretty good too😁

Wowser

£2,400 for a Grand Lizard !! I once heard that it is a rare game, but pinside and ipdb both state 2,750 units which I would think is about average. It is ranked 158 on pinside, which is also about average.

It has some neat features- double magna save, mini pf. Art is a mismatch with different artists for the PF and Backglass (like Future Spa)

I have played a couple of examples. It did not strike me as a mega title. Quite easy to get multiball.

2400 used to be very strong money for a System 11.

Maybe we will see a load of older games come on the market now that people are bidding high prices but bound to go on EBay as it’s the place you can get crazy money!

Will be surprised if the buyer pays that, there’s an awful plot of tatty games making the market atm
From chatting to Matt deposit has been paid and the buyer had been constantly messaging about the machine and is super happy , can’t remember the last time a GL was ever for sale in fact the last one was probably this one that I sold to Matt six years ago.

I've seen and played that Grand Lizard and it's the nicest one I have ever seen by a mile.

Personally I think it's worth north of £2500 due to its condition and he's mad to sell it as cheap as it went for with the eBay commission.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Last edited:
Ended. Anyone here snag it? I was tempted myself as it does look like fun, it's just not on my self-imposed wants list!
Ah how times change I bought that machine along with another Ripleys from an operator about 8 years ago for £800 did I big workshop on it and struggled to sell it I think it went for £1200 in the end 8 years on and it’s gone in seconds for £2500

Absolutely insane prices on eBay at the moment for everything really. £6k for a Terminator 3?? Everything is approx 3x over-priced as opposed to the usual 2x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom