What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite a selection of games they have.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

every single game on eBay is overpriced by significant margin except the Octoberfest which is over priced but the best deal on there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Op Pop Pop was the first machine I owned. Bought off an operator in early 1980s for £25. The whole family loved it and I only parted with it a couple of years ago. As I left his warehouse he asked me if I wanted to come back for some more machines …”have as many as you want…all the same price.”
Get him on the phone, I feel a group buy coming on... I've got 25 whole squid with his name on it.

Op Pop Pop was the first machine I owned. Bought off an operator in early 1980s for £25. The whole family loved it and I only parted with it a couple of years ago. As I left his warehouse he asked me if I wanted to come back for some more machines …”have as many as you want…all the same price.”
This op-pop-pop looks quite nice except the peeling and cracking backglass. I'm itching to have a go at fixing it, but the boss has put her foot down. Apparently I can't move the kids out to make another pinball room....no fair!

You've gotta take inflation into account. It's been 40 years after all.

I'd be willing to go to thirty.
That prompted me to look up an inflation calculator. It says that £25 in 1981 is the equivalent £98.30 today. Still a bargain.

Reminds me of a story I was told by my neighbour about his mate, his dad left when they were young and they were brought up by his mum with dad kids disowning them. In their twenty’s he dies and left them both a sizeable amount at the time of just over 4k each.
By then the boys were kinda leading separate lives and the eldest had moved away from the area but on his 60th birthday he invited his brother and they were reunited at his party.
They had lots to catch up on as they never stayed in touch and it turned out his brother was so bitter at his dad for leaving them he never touched his money but left it dormant in a bank account.
However he had finally decided life was too short so the now 20k+ his initial 4K had grown too was put to good use in his eyes by throwing a big party and he had plans for a big cruise with the missus.

When he asked how my neighbours mate was getting on he said I’m kinda blessed when dad left up the money I bought that big old house on the hill we used to admire and play around.
However it was now worth over half a million!
So if anyine thinks Pinflation is where the money was back then think again.
In the late 90s near the demise of Bally/Williams I had amassed over 30 pins all under 1k, all 90s Bally/Williams apart from several FHs which I had a facination for at the time.
Although pinball has been kind to me over the years as I hung on to a lot of my pins my one regret is not finding a big house on the hill near me lol. Mind you I did buy my mums large 3 bedroom council house in the 90s for 9.4K and I rent it out and it’s worth 8-10 x what I paid maybe even more.
Even if I had managed to keep and restore all those pins till this very day I’d be a very rich man but there’s a reason the saying “put your money in bricks and mortar” makes sense
House Inflation > pinflation x10

For anyone wondering where all those pins went my last one a TZ sold last year for 6k and the only remaining pin I know of is at Billy’s across the road it’s a fascinating FH

A Fish Tales that they auctioned a couple of weeks ago finished at $4300.

I’m not sure why the prices at the last couple of auctions went crazy as It wasn’t just the pins that finished with insane prices.

The hammer prices of the arcade cabs seemed to have doubled. A few 90’s cabs I was watching we’re going for between $2200 to $2500 + the 18% online buyers premium.
Yet literally 3 or 4 months ago you could get some classic games at really decent prices even with the buyers premium/shipping.

I think most of these will go for crazy prices.
I was watching a few items on their last auction but the hammer prices in the end were nuts.
Yes I’ve just watched the video of the previous auction. Nicely restored Medusa $3,200 !!! Plus, as you say, buyers premium and taxes.

Dedicated cabs are too
Much in my opinion for what you get out of them, yes they are a statement but they are very basic and a repro can do 90% of the job, tbh it’s all to much I think the hobby will have one heck of a hangover in a year or two .

another medusa just been listed on ebay,look at the front of the cab near the shooter rod @AlanJ ,has the same mark above it,as the last one you were on about,so a few of these must have been victim of a factory balls up after all?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313644001617?hash=item4906a3a951:g:LYcAAOSwtjBhHnoY

i saw that as well. obvs a cab reuse
Yes Bally used stock cabinets from games without an upper Playfield. With the upper playfield the shooter rod needs to be mounted lower. So rather than make new cabinets they just filled the holes on existing cabinets. Until they were used up then some specific ones were made think some were used on medusa but most on Flash Gordon and elektra.

Although all manufactured in 1981 they must of ran out for medusa run. Maybe they didn’t expect to make over 3000,
Perhaps expecting a similar production run to elektra. Someone somewhere will know the reason exactly if they can remember?!.....🤣 @Gary Flower
K.

Anyone posted this already:

Lord of Rings on at a starting price of £6k, which is somewhat more than what one sold for on here a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom