What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
It looks like Ghostbusters will be the next pin from Stern and will be the first to use their colour LCD.

Hand drawn artwork on the translite and rumored to be on the playfield too.

Trudeau on design and Dwight Sullivan on code.

Great movie and theme but not one that grabs me personally.

ea07d7da6bfd2902491c93b26e25542d.jpg 226dd8f37828c70b51b7f1c65381fccc8ce19b73.jpg b495d7a9c14ba82d9584fa8a258d7f55fb1345f5.jpg

When you say "it looks like" I presume it hasn't been announced officially and these are leaked images?

I don't get it. Why?
I mean, I know there's apparently a new film being made but that's all women and not relevant to that ugly-as-sin backglass.

Are they re-releasing the original film or something? Nobody knows the original film except for over-30s, has Stern given up on trying to appeal to youngsters then?

I don't get it. Why?
I mean, I know there's apparently a new film being made but that's all women and not relevant to that ugly-as-sin backglass.

Are they re-releasing the original film or something? Nobody knows the original film except for over-30s, has Stern given up on trying to appeal to youngsters then?

It's a cult classic it will allways be popular unless the new one kills that (it's out this year btw). Not a fan of the back glass but the game might be ok

That translite would be a lot better looking if they darkened the colours a bit. At the moment it reminds me of that awful Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

It is a great film Rudi but a bit marmite like most of the Cohen brothers stuff.

I don't get it. Why?

Stern follow the money - nostalgia drives collecting.
Trying to get youngsters off X-Box and playing pinball is all but impossible:confused:

I am such a bad judge, coz I have to say I quite like the artwork :oops::oops::oops:

That backglass looks like it was drawn by me.
I can't draw.

When i first watched Ghostbusters it literally scared the **** out of me - particularly that scene where the sofa grabs Sigourney Weaver! I was 35 at the time*

*lie. i was only 6.

I tried watching it with my 6 year old boy over Christmas, he got about 20 mins in before we had to change it 'cos it was scaring him.

God that back glass is ****.:eek:

I don't get the obsession with hand drawn art. There is nothing wrong with using photoshop. I think the problem Stern have is that the artists they use don't really have a grasp as to how photoshop can be used creatively so they end up with blocky drag and drop style graphics.

IMO the initial backglass for Alien(s) looks so much better than this.

Looks ok for me, better then that "All-Women-Ghostbusters" crap would look.

I hope it will come out with a good PF and a radical sound/music style.

Interesting playfield design with 2 in-lanes on each side, reduced? slings, left and right loops, left, right and possibly centre ramp, plus what looks to be left and right VUK. I wonder if the VUK's will feed the ramps as well....

wierd whitewood indeed.

Looks like 3 roll overs on each side allthough one looks like it feeds onto the slings ??
Sparseness at the top suggests a small upper playfiled to me (ala pinbot or whitewater) but then what do i know ?

Artwork looks ok to me, not brilliant but alot better than cut and pasted movie stills

edit:
just relooked at white wood and the bits i was assuming were the slings are obviously the lamp holes for the outlane guides or the flippers. Still looks like 3 rollovers unless one of those slots is for the sling switches etc ?

Last edited:
could be for the mech of this guy
226dd8f37828c70b51b7f1c65381fccc8ce19b73-jpg.25028

Not quite pinball but have you seen the new Lego Goastbusters HQ set ! I want it but £270 for a Lego set !! I know who I'm gonna call The bank manager :confused:

Not quite pinball but have you seen the new Lego Goastbusters HQ set ! I want it but £270 for a Lego set !! I know who I'm gonna call The bank manager :confused:
I wanted the tower bridge lego set but that was a similar price too. Not paying it for lego! Just thought it would be something to do at Christmas

Back
Top Bottom