What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No for general searches, do you search pinball and then under coin operated, or is there another method?
Can’t seem to send the link via my phone by searched for ‘pinball machine’- then put in a 3k minimum- sold items on the filter. A POTC also went last week for very similar money. These seem like genuine sales; whereas so many things on EBay get shilled the constantly re-listed for the same crazy money

Nice spiderman on eBay
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Stern Spiderman Pinball

Was sold on here last year for £3500 to @robertlucas1970

£3500 was a great price...
I think there will be fewer and fewer games sold on PinballInfo going forward. There’s no incentive to try and ‘keep it in the hobby’ if the next owner (as is their perfect right to do so) decides to stick it on EBay.

Add that to the less user friendly For Sale section of the site plus EBay cheap listings offers and away you go.

That would be a shame from my point of view as I can’t remember the last game that I didn’t buy or sell through here, but then as I’ve only sold one game and bought two in the last 12 months I’m not exactly driving tons of traffic through the For Sales!

I’m not bothered at all. If I sell any of my games, I may think twice I have sold a few games on here, when I could have got higher prices/reached a larger audience with EBay.

With most of my games LE’s I would want to get as much for them as possible due to the ever increasing price of new Stern / JJP games.

There is less stick these days, with forum members criticising others for selling off group, before it was quite intimidating.. and a lot of nasty comments..

End of the day it is the owners decision to sell at the price they want, market will dictate what it will/won’t go for.

I think there will be fewer and fewer games sold on PinballInfo going forward. There’s no incentive to try and ‘keep it in the hobby’ if the next owner (as is their perfect right to do so) decides to stick it on EBay.

Add that to the less user friendly For Sale section of the site plus EBay cheap listings offers and away you go.

That would be a shame from my point of view as I can’t remember the last game that I didn’t buy or sell through here, but then as I’ve only sold one game and bought two in the last 12 months I’m not exactly driving tons of traffic through the For Sales!
I know what you’re saying- personally I’d much rather buy from the members on here; unless it was a member I recognise on EBay. I think FB is awash with crazies and Gumtree is practically all crooks trying to pull a fast one.

Do these machines actually sell at the inflated price theyre listed for on eBay though? I've only been watching eBay for the last couple of months granted but I don't see many of the bin price machines moving.

Do these machines actually sell at the inflated price theyre listed for on eBay though? I've only been watching eBay for the last couple of months granted but I don't see many of the bin price machines moving.
I tend to notice the older 90’s DMD games non WPC get shilled a bit and tend to pop up again or possibly a buyer has cocked on the deal? That’s the problem with EBay especially when they suspend your account for trying to communicate with the buyer and play a machine before buying it. Must say, I love this forum- it’s been a godsend. Must be the three coffees I’ve had this morning- but I’m feeling good vibes today! Wife has took kids out for an hour- I’m heading to the games room to play some pinball! Whoop whoop!

Was sold on here last year for £3500 to @robertlucas1970

£3500 was a great price...

I’m a little disappointed to see this to be honest. It was October/ November if memory serves me correctly that this was sold. I know it’s sellers prerogative but I’d wager this still would have sold on the forum in minutes if the price had been £4000/£4250.

I’ve just bought a spidey from col and wouldn’t have got into pinball if it wasn’t for this forum and the prices available on here.

It’s sad to see a for sale section with less and less pins in it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More group members are doing it now, there was a AC/DC BIB on Ebay for £10K.. it didn’t even get a mention on here first.. but again their machine, their price.. don’t like it, don’t buy it.

More group members are doing it now, there was a AC/DC BIB on Ebay for £10K.. it didn’t even get a mention on here first.. but again their machine, their price.. don’t like it, don’t buy it.
I totally agree Dave but then these people shouldn’t moan that prices are mental and they do

Sad really when you thing I sold a fair few sm last year non over £2500
You can’t believe that nib was £3600 in 2007

Yes I agree it is sad... it’s just looks like some people are benefiting financially from being a member of the forum rather than paying it forward to another member in the community.

Just my two cents and I understand it’s their property etc but I don’t think it’s very ethical IMO.

Comparing ebay with the forum my take, I just sold a motorcycle through fb marketplace in less than a day, after a no show through ebay, had to re list, 30 quid in fees, loads of timewasters and scammers.
I am of the opinion that machines can be sold by the seller wherever but machines sold on here have really good write ups and photos, some sellers on eBay don't bother and just add a photo of the flyer.
The realistic priced machines sell, the over priced ones don't.

So, two of these for sale - massive difference in pricing.
Who's pulling a fast one........

Both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had my SM up for £3250 in December for a couple weeks and that didn't generate much interest... ended up selling abroad. Agree that people around here are sometimes a bit unrealistic about prices, complaning about pinflation. From my point of view, those who have been in the hobby for 20 years have ended up with some good investments :)

Yes I agree it is sad... it’s just looks like some people are benefiting financially from being a member of the forum rather than paying it forward to another member in the community.

