What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete STTNG the next one for the shop job!

Is that a water slide decal like the ones youd use on an airfix model?
would love to do the cabinet on my Wh2o someday.

Head now finished - all boards and metal cleaned and polished - even had a go at making my own replacement labels - worked a treat!! Just the light board to do and jobs done - cabinet next

Blinded by the shiny steel !!!!

P8180174.JPG

P8180175.JPG
P8180176.JPG

Heres one for ya,I dont want to start a new thread on it.
does the glass in your sttng move up and down even when its locked ?
Mine does.about 3/4mm

its there allright.
From the day I got it I noticed the lock down bar was trickier to fit back than my other games.
Just thinking,I'll try fit my roadshow bar onto it later and see if it makes a difference.

Heres one for ya,I dont want to start a new thread on it.
does the glass in your sttng move up and down even when its locked ?
Mine does.about 3/4mm
most of my machines have a little bit of play on the glass but not sure on the sttng as its in a thousand bits at the mo!!!!!

OK bit more progress lightboard is all done and back in the head so that's it complete now. Next job I stripped the cab bare.

Before
P8240179.JPG

And after
P8240209.JPG

Earth braid is as good as new so not replacing that. Front of cab and one side stripped tonight will take a pre sand pic when I have the other side done tomorrow.

Here is a pic of all the cab bits piled up!!

P8240208.JPG

That's all for tonight folks!!!

Cheers Kev

Sneaky 30 mins at lunchtime and the cab is stripped bare. Now ready for some serious sanding before filling - watch this vast space!!!!

Last side before

IMG_0613.JPG

and after - time to sand and get all the glue off !!!!

P8250210.JPG

Cheers Kev

Wow. You do not hang around Kev! Impressive stuff.
This is going to look amazing. Great game STTNG. It's my favourite game at the moment.

Wow. You do not hang around Kev! Impressive stuff.
This is going to look amazing. Great game STTNG. It's my favourite game at the moment.
Cheers man!!! yeah I like it too - but wasn't playing well because of cracked ramps which will be rectified during the shop

Cheers Kev

I'm interested to see how you get on with the coin door. I removed mine last night and the frame looks fiddly to strip the paint. Are you using the Bar-b-q paint?

I'm interested to see how you get on with the coin door. I removed mine last night and the frame looks fiddly to strip the paint. Are you using the Bar-b-q paint?
I haven't done on coin doors before just ordinary matt black acrylic - I'm using the barbq paint for the gun handle as it's very hard wearing apparently ?

Cheers Kev

I'm gong bar-b-q on all the metal so will let you know. Currently stripping all the metal work at a snails pace :tut:

What you using to get the paint off the fiddly stuff like the door frame?

Note to self and other lurkers on here!! - don't buy cheap crap tools ie my Ferm random orbital sander has 2 and half cabs and the bearings have disintegrated!!!

supposed 3 year warranty - lets see what happens - I aint holding my breath lol !!

Shagged tool stops play aargh!!!!

IMG_0614.JPG

The old saying, you get what you pay for.
I have a Metabo random orbital sander and that baby's done around 80 cabs and loads of other stuff.

I have a Metabo random orbital sander and that baby's done around 80 cabs and loads of other stuff.
sure do Daz :( on the look out for a new decent one this time!!! do I remember you saying you may have a spare bigfoot cave sign for a WH20 when we are at the last gig ?

Cheers Kev

new quality SFK bearing ordered £3 quid so hopefully that one might last lol !!!

Hope it's SKF you meant Sfk is probably the cheap Chinese knockoff.;-)

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom