What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete STTNG the next one for the shop job!

Hi, Kev,

It looks like there are washers directly under the nylock nuts holding the jet bumper rings; are they the thin ones meant to be between the shoulder of each shaft and the metal armature link?.

Amazingly well spotted Jay!!!! my cock up which will be rectified immediately!

Thanks bud

Kev

sure will be putting something on there either the stern ones(steel) or felt

Cheers Kev

Steel all the way mate, I have just sold one of my MB's and the legs had been on for months and had been removed a few times. There is not a mark on the cab. I will never fit anything else on a shopped machine.

I also modded mine to remove some height and incorporate screws. Its in my MB shop log on here.

Cheers

Joules

Steel all the way mate, I have just sold one of my MB's and the legs had been on for months and had been removed a few times. There is not a mark on the cab. I will never fit anything else on a shopped machine.

I also modded mine to remove some height and incorporate screws. Its in my MB shop log on here.

Cheers

Joules
Yeah will probs go that way as this will be a keeper when done!!

Cheers Kev

Lost last weekend due to the brill NLP show, but now back on it and the LEDs are now fitted, just waiting on a few missing ones to turn up and then attention turns to the top of the playfield - at last!!!

Cheers Kev

OK Kev,
one more on the LEDS.
Warm white or natural for the GI?
Im going to make an order with comet
Depends on the theme of the machine - futuristic type machine look better with cool white LEDs so STTNG T2 Demo Man etc other look better with warm white but the choice is purely personal. At PLAY at the weekend there was 2 T2s, one had standard tungsten bulbs in (very warm colouring) and the other had cool white LEDs - the one with the cool LEDs looked awesome!!! the other looked crap to be honest

Hope that helps

CHeers Kev

A lot of progress today - firstly put washers in right place on pops - thanks @Jay Walker for pointing that out - think you can just make it out from the pic

PA170364.JPG

Next job was to take the subway to bits and clean it

Before
PA170366.JPG

full of autosol here (note the subway 3 piece protector set fitted here)
PA170367.JPG

finished and back on playfield after servicing the solenoids as well

PA170369.JPG

Next playfield was take off rotisserie and stuck back in the machine so I could build it up - put lots of shiny steels back on as you can see!! - siderails on, back board back on etc

PA170372.JPG

and a view from under side now back in machine - only the vuks to put back on underneath then it is all top work from now on so getting closer !!
PA170375.JPG

thats all for now folks

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• PA170368.JPG
    PA170368.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
A bit of top work done today but now waiting for all the GI leds and flasher before I can do much else
PA180376.JPG

Hi Jon, I have order a mixture of colours and cool whites for the GI so will play about wuth them and see what it looks like. I use Dave at pinball-led.co.uk @alchy

Cheers Kev

rewired the looms on both cannons today

old ones which were going hay wire on their own!
PA190377.JPG
and the nice new shiny ones from Pinball Heaven installed ready to back on playfield

PA190380.JPG

Cheers Kev

Bit more work on top tonight and wired up playfield so first sneak peek at the leds - gotta say thay look fab !!!! lot m,ore GI to go in yet and mess around with but the inserts look spot on.

Some of you may note the left cannon isn't homing even though I have put a new loom on both cannons. It did this before I shopped so its something I've done but clearly nothing to do with the loom. It intermittently works and in the cannon test the optos are working fine - very odd. I'm thinking bad connection but not sure where yet, so if anyone has seen this before it may save me a lot of digging!!

Cheers Kev

IMG_0731.JPG

suspect it needs replacement looms from @philpalmer - those should be changed as a matter of course on STTNG as commonly fail..

Edit - Ahh you rewired them... my bad!

Back
Top Bottom