What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I quite fancy a rolling stones for that sort of money. i’m currently high bidder. I’ve bought machines before from same seller. he accurately describes his machines.

Only £750? + shipping located in Germany zero feedback seller only just joined? Looks like a con?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353469721054

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
DR WHO PINBALL MACHINE BALLY

Have you ever played a Stern Rolling Stones Alan ?
It's definitely not one of Sterns better machines. I'm sure it must have some fans but alas I'm not one of them.
Good luck in whatever you decide on .

RS isn’t too bad in my view - they had it at NYCPC and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DR-WHO-PINBALL-MACHINE-BALLY-/353469721054?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

thinking this is too good to be true? Having just filled my one and only allowed space in the house, I'm lucky the boss says no.

in Germany, seller with 0 feedback....

Well all those pics are on this listing, which says the pin’s in Poland ... and the asking price works out circa £4,900.

SCAM ALERT B Pay at your peril https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353469721054?hash=item524c6fe9de:g:6E4AAOSwwLhghE8J
Buy it Now for £750 DR Who pin from a guy based in Newbury has been an eBay member for 3 days and Oh, The machine is currently in Germany but the Seller will pay for shipping to UK Yeah Right!!
That’s probably quite clever. he is managing expectations and stated 2-3weeks for delivery . Wonder if he manages to make it past 4 weeks he can keep the £££ as the return window closes?

Load of these going on at the moment, seeing it almost every day on synths. They must be exploiting a loop hole (probably with Paypal Credit) as my experience some months ago was hell for 6 weeks trying to get the money back. Came through in the end, but was like dealing with automated robots left in complete limbo. If suspicious, always Paypal funded by credit card, not bank debit or Paypal Credit.

That’s probably quite clever. he is managing expectations and stated 2-3weeks for delivery . Wonder if he manages to make it past 4 weeks he can keep the £££ as the return window closes?
It would be cleverer if it was up for a believable price. The biggest red flag on most of these scam listings is the price.

Last edited:
It would be cleverer if it was up for a believable price. The biggest red flag on most of these scam listings is the price.
Judging by some of the questions and expectations I’ve received this week from ebay buyers there will be plenty out there who will think that price is legit

Exactly. A lot of the scammy stuff recently has been priced about right so there's no obvious red flag (at a glance). One tell though I have spotted with some of the sellers like that Superman is they're old accounts that have had no activity for years. Maybe they're used accounts they bought on the dark web. Have a look next time you see a "genuine looking scam". That concludes my detective work for the day.

Police5.jpg

Keep 'em peeled!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/206737377653798/
Some old slot machines and a pinball machine or two, about 15 machines in various states some are knackered but maybe have spare parts, come have a look see if it's worth anything to you bring a torch and a hard hat, they're in a dark cellar
1D9D4678-CD43-4369-B1DE-90DD489C8A13.png
586B76FE-9A46-4E42-9D89-800F35869F99.png

Just come across this on Facebook looks like some old EM’s in Accrington, love the “bring a torch and a hard hat” quote? Doesn’t give a price might be of use as spares? The cellar bit doesn’t get my hopes up?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/206737377653798/
Some old slot machines and a pinball machine or two, about 15 machines in various states some are knackered but maybe have spare parts, come have a look see if it's worth anything to you bring a torch and a hard hat, they're in a dark cellar
View attachment 137154View attachment 137155

Just come across this on Facebook looks like some old EM’s in Accrington, love the “bring a torch and a hard hat” quote? Doesn’t give a price might be of use as spares? The cellar bit doesn’t get my hopes up?
Give it time, may see it on eBay soon, buy it now - £3500....

Some old slot machines and a pinball machine or two, about 15 machines in various states some are knackered but maybe have spare parts, come have a look see if it's worth anything to you bring a torch and a hard hat, they're in a dark cellar... “bring a torch and a hard hat” quote? Doesn’t give a price might be of use as spares? The cellar bit doesn’t get my hopes up?
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 20.45.46.png

Whatever you do just don't go alone. If you do just don't say I didn't warn you..

Probably - looks a nice example, with same owner for many years, and the price of EM's has rocketed in the last year. But, why buy a pinball machine as an investment? Buy it to play, repair, refurb, enjoy.
Thanks Alan

Agree on the use, fix and enjoy. The investment part ... This is how I'm justifying it to the boss. 😊 Will it still be worth what I pay for it when I have to give the space I'm the house back??

Just managed to take over the living room with my first 😉 a few bits of refurb ongoing with this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_142752234~2.jpg
    IMG_20210424_142752234~2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom