What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gottlieb's sky jump

Staring price of 660. I keep seeing EMs and wondering if maybe I should have at least one.... This is just down the road too :eek:
You could make a cheeky offer - I really enjoyed my EM's - they're so much easier than electronic ones, and I really enjoyed figuring out how they worked and how the game 'logic' is put together with a buunch of relays and switches. its amazing.

I could - and I will probably regret not. But I dont actually have anywhere to put another one ATM. If it was something I badly wanted I would find room - but probably best not on a whim.

I did have an EM slot machine many years ago which wasnt working correctly. Was just dirty contacts :)

An example was at the Heighway factory when the UK open was there a few years back. My mate John Gray in his first knockout tournament ⁹with zero iprr pinball rating points knocked out the previous year's winner Paul Jongma on Stern Drac in the last 32.

I had already played it, relayed basic strategy to John before his knock out game and he humbled the Dutch master.

I remember it being pretty basic. Three flippers? Nowt special. But Drac theme always a winner.

cheers. on reflection I think i prefer the more sci-fi themes rather than blood guts n murder, eel pies, smoggy london and whitby smoked mackerel

I keep looking at a game for the office. Think an arcade machine is much more palatable.

It's a classic Stern, yes a bit basic but can be challenging all the same. Flip out used to have one in its line up.

It's a decent shooting pin @AlanJ I've got one that I tidied up last year (think it's the one previously at Flipout) :thumbs: Standard build your bonus rules but a couple of drop banks and a spinner are cool. The spinner to upper flipper shot is quite satisfying and the bonus collect saucer and loop around are also good. The playfield art is beautiful and probably the best thing about the game.

Night Moves x2 on the bay. Quite a bit of knowledge on the forum about these if anyone fancies a winter project. Based in Aberdeen area for those who can buy fuel

Cool things these cocktail pins, don't come up every day and on a few folks' wishlist

If anybody is looking at the Roller Coaster Tycoon on gumtree at £2250 which does not power up I got him to send more pictures. I see fuses missing and battery damage.
I know is not a great game, but just looking for something to work on at the weekends.
He refused my offer as I expect this would have all sorts of problems. View attachment 148299
View attachment 148300
I bought this for £1550, new cpu fitted, I/O repaired, a coil fitted wrong way round and one coil diode shorted, broken spring on gonk, otherwise needed strip down / clean / rubbers and all the black work re-powder coated. Turned out a nice machine in the end

Night Moves x2 on the bay. Quite a bit of knowledge on the forum about these if anyone fancies a winter project. Based in Aberdeen area for those who can buy fuel

Cool things these cocktail pins, don't come up every day and on a few folks' wishlist

Has 4 of these, love them, but getting them picked up 🥴

I bought this for £1550, new cpu fitted, I/O repaired, a coil fitted wrong way round and one coil diode shorted, broken spring on gonk, otherwise needed strip down / clean / rubbers and all the black work re-powder coated. Turned out a nice machine in the end
I almost did a deal with the guy, he first said he had a replacement board to go with it, he then excepted £1500 but said that does not include the board so I left it. If it was not so far to travel I would of took a look.
It's always a risk with that battery damage, but very pleased you now have a working game that did not cost a great deal to put right.

I almost did a deal with the guy, he first said he had a replacement board to go with it, he then excepted £1500 but said that does not include the board so I left it. If it was not so far to travel I would of took a look.
It's always a risk with that battery damage, but very pleased you now have a working game that did not cost a great deal to put right.
Yes was a 6hr round trip for me, I had a brand new spare Stern CPU / sound but it cost me £400 to buy. The guy had a Rottendog CPU and I/O but Rottendog are rubbish. He’s blown a transistor on the I/O that he’d replaced but I passed on those 2. I/O had an over fused circuit which blew the transistor / drive chip, and all those chips back up the circuit but got it fully working, and the rust black work all replaced 👍

that's the 2nd time it's been listed and not sold,if it was a bally of the same vintage it would have been snapped up no doubt

it’s a non std ss stern theme. i researched it. it’s just no appeal. space theme stern. hell yeah. but a blood sucker. hell no

it’s a non std ss stern theme. i researched it. it’s just no appeal. space theme stern. hell yeah. but a blood sucker. hell no
It’s not one I’ve ever played, but to me it looks a good layout with the upper flipper. I‘d prefer chimes to the first gen SS sound boards, but there you go.

I think @ronsplooter likes his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom