What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, My first post. Spotted a Dr Who on Ebay as a project. Mentioned it to Mike Parkins who I am friends with on FB and he said to post in this group.

The vendor has the handle doug.blac if anyone knows him?
I asked for some info about the machine and he doesn't want to say anything but "
more details causes problems selling​
" which suggests to me that something is wrong or missing.

We are Dr Who fans, have a full size radio controlled dalek (home made) and the Dr Who fruit machine, so this popping up appeals to me.
I am not a complete newbie where it comes to repairing pins, I look after a couple of Addams for friends in my area. Have fought the dreaded battery damage and other issues, I can do board level repairs and have a metalwork shop on the side of the house.

Would appreciate any heads up on the vendor or other thoughts, especially regarding his lesss than encouraging comms. Mike thinks the pin is worth 1500 if it plays and 3000 in good working condition. Hope I am the only one interested.

It's only 300 miles each way and Martin doesn't do Scotland (so I read somewhere).

Vince.

There’s no dalek topper (unobtanium) with it AND it’s worth about 1500 when fully working. The fact it’s not working points to board issues, factor in 300 a board(4/5 of them) plus has a rising mini playfield which if not working can be a pain to sort out plus extra cost. As is its worth the starting price, 500!

Dr who is a cult theme BUT the pinball is not sought after or particularly desirable.

Pinball machines tend to be valuable if folk enjoy playing them. Value is not generally age or rarity related.

A nice, clean, comolete, fully working, with all important topper, Dr Who can probably be found for around 2k.

In your shoes I would wait for a decent worker that is being sold by someone known on here or known to Mike. Dr Who is not a rare game. They do come up for sale every few months

This star trek looks a bit suspect, classified add £2500 with a dodgy looking email address for buy now, sure I've seen the pics on another ad a couple of months ago for about 4k, I might be wrong

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There’s no dalek topper (unobtanium) with it AND it’s worth about 1500 when fully working. The fact it’s not working points to board issues, factor in 300 a board(4/5 of them) plus has a rising mini playfield which if not working can be a pain to sort out plus extra cost. As is its worth the starting price, 500!

I can fix the boards if the components are available but had not noticed the dalek topper was missing. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hi, My first post. Spotted a Dr Who on Ebay as a project. Mentioned it to Mike Parkins who I am friends with on FB and he said to post in this group.

The vendor has the handle doug.blac if anyone knows him?
I asked for some info about the machine and he doesn't want to say anything but "
more details causes problems selling​
" which suggests to me that something is wrong or missing.

We are Dr Who fans, have a full size radio controlled dalek (home made) and the Dr Who fruit machine, so this popping up appeals to me.
I am not a complete newbie where it comes to repairing pins, I look after a couple of Addams for friends in my area. Have fought the dreaded battery damage and other issues, I can do board level repairs and have a metalwork shop on the side of the house.

Would appreciate any heads up on the vendor or other thoughts, especially regarding his lesss than encouraging comms. Mike thinks the pin is worth 1500 if it plays and 3000 in good working condition. Hope I am the only one interested.

It's only 300 miles each way and Martin doesn't do Scotland (so I read somewhere).

Vince.

Martin does do Scotland but you have to wait until its viable for him. There is a guy in Glasgow who will storage your pin for you until Martin's on his loop up there.

I'm about 60% shopping my Dr Who. I will have a pinsound with updated tunes. Colour DMD. Just trying to change the lock lights on the Time Expander. Nightmare to get too!

Dodgy twilight zone 4.2k these pics were used in a sale 2 weeks ago another classified add
This was the sold one for 6695

Reported
Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Most likely the same scammer, the real ebay account owner will be unaware their account has been hacked.

Hey guys whats the score with the Twilight Zone on Ebay (Classified price £2700) no bids just an email address ....looking at his other items for sale there are various other items with the same classified no bids routine but a different email address fpr all of them?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twilight...521845?hash=item4212feacf5:g:9GoAAOSw4qNeOKW6
scammy scammy scam scam.

AVOID & REPORT.

1582024422315.png

this tactic of using an email address inserted as an image file (so ebay can't read & block it) is very popular - i'm amazed ebay haven't found a way to stop this type of thing, they seem to stop everything else...

you can see it's a bit pixelated around the text, like a poor quality jpeg:

1582024504734.png

Last edited:
£3999 for the pair of RS would be too much

SW DE is DE second best selling game but it keeps rising in value. Unlike most pins it sells to folks who just want SW so dont come back up for sale

It’s not just pinballs, if you look at seller’s other items, loads of high priced scams with different email addresses, bikes, guitars etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom