What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Ghostbusters

Looks awesome :)

The boogie woogie music is " cleaning up the town " by the bus boys it's quite prominent in the movie , but yeah this version is a bit sucky

Love the look of the slimer bash toy... Still with prices at the moment can't see me getting one anytime soon

The article says it has the original theme song. Play is the same on the Premium and LE editions.

Love it, looks incredible. Haven't seen a feature matrix yet but assuming that the only difference between Premium and LE is the cabinet then I'll be going for a Premium - think the green on the LE is a bit much.

The premium looks immense. Looks to me like Stern got everything right (particularly v GOT which - in my mind - fell short in a few areas).

Looks like loads of features.

Just short of a few grand...

Here's hoping they've licensed the GB theme from Ray Parker Jr .

Honestly I hope that they've licensed Savin the day by the Alessi Brothers as in my opinion it is more of an actual song where as Ray Parker Jr's theme song is a bit gimicky despite being a staple of the franchise .

Can anyone do a count of all the games Stern released since WOZ?

This looks fun, look forward to playing one soon (no doubt before I play a finished Hobbit)

I'm a bit worried about that damn repetative ghostbusters music playing, I guess there's always pinball browser.

Really like the sound of the new slingshot mechanisms ( magnets ) on the prem/LE, will be interesting to see how they perform.

P/f looks totally stacked:)
Shame no LCD but color dmd will look great in green dots.
Looks like a big winner for Stern.
If only prices hadn't risen so much!

I can't say I'm overly keen.

The colour scheme of the playfield and art style are really similar to Metallica, so right off the bat it doesn't seem that fresh. As I said before, the art's much less edgy and detailed than a lot of Zombie Yeti's stuff. Upper part of the playfield looks really crowded and unappealing, and toys still look really cheap compared with JJP and DP. Backglass still a bit derpy. No LCD. LE's cabinet art and colour scheme looks bad and really doesn't match the playfield at all IMO. Pro cabinet looks good, Premium superb. Though again it's another another Premium without flipper button guards. The rumoured laser beams didn't make it.

I don't see how most people in EU / UK can justify this if they're buying one NIB game per year, or one every 2 years. Big Lebowski will probably be cheaper than a GB Premium in the UK, and immensely higher quality than the LE. Depending on what Heighway do with Alien (i.e. how good it is), a Heighway LE won't be much more than a Pro. I'm guessing the GB LE will be £9000+ in the UK ... but then that's JJP territory, with Hobbit becoming available and the Lawlor game due later in the year.

Yeah they've made more effort in some areas (art), and it's a good theme, but it seems like another by-the-numbers game with little to no advancement in build quality or innovation.

Last edited:
I think it looks amazing. Must admit I thought I was gonna see an lcd screen on this one. Money no object I'd have a premium. Money is an object so I'll watch it on YouTube :thumbs:

Looks great.

My only criticism at this point .............why oh why ......when the Public Library, and the Pop Bumper cityscape are 3D pretty cool looking ....is the Station House a crappy flat panels/sticker affair !?! :eek: It looks like a frickin Ghostbusters lunchbox :rofl:

Why could it not have looked like, for example, the buildings used in Dirty Harry ??

Overall ...:thumbs: ...they are gonna sell a *ton* of these.

Whats the betting an LCD "upgrade" is released for another $400 on top....

Yeah looked like some colour going on in that vid... Maybe that's how they programme it, but was a lot of red in the marshmallow man animation

Looks awesome, been trying to see the difference between the premium and pro, like the le but prefer the cab on the pro model think I may have to sell my whole collection to buy this!

**** me that backglass is dreadful:sad: Reminds me of some of the very bad DE stuff

Game looks like it could be fun though. Is there a subway or is it a ball lock?

Not a title for me but fingers crossed someone on here buys one so we get to play it:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom