What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying is now a minefield the worst atm is Facebook I recently viewed a machine , owner wasn’t into pinball but had placed an ad on fb market place I viewed a rather ruff 90’s Williams / looks mint in photo and was trying to do a deal whilst taking into account all the issues - there were lots ! But then answer back was just Facebook says .... yeah but Facebook says .... I put a good price in on it but -again but Facebook 90% have no intention of driving with tools 100’s miles to pick it up or view , the phone was pinging as we tried to talk. Pinball buying is screwed at the moment. Sure glad I viewed before I put an offer in mind ... tbh I’ll be amazed if my next pin isn’t nib
Was that the Fish Tales by any chance??? Noticed the seller of that said someone had came to look and hadn't bought it and that looked nice from a distance.

TRON reduced to £4,250 on eBay.

Looks to be in very good condition and no mods.
That’s always the problem with a pro if it hasn’t got the ramp light kit on it, there’s almost no love for it, I just sold one of my NIB LEs about 5 weeks ago, didn’t even have to advertise it buyer from Europe offered me an offer to good to resist.

Will likely sell my other LE outside the U.K. again as I’ve got a tonne of interest from US pinsiders, some titles just sell like hot cakes in the US compared to here.

That’s always the problem with a pro if it hasn’t got the ramp light kit on it, there’s almost no love for it, I just sold one of my NIB LEs about 5 weeks ago, didn’t even have to advertise it buyer from Europe offered me an offer to good to resist.

Will likely sell my other LE outside the U.K. again as I’ve got a tonne of interest from US pinsiders, some titles just sell like hot cakes in the US compared to here.
It does make an enormous difference. Look naked without them.

Fortunately that timebandit chap on Pinside has just resurfaced and is due to start making them again. I've got the Pinbits ramp fibre kit, which you don't seem to find anymore as Pinbits are a bit crap these days, but i'm perfectly happy with it.

So you're selling both your Tron LE's... Early retirement?

Fortunately that timebandit chap on Pinside has just resurfaced and is due to start making them again. I've got the Pinbits ramp fibre kit, which you don't seem to find anymore as Pinbits are a bit crap these days, but i'm perfectly happy with it.

Mine has the Timebandit kit, was told it had the Eli kit when I bought it. Opened the backbox and there was a great big red board fitted😂
Amazing bit of kit😎

Mine has the Timebandit kit, was told it had the Eli kit when I bought it. Opened the backbox and there was a great big red board fitted😂
Amazing bit of kit😎
Yeah his stuff is top notch!

The quality of the parts and workmanship on his boards and kits are second to none!

Never hurts to put a sale ad on here, even it it may be overpriced for forum members you never know someone might just be that person and it’s another machine kept in the uk.
I will be adding a couple games on here including tron, I’d rather keep it in here plus the cpu was reprogrammed officially so no hack boards needed.

I’d rather keep it in the U.K. they have way too many pins over in the states, I’ve told a couple of the guys who’s pm’d me on pinside I’m giving first dibs over here before it goes anywhere else.

I don’t think I’d take early retirement even if I could, enjoy my job way too much.

Selling off a few pins as the extension that was 80% going to be my new games room is now more like 40%, brought the other half’s business into the house thanks to covid, and her business demands space above all else.

Not a bad price for Ebay- Dyou think it’s a £3500 game as is Pro flavour on the forum? Just casting my mind back with ST Pro’s that have gone for sub 4K- similar age and standard of game.
It appears to be in very good condition - not something you can say for most eBay tripe. I’m in the camp of happy to pay more for HUO good condition games, and this would fit that description.

Demand for tron has certainly fallen over the years, but whether it a sub £4K is for others to speculate. A factory Tron is still good but lacks the wow factor the mods can add to it. It’s definitely a good place to start though.

Not a bad price for Ebay- Dyou think it’s a £3500 game as is Pro flavour on the forum? Just casting my mind back with ST Pro’s that have gone for sub 4K- similar age and standard of game.
When that Star Trek was up for sale it was a joke, I felt terrible for the seller.

People where dropping £1000s more on games with half as much in them, Star Trek pro is not sub 4K and neither is Tron, obviously the market speaks loudest but I’d rather go for a 4K Star Trek over a lot of other games that are less and more.

Then again I’d buy a Star Trek pro all day long at 6k over something like led zep with nothing on it.

If i were local id have had that tron, just got to much on work wise to go and get it, plus im still unsure about paying large amounts on ebay .. yes i know im daft

I’m just trying to convince myself I can afford one ;) - A pimped Tron is a bit of a dream pin and it’s the game that got me hooked on owning my own game. Would also love a ST one day

I've owned all three , the one I still own is Spiderman because it's the best of the three.
One of the few games I’ve played- a very good game for beginners. Easy to understand- hit the three sets of bad guys. Lots of fun timing the upper flipper shot to hit Venom

I tried to get a DMD apron from TimeBandit for nearly 2 years (no exaggeration) for my Tron LE, when I had it.

He was offering to do a chrome one, and I checked in with him every month or so, getting all sorts of excuses and ignored messages, but eventually ran out of desire for it. You can only apologise for asking for an update like an idiot so many times.

Shame really, as it would be a great mod for Tron if you can get one.

Tron is definitely mod sensitive imo. As said above without a ramp kit (not cruddy EL wire) it suffers. I’d say the mini arcade is essential too (and not cheap)

I tried to get a DMD apron from TimeBandit for nearly 2 years (no exaggeration) for my Tron LE, when I had it.

He was offering to do a chrome one, and I checked in with him every month or so, getting all sorts of excuses and ignored messages, but eventually ran out of desire for it. You can only apologise for asking for an update like an idiot so many times.

Shame really, as it would be a great mod for Tron if you can get one.

Tron is definitely mod sensitive imo. As said above without a ramp kit (not cruddy EL wire) it suffers. I’d say the mini arcade is essential too (and not cheap)
Think the guy was struggling for a while, hopefully he will get his mojo back. Have the original mini arcade on mine, I can see it if I put my glasses on🤓

Think the guy was struggling for a while, hopefully he will get his mojo back. Have the original mini arcade on mine, I can see it if I put my glasses on🤓
Yeah. Early on he said he was trying to get chroming quotes, then wasn’t happy with the quality of the job (I can only assume it was done). The closest I ever got to getting it was him offering to send me the parts to chrome myself. I tried to take him to on that offer but he vanished.

He did say he was struggling with issues later on and at that point I just felt “ugh” for trying to get an update, so just gave up.

(cool story bro, etc)

Four bad guys
emoji12.png
Forgot about the Green Goblin

Best thing about Spidey is the 'PLAY BETTER' call out when you drain. Game's a modern classic now by all accounts. This chat has me wanting another one.

When that Star Trek was up for sale it was a joke, I felt terrible for the seller.

People where dropping £1000s more on games with half as much in them, Star Trek pro is not sub 4K and neither is Tron, obviously the market speaks loudest but I’d rather go for a 4K Star Trek over a lot of other games that are less and more.

Then again I’d buy a Star Trek pro all day long at 6k over something like led zep with nothing on it.

Have you played led zep then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t get the hype for Tron - it’s an average game. I’d take Star Trek, Spider-Man and led zep over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom