What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete STTNG the next one for the shop job!

sure do Daz :( on the look out for a new decent one this time!!! do I remember you saying you may have a spare bigfoot cave sign for a WH20 when we are at the last gig ?

Cheers Kev
Will dig it out for you buddy, it's just remembering were to start digging :confused:

well orbital sander fixed with a new bearing so progress has been made - cab fully sanded and filled -(just a bit!)
P8290215.JPG

Then an initial rub down with 120 grit a couple more bits to fill then it will be done with 240 and 400 grit to a mirror finish and then its ready to painted ges prior to decalling. Watch this space!!

P8310216.JPG

Cheers Kev

It was great seeing this in the flesh today. So glad I've arranged the next one for you. I just couldn't give it this kind of attention.

It hadn't occurred to me but do you do this for a living or hobby/side-line for other people @newdos? Always just assumed they were your games!

It hadn't occurred to me but do you do this for a living or hobby/side-line for other people @newdos? Always just assumed they were your games!
yeah it is just a hobby and they are my games. I just bought one of @Big Phil l that he was a tad overwhelmed with - and I could easily see why lol !!!! more will be revealed when it get shopped (eventually)

Cheers Kev

Last edited:
Good work mate and quick too!! Was wondering what spray paint do you use? Is it in cans and do you prime first? Cheers, Jon
Hi Jon,
I have primed in the past but found it made no difference as only 1/16 is visible anyway which invariable pulls off when you trim the edge back. I then have to to touch it in with a paint pen. I just use black matt acrylic spray cans off ebay.

Cheers Kev

Finished cab ready to put back together just a quick touch up on the edges required where the decal always pulls the bloody paint off !!!

Time to put it all back together now and move onto playfield
P9020226.JPG

P9020227.JPG

Well if @Paul doesn't get his **** up here to collect this one I have here that's been done with a warning text screen then it's fair game.

Just a thought, but wouldn't using primer help minimise the paint peeling off? I mean, that's the point of primer, tough base that top coat sticks to. How does the decal cause the paint to come off? Is it when you need to trim the edges?

Not trying to tell you what to do! You're clearly make a great job and I've never done this. Just curious as to what the ins and outs of the situation are...

Just a thought, but wouldn't using primer help minimise the paint peeling off? I mean, that's the point of primer, tough base that top coat sticks to. How does the decal cause the paint to come off? Is it when you need to trim the edges?

Not trying to tell you what to do! You're clearly make a great job and I've never done this. Just curious as to what the ins and outs of the situation are...
tried it with primer made no difference. Yeah its when you trim the edges a mil or 2 back and peel the thin strip off - often takes the paint with it!! Also found even if the paint didn't come off you still have to touch the edges in anyway as the cut edge of the decal is white and it really shows up.

Cheers Kev

Cab starting to go back together - we like shiny metal!!! - wont be long now to get this bit done and then onto the very complex playfield!
P9080236.JPG

Cheers Kev

tried it with primer made no difference. Yeah its when you trim the edges a mil or 2 back and peel the thin strip off - often takes the paint with it!! Also found even if the paint didn't come off you still have to touch the edges in anyway as the cut edge of the decal is white and it really shows up.

Cheers Kev
Just saw in another thread about clearcoating after painting. Would that possibly stop the paint pealing?

Just saw in another thread about clearcoating after painting. Would that possibly stop the paint pealing?
Im sure it would but a bit of f on just as easy to touch in afterwards!! Might try it next time though

Back
Top Bottom