What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

Yes, lets change a well established cast of a well known and beloved franchise, and insert replacement females, because it's 2016 and we have quotas

You can't be serious. It's 32 years since the original, and 27 years since the sequel. That "well established cast" are rather haggard to say the least, at 60-70. Bill Murray practically looks like he has one foot in the grave, lately. Harold Ramis and the mayor guy both died recently. How could you do a sequel on that 'established cast' ....... ???

Why not replace them with women? 50% of the writing team is nevertheless the same, and I think Hudson / Weaver / Murray / Ackroyd will all make cameos.

I'm sure the film will be unfunny, charmless ****e, but that's the case with almost everything that's been produced in Hollywood for the last 20 years.

Last edited:
You can't be serious. It's 32 years since the original, and 27 years since the sequel. That "well established cast" are rather haggard to say the least, at 60-70. Bill Murray practically looks like he has one foot in the grave, lately. Harold Ramis and the mayor guy both died recently. How could you do a sequel on that 'established cast' ....... ???

Why not replace them with women? 50% of the writing team is nevertheless the same, and I think Hudson / Weaver / Ackroyd will all make cameos.

I'm sure the film will be unfunny, charmless ****e, but that's the case with almost everything that's been produced in Hollywood for the last 20 years.

But then why is it called Ghostbusters? It doesn't follow on from the previous firm(s) or have any connections to the characters. It just feels like they have taken a successful franchise name and rehashed it while deciding to be "radical" by replacing the male cast with a female cast

So you'd prefer they did a spoof called GhoulSmashers with people in prosthetics to look like the original cast? If they do a remake then people will whine about destroying the original. Passage of time dictates that it has to be a reboot, so why would they use the same all male lead format? It's likely to be crap, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the sex of the main cast members.

Remember Ackroyd has a hand in all this.

Who cares if the new film is pants, the pinball is based on the original film so all good. I'd like to see a proper hd remaster of I and ii. The boxset on iTunes says hd but is still grainy, under a tenner though and with lots of bonus content.

That's not just a quick mobile phone shot, that's a cropped portion of a proper pf photo. I still reckon Stern is dropping these little nuggets to keep up interest

Also, whilst the art looks ok it's not on a par with Metallica and worries me into thinking that the rumoured backglass is real :confused:

It's almost a throw back to 90s art on games, like the Data East stuff. Not necessarily a bad thing

Good to se they are using stuff from ghostbusters 2 as well... I kinda like the second one

No way of telling how old the PF photos are, like the backglass. But like the backglass it lacks the usual quality, detail and 'edge' that most of ZombieYeti's work exhibits.

Together with the no LCD and the fact that TBL / Hobbit will be available around the same time, with Alien hopefully a little later, I can see this being a real damp squib. Especially in UK / Europe where pricing is likely to look very unfavourable compared with DP / Heighway.

Back
Top Bottom