Just my two cents and I understand it’s their property etc but I don’t think it’s very ethical IMO.

Personally I think the forum should have more rules on this. Its p1ss take watching members flip for profit elsewhere after buying off the forum. They shouldn't be allowed to buy from here again imho.

The crux is everyone’s now thinking the next person is going to make the flip and profit hence no one wants to be seen selling at the normal rate instead going straight to top end. I’m not fussed I’ve resigned myself that I’m not going to he yet that 2- 3 k market anymore those machines are all just worth 2 at best. Will be interesting to revisit this thread this time next year.

Personally I think the forum should have more rules on this. Its p1ss take watching members flip for profit elsewhere after buying off the forum. They shouldn't be allowed to buy from here again imho.

Completely agree 150% - However unfortunately we arent the pinball police, and people can sell to who and where they want to.

It's a Massive bug bear of mine... It takes the **** out of those that are new to the hobby.... and that i have a massive problem with.

Completely agree 150% - However unfortunately we arent the pinball police, and people can sell to who and where they want to.

It's a Massive bug bear of mine... It takes the **** out of those that are new to the hobby.... and that i have a massive problem with.
I agree it would be hard to enforce, but a sticky thread perhaps with forum etiquette, simple rules like if you flip you get flipped from the forum! Might just drive home to some people how out of order it is when you're part of the community, some people might be oblivious to the bigger problem in what they're dojng and might just need it explained....or they're just aholes who need to go!

I agree it would be hard to enforce, but a sticky thread perhaps with forum etiquette, simple rules like if you flip you get flipped from the forum! Might just drive home to some people how out of order it is when you're part of the community, some people might be oblivious to the bigger problem in what they're dojng and might just need it explained....or they're just aholes who need to go!
I agree but the guy who sold it for what he paid for it to be fair and give people an opportunity to own it at a good price feels duped it’s the second time this has happened to him and told me he is now done with putting things on pinball info for sale

It’s too blurry - what if you buy then own for several years and suddenly the market is a different place? Same if you sell a project then see it for sale shortly afterwards at a much inflated price - the seller did some work to ‘earn’ that extra, but is it morally ok?

I’m slowly building myself a list of those who I want to deal with and those who I don’t. I’m not rich, far from it, but I’m not here to make money either. This is a hobby and an interest, and I’m only really interested in dealing with like-minded individuals now, even if a bargain comes along. I’m also not able to sell for a loss on a regular basis, which is partly why I keep games so long!
I feel a fair number of people now deal outside of this forum, which is effectively the same as having smaller trusted groups who live locally or used to drink in X pub or whatever. Just my opinion.

I think the inflation is a sign of things to come with the economy and the injection of all the funny money. Luxury goods might get funky for a while.

It’s sad to scarcely see pins being put up for sale here. Only way to really control it is to make this community particularly exclusive and vetted to trade in. Like [mention]Monkeyboypaul [/mention]said, people are likely already doing this on an individual basis. I know I would.

I missed out on a getaway and last action hero on here over Xmas, both at 1850, because of the timing. Realistic price and good adverts, I'm currently bidding on the bop on eBay, advertised as non working but I can't go above the budget, which it probably will. I just think there are many newbies like me who are trying to get back into pinball, but will end up short.

It’s too blurry - what if you buy then own for several years and suddenly the market is a different place? Same if you sell a project then see it for sale shortly afterwards at a much inflated price - the seller did some work to ‘earn’ that extra, but is it morally ok?

I’m slowly building myself a list of those who I want to deal with and those who I don’t. I’m not rich, far from it, but I’m not here to make money either. This is a hobby and an interest, and I’m only really interested in dealing with like-minded individuals now, even if a bargain comes along. I’m also not able to sell for a loss on a regular basis, which is partly why I keep games so long!
I feel a fair number of people now deal outside of this forum, which is effectively the same as having smaller trusted groups who live locally or used to drink in X pub or whatever. Just my opinion.
I agree, too blurry to really be manageable and adding a few hundred is one thing and totally fine if someone want to pay that, but putting up a wanted advert, others letting you have dibs first on a really well priced machine because of that advert to then advertise it 33% more 4 months later off form is really bad form for a forum member to do.

I think the inflation is a sign of things to come with the economy and the injection of all the funny money. Luxury goods might get funky for a while.

It’s sad to scarcely see pins being put up for sale here. Only way to really control it is to make this community particularly exclusive and vetted to trade in. Like [mention]Monkeyboypaul [/mention]said, people are likely already doing this on an individual basis. I know I would.

The whole country is in lockdown, big reason why not many selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom