What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he is a member on here but I believe selling for a friend and it on at bids so probably just trying to get the best price and what a lovely example
We are seeing a fair few pins up for sale on here and not going anywhere unless underpriced at the min maybe down to the new format I don’t know
Also certain dealers are paying silly money for pins and I know loads of people selling them stuff from here Williams amusement stock is mostly pins group members have sold them and why not if you can get a fair bit more money for it than on here but then you can’t really moan that prices are stupid
If the format of the for sale section of this forum dictates whether a member will buy a pin or not it just shows what a whimsical purchase it was in the first place.
I'm not looking for a pin at the moment so even the best, most loved by Pinballinfo members, all singing and dancing for sale section wouldn't cause me to buy one.
Just my 2p.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've been actively looking lately and most of those on ebay don't sell and just get relisted, says it all about the asking prices, 3.4k for whirlwind with only 3 pics and write up is just a pic of the flyer.

I only ever buy from ebay if a reasonably priced project comes up.
You would be much better off keeping an eye on the for sale section of the forum (as onerous as that might be according to some [emoji1]) or posting a wanted ad.

Love looking at the for sale forum on here even if I’m still struggling to get my head around the new format / layout
Me too but not as much fun now it’s has been compartmented.
Easily stitched up on eBay, seen a machine that was on there the other day and now has reappeared with more faults than before! The Gladiators one.

At least forum members list properly on here, decent write ups, what's good, bad, what's been done and good pictures, and a firm price. Martin knows most and others can vouch for them.

So, two of these for sale - massive difference in pricing.
Who's pulling a fast one........

It don’t bother me too much that people put on eBay instead of the forum if they want to run the gauntlet of the time wasting on there that’s up to them. What does annoy me though is when a game is bought from someone on here and a short time later appears straight on eBay for considerably more than they paid. Even worse when they are a relatively new member. Case in point is one of them Godzillas. Most of us on here will know where that came from. If he is done with it then fine but it would of been a good sub 2k game to move onto someone else on here.

Just my 2p worth

It don’t bother me too much that people put on eBay instead of the forum if they want to run the gauntlet of the time wasting on there that’s up to them. What does annoy me though is when a game is bought from someone on here and a short time later appears straight on eBay for considerably more than they paid. Even worse when they are a relatively new member. Case in point is one of them Godzillas. Most of us on here will know where that came from. If he is done with it then fine but it would of been a good sub 2k game to move onto someone else on here.

Just my 2p worth
What I was thinking too, was it £1800?

I agree completely but it is very difficult to police such behaviour. There will always be someone who values the extra dollar over the wrath of the group, unfortunately.

At the end of the day we are either a community who looks after one another or it’s every man for themselves in the hunt for £’s. I know which camp I fall into. I sold a Spiderman recently and had 4 full offers in under 10 mins. An hour after I marked as sold I had a message offering considerably more. I still sold to the first person who offered the asking.

I’ve been burnt myself where a pin I sold someone was then flipped instantly for more money. I knew it was worth a few hundred more than I sold it but I was happy to let it move on for what it cost me to keep a cheapish pin out there. I now wouldn’t sell to them if they were the only offer in town. I’d rather tombstone

The one at 3k bought from here from a group member for around 2k the buyer asked lots of advice on here and given too him by group members then it pops up 3 months later at 1k more good luck too him he is entitled to what he wants to do with it but the next time he pops up people may not be as forthcoming

the one at 7k I will show my **** in Morrison’s if he sells it for that that company just cropped up with a load of stuff I suspect lots of **** from Europe he has over paid for then passing it off on e bay with shocking pics and the bog standard it’s been fully restored by a fully qualified pinball technician I doubt he will be here for long I asked a few people about him and nobody seems to know him

A
At the end of the day we are either a community who looks after one another or it’s every man for themselves in the hunt for £’s. I know which camp I fall into. I sold a Spiderman recently and had 4 full offers in under 10 mins. An hour after I marked as sold I had a message offering considerably more. I still sold to the first person who offered the asking.

I’ve been burnt myself where a pin I sold someone was then flipped instantly for more money. I knew it was worth a few hundred more than I sold it but I was happy to let it move on for what it cost me to keep a cheapish pin out there. I now wouldn’t sell to them if they were the only offer in town. I’d rather tombstone
Well we need to keep forum members like yourself to offer games on here, the alternative would be pins for sale at silly prices not moving, that would be sad

Come on, let's hear it. What is this guy on Facebook selling a pin in the name of The Pinball Heaven?
Clearly not Phil. But someone trying to use Pinball Heaven credentials?

If they are trying to use Phils rep to sell stuff they chose the wrong pin. Even John Travolta would struggle to shift disco fever

It's the ebay seller fees and to avoid extemely low ball offers tbh. Hence the price, it does say open to offer so I'm trying to get what I paid for it.

I paid £2300 with credit card fees. Which if anyone is interested on here in matching, send me a PM.

Not trying to pull a fast one, purchased and loved. Completed objective so now looking to change as I only have room for one.

I also figured the group wouldn't be interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom