What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Time Machine!!
Thanks, really lucked out in getting it. It's such a simple and fun game. It popped up for sale just down the road from me and I was lucky to be first responder.

Have a few bits to do to get it where I want it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club/page/7#post-6244159

Xp power on route at the moment, new plunger from one stop pinball has been fitted.

Also need to get some cleaning supplies and get it cleaned, polished and waxed.

Rolling Stones high bidder pulled out ( his son hit the button without permission) so yet another machine is heading to Williams in Pontefract.
Ahh, sounds like the old, "My cat walked over the keyboard and placed the bid" gag. I've experienced that line myself years ago from a numpty bidder.

Isn’t that’s what it’s worth though LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi guys, spotted this on eBay. 4K virtual pin, pc spec etc all look good, currently at £2500. Only thing putting me off at the moment is…it’s eBay so a bit of a punt and his last feedback for a pin wasn’t positive. Any thoughts, advice, dealings with this person from anyone here, good or bad?

Thanks
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114787806227?hash=item1ab9e2ec13:g:jjYAAOSwlP5gjAGs

Reactions: Jib
It was up to buy at 4.5k last week....been re listed as a bid
I messaged him with a bunch of questions and requests for extra photos/videos of bits he hadn’t shown in the listing. About half an hour after that he pulled the listing, so either got an offer he thought was acceptable or decided not to sell I guess. 4K vpins are kinda hard to get at a decent price atm cos of graphics cards prices, can sometimes make more just taking the gpu out and selling that than selling the whole vpin! Only card I can get at a reasonable price right now is a gtx 1650 and it doesn’t seem to be recommended for stable 4K and certainly wouldn’t future proof at all

Hi, i bought the last one off him on auction ,I wouldnt deal with him again im afraid ,not a bad guy on face value but the pin wasnt playing sound correctly on pick up and i dont know anything about v pins and he was not helpfull in any way to get it sorted despite him saying he knew what he was doing with them and he sort of rushed me out of the door.5hrs drive for me. also i felt i had to buy it as it was an auction .When home he cancelled the sale with e bay ? after I had paid .. Absolutley the opposite expierience i have had dealing with forum members when buying pins ie take your time cup of tea ,pin chat.

Hi, i bought the last one off him on auction ,I wouldnt deal with him again im afraid ,not a bad guy on face value but the pin wasnt playing sound correctly on pick up and i dont know anything about v pins and he was not helpfull in any way to get it sorted despite him saying he knew what he was doing with them and he sort of rushed me out of the door.5hrs drive for me. also i felt i had to buy it as it was an auction .When home he cancelled the sale with e bay ? after I had paid .. Absolutley the opposite expierience i have had dealing with forum members when buying pins ie take your time cup of tea ,pin chat.
Thank you, that’s extremely helpful. One of my questions was about the last feedback he received on a vpin not being positive, which may have been you.

I asked for some videos of various things working that he hadn’t shown in the videos he posted and for some photos of the back, bottom and several of the inside of the cab and a photo showing the pc system specs so I knew they were as listed. Think he just thought I was too much hassle and gave up lol.

thanks so much for sharing your experience with that seller, would have helped me make the decision if he hadn’t pulled the listing

I feel like I've joined the pinball scene at the worst time 🤣 everything is very expensive. I see some people on here saying you would be mad to buy a NIB but given how close used ones are getting in to the cost of a new one? *Shrugs* I may as well buy new and have the convenience and comfort of knowing it will come with a 2yr warranty.

Hopefully the used market returns one day to the pricing you guys experienced.

I feel like I've joined the pinball scene at the worst time 🤣 everything is very expensive. I see some people on here saying you would be mad to buy a NIB but given how close used ones are getting in to the cost of a new one? *Shrugs* I may as well buy new and have the convenience and comfort of knowing it will come with a 2yr warranty.

I know the feeling – that thought occurred to me last year when I was thinking of dipping my toe in for the first time, but mercifully I was in the right place at the right time to nab a couple of great machines.

Example: a Getaway went on here for £1,500 the other week, and there's frequently sales happening between users here in the £2k bracket. You're in the right place and when the stars align for the right machine at the right price, it's a lovely feeling.

I know the feeling – that thought occurred to me last year when I was thinking of dipping my toe in for the first time, but mercifully I was in the right place at the right time to nab a couple of great machines.

Example: a Getaway went on here for £1,500 the other week, and there's frequently sales happening between users here in the £2k bracket. You're in the right place and when the stars align for the right machine at the right price, it's a lovely feeling.
They might be advertised at eye watering prices on the bay of fleaness, but i do not see them exactly flying off the shelves.

Even over the last 3-6 months there's been some good priced machines between 1k and 2k here. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom