What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disliked my favourite pin of all time the first two times I played it. Same with turtles, I'd not have considered it and didn't like it the first week of owning. Now I love it!
Same with music, I find the best albums are the ones that take time to grow😊

I’m pretty systematic about exploring pins. I started by trying to play the physical version of every pin I enjoyed on the Williams App - I’m still trying to find a Hurricane on public display. Then, I tried finding my favourite pins on Pinball Arcade which was, admittedly, mostly about playing Ghostbusters, Genie and Spirit (as a substitute for Black Hole). Then, when I saw people hyping up the modern Sterns, I had a ‘modern Stern’ phase followed by an ‘early SS’ period. I’ve also had a ‘find an EM phase’ and a ‘watching all-time-top-10-and-pinball-history-videos and playing everything’ phase.

I often write off pins due to theme. Otherwise, I’ve usually played each pin at least five times. If something has a good reputation on Pinside and I don’t engage with it, I’ll make an effort to play it more than five incase I’m missing something. If I like something after the first five plays, I will sometimes get really into it and play it for ages. I think I’ve probably played TNA for up to an hour at a time.

Not working, no back glass but lovely looking cab and playfield

I bought a project king tut a few years ago. Weirdly it had no back glass either.

I managed to get a backglass on ebay for £30 or something ridiculously cheap.

Backglass is really nice, so I imagine there are a few framed up on walls knocking about.

16384771151638944179132489659179.jpg

It's a bit worrying that an em doesn't power up though. If it was cheaper I'd have it to make my project easier, but not worth it for that price.

I bought a project king tut a few years ago. Weirdly it had no back glass either.

I managed to get a backglass on ebay for £30 or something ridiculously cheap.

Backglass is really nice, so I imagine there are a few framed up on walls knocking about.

View attachment 154148

It's a bit worrying that an em doesn't power up though. If it was cheaper I'd have it to make my project easier, but not worth it for that price.
As a Bally EM, does it have a power switch, or is it always on a powered up from the left flipper, coin or start button??

As a Bally EM, does it have a power switch, or is it always on a powered up from the left flipper, coin or start button??
Don't know to be honest.

Cab was falling apart on mine and the playfield was mouldy. I've stripped the plafield and started cleaning it up but not got anywhere near powering it up yet.

One of these days I'll have some time to spend on my projects... :hmm:

Wow! I cannot believe the difference in approach. I have already decided on my final collection of five pins: LoTR, FT, MM(r?), JP2/GZ [the 'Elwin' slot] and BK2000, with a possible sixth entrant - Black Hole, WH20 or Hurricane.

I think I also had a dream line up when I first got into pins around eighteen years ago. Thing is - if you stick with the hobby long term you’ll likely discover that some games just don’t have staying power at home, other games you might not expect to enjoy suddenly become your most wanted, and your pinball tastes / preferences may change over time.

My current collection now skews modern, but that’s because I’ve owned most of the top B/W titles in the past and played them to death. If you’re bored of a game you own - and you will get bored of games - why keep it when you could get something new in?

I think I’ve gone through around 30 odd games over the years, which is on the low end compared to some others on here. Only three machines have lasted over a decade, and one of those I had zero interest in upon release / the first few times I played it. There are countless games I thought were long term keepers at first but sold within a couple of years, including some of the games that were part of my original dream collection.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having an aspirational line up, all I’d say is don’t ignore other games in the meantime. If you have the space and the cash but can’t find one of those titles, why not get something else that’s available? It’s a pretty low risk move - you can always sell it on - and you might end up with a great game that you’d never otherwise own.

Anyway, back on topic -

Didn’t realise that there were any of these in the UK. I’m intrigued by the concept but not sure I’m £8.6k intrigued. Anyone played one?

Last edited:
It’s good how he/she moved the machine for the playfield picture - probably when the tech was going over it top to bottom. LOL.

I quite enjoy following these scams.

Just in my boat now off to the Shetlands..
Row fast. I've just got to drop off some illegals in Kent then I'm setting course for the Shetlands.

e070e95d10b65b775adbda0d8752442d.jpg

So if you see someone passing you giving you the "V's" that will be me.

Some poor soul is bidding to buy vintage nutcrackers off the scammer for £243 - total scumbag.

Hi Nessie

Yeah they tried selling that on ebay recently but no takers.
Island life can be tuff.

(Had too much to drink last night, couldn’t even spell my own name!)

Dougal

We’ve got to report these guys to eBay, bottom of the listing is a report item button. We may know it’s a scam but there’s plenty of people out there will get roscoed.
794548C7-0124-4475-8D34-C01CF5797A91.png

"Roscoed"? not heard that term before.
Roscoed not officially in the dictionary but it’s meaning
“To be sold a pile of crap that you list as in good/excellent condition then blame the buyer for buying your crap in the first place and refuse to do a damn thing about it”
Hence to be rosscoed.
Named after a tos*er called Rossco 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom