What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

Good to se they are using stuff from ghostbusters 2 as well... I kinda like the second one

I was just going to say that. Looks like there's 2 open playfield (cc stylee) drop targets for the scoleri brothers! and ghostbusters 2 rocks!

'he is vigo'

Is today going to be the reveal? 2 years to the day since Harold Ramis passed away (very sad)

Doubt it'll happen before Texas Pinball Festival. Why would it? They get more publicity that way, plus by that time there'll be more mindshare, as pre-release hype and PR usually begins to build 3-4 months before release (new film is due mid July).

Jesus ... they actually went with duck-face Murray and I-just-soiled-myself Ackroyd ... Egon looks good though.

The artwork likenesses for Murray are just weird and slimmer doesn't look that great either. Can't quite put my figure on it, but a bit disappointing as hand drawn art is a step in the right direction. All abit odd as the cab art looks ace. Finding it hard to believe zombie yeti did it all , unless there were some other factors from the big wigs involved

The artwork likenesses for Murray are just weird and slimmer doesn't look that great either. Can't quite put my figure on it, but a bit disappointing as hand drawn art is a step in the right direction. All abit odd as the cab art looks ace. Finding it hard to believe zombie yeti did it all , unless there were some other factors from the big wigs involved

Well the cabinet artwork was just mockups. Difficult to tell how the actual thing will look.

Re: the main translite, promotional image and possibly pf art ... I think Egon looks great, but would agree otherwise. It all looks a bit childish and crude compared with his normal standard of work. The composition and layout of the translite was also really bizarre.

For me Ghostbusters has to look and play brilliantly, as it'll apparently be lacking an LCD or other major improvements. Given UK prices ... why would I buy one with DP & Heighway producing much more modern 21st century machines, which at least in the case of DP appear to be manufactured to an incredibly high quality standard. Premium & LE prices are perilously close to JJP, too.

It's the dream theme right there... Awesome stern doing it old school .
Still gonna wait this one out though and see how it pans out after a few code updates .
A ghostbusters pinball from stern , who would have believed it.... Was only about 7 years ago every game they churned out like 24 or WoF CSI etc we would all be like " this is the end surley " and now we are here, just goes to show how much the love of pinball has grown ....Happy days, can even feel my mojo recovering from its mojo flatline :clap:

It's the dream theme right there... Awesome stern doing it old school .
Still gonna wait this one out though and see how it pans out after a few code updates .
A ghostbusters pinball from stern , who would have believed it.... Was only about 7 years ago every game they churned out like 24 or WoF CSI etc we would all be like " this is the end surley " and now we are here, just goes to show how much the love of pinball has grown ....Happy days, can even feel my mojo recovering from its mojo flatline :clap:

I still think its all on a 10 year ish cycle so these titles and effort won't last forever. Of course i may be wrong and this interest could keep going forever, but

1984 ---------- 1994-------2004---------2014-------????

v------------------^-------------v---------------^------------

Check back in 2024 and see where we are?

Last edited:
Doesn't actually look as bad as I thought. I'm still on the fence and I still think their choice of the main villain is **** poor

hey guys - can someone post the full pics of the GB playfield (full art) - I only see little snippets. Interested in potentially buying one

Regarding trailer:

General style I like, and the effects look good. A lot of CGI these days looks inappropriate or lazy, here it fits the bill I think.

Most disappointing is that the black lady is predictably the 'dumb' one (others are scientists), is 'sassy' and plays a shallow charicature similar to something from Big Momma's House ... yawn.

hey guys - can someone post the full pics of the GB playfield (full art) - I only see little snippets. Interested in potentially buying one

Nope. Someone's periodically leaking small crops of a larger photo, or photos. There was speculation that it came from Sony, but I expect it's Stern.

Looks good, glad it's a continuation not a remake

Just watched the trailer. Looks like a reboot to me and not a continuation. Some of the stuff is almost identical to the original such as arriving with the Hearse, the black member joining up later than the 3 white members (and is also the odd one out that is not a scientist), the first apparition, Slimer.... I could go on.

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with them going with an all female crew this time. But the film looks bloody awful judging by the trailer. Crap joke after crap joke. I'm a bit disappointed really. Wasn't expecting much to be honest but was expecting better than that.

Crap joke after crap joke. I'm a bit disappointed really. Wasn't expecting much to be honest but was expecting better than that.

But that's what the originals were. It was just 30 years ago so people have rose tinted spectactles on, they grew up with it, and there was a bit more charm to Hollywood movies back then. I can't say I found anything particularly funny or clever about the originals ... not that I've watched them since I was a kid.

For me it was the music and style that made GB.

But that's what the originals were. It was just 30 years ago so people have rose tinted spectactles on, they grew up with it, and there was a bit more charm to Hollywood movies back then. I can't say I found anything particularly funny or clever about the originals ... not that I've watched them since I was a kid.

For me it was the music and style that made GB.

Well that's OK. But I don't agree! And I have watched them since I was a kid. So therefore I must be considered the expert out of us two and I must be right. :p

Just kidding of course. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I still enjoy the original. Even number 2 that most people hate.

Why has no one else voiced their dislike for the main villain?

Pretty sure I've voiced my dislike for the whole film, that includes the main villain.....see post above ;)

Back
Top Bottom