What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some sellers have no idea really. sometimes helps if you message them and show them some recent ebay sales results to get their valuation view changed.

An offer of 850 got me a counter offer of £1600.
Maybe still a little steep - but im deffo no expoyt. But it is sold as spares (even if it does work) so..

Yeah - I mean next logical offer be £1k - but would expect him to counter with maybe 1200-1300. Which is probably more than I would want to pay for it. (Not sure its not worth that mind you - but to me its not - esp. since its not one im familiar with)

I put a cheeky £1k bid on it and the reserve wasnt met. Not long after it shot up to £2k.
Earlier today my bid was cancelled - which you need to do if you take the listing down I recall. So avoiding the ebay and/or PP fees I suspect

I think 1k for that elektra is about right on eBay. 700 would have been sensible and left some margin in it for the buyer in case of a nasty surprise like needing new boards

Whoever buys it will probably spend a lot of time and money on it though. 6x linear flipper mechs alone will be surprisingly expensive. It will need a massive amount of metal cleaning/ tumbling.

And at the end of it, the cabinet is heavily faded and the backglass is goosed. It won't attract a premium price so the buyer may lose money with a 1k in price

I put a cheeky £1k bid on it and the reserve wasnt met. Not long after it shot up to £2k.
Earlier today my bid was cancelled - which you need to do if you take the listing down I recall. So avoiding the ebay and/or PP fees I suspect
You still get charged for cancelled auctions, 10% of the highest bid.

Just done a bit of research as I can’t remember where I heard this. It seems you’re allowed to cancel one auction per year without getting charged (since 2014).

I guess they were sick of people using it to list and selling of ebay.
I mean I can see why they would do this - but it just seems less and less of a nice place to sell. (Not that was ever especially great).
I never understood why they hid any useful information about bidders either - seems like it be really easy to shill nowadays

I guess they were sick of people using it to list and selling of ebay.
I mean I can see why they would do this - but it just seems less and less of a nice place to sell. (Not that was ever especially great).
I never understood why they hid any useful information about bidders either - seems like it be really easy to shill nowadays
You have to remember it’s a business that takes 10% of highest bid. You used to be able to spot shill bidders from a sellers past sales and bids on other items. Now that you can’t ,prices can be inflated and eBay get a bigger commission.

had the same problem way back in 2015, won an auction for a Shadow
somebody called Steve from Fareham, Hampshire

after i won the auction he claimed he turned it on and smoke poured out of it and it would be really expensive to repair!
I said never mind i'll still take, never heard from him again

he might even be on here?
i'll look up his ebay id

cheers Bob

Buying is now a minefield the worst atm is Facebook I recently viewed a machine , owner wasn’t into pinball but had placed an ad on fb market place I viewed a rather ruff 90’s Williams / looks mint in photo and was trying to do a deal whilst taking into account all the issues - there were lots ! But then answer back was just Facebook says .... yeah but Facebook says .... I put a good price in on it but -again but Facebook 90% have no intention of driving with tools 100’s miles to pick it up or view , the phone was pinging as we tried to talk. Pinball buying is screwed at the moment. Sure glad I viewed before I put an offer in mind ... tbh I’ll be amazed if my next pin isn’t nib

From what I've seen recently, NIB games come half complete and unchecked. Crap QA/QC. Wouldn't accept that kind of service for other consumer items

If there was machines to play close by like Flipout/Chief etc I probably wouldn’t have any and have a happier wife!!!
Although this last year it’s been very handy.

Wow just wow.........
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
1978 Bally PlayBoy pinball machine restoration project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